Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone expecting a Price Dro

• 27-02-2007 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Well since selling my home and car I still won't buy a PS3. Im lookin into getting an Xbox in the summer.
    So my question, anoyne hear anything of a price drop for the PS3 launch?
    Or.. What good Bundles are around? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Well in xtra vision when you buy a xbox 360 premium (E409) bundle you get a second wireless controller and 3 games i think free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Prices have dropped a little since before Christmas, but I think they're all rejigging their bundles so you might not be getting the bargain you think.
    (I mean XBox Live Arcade unplugged really doesn't count as a real game in a Bundle, does it?)

I saw on the Xbox magazine (www.oxm.co.uk) that some online retailers are dropping their Core systems by about £50-75 stg because they are expecting a cut from MS to undercut the PS3 further. I haven't confirmed that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Kevin2006

Im hopefully getting a 360 around the launch of the ps3 so hopefully there will be a price drop!!
    Well in xtra vision when you buy a xbox 360 premium (E409) bundle you get a second wireless controller and 3 games i think free

Thats are great deal!! What games do you get??

im not sure if its 3 or 4 games but u defo get the extra controller,perfect dark zero and xbox live arcade unplugged and 1 or 2 others......

berore xmas i got the 360 premium and 4 games (gears of war,splinter cell;Double agent,pro evo 6 and pgr 3) for E500 dont know if dis deal is still there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I can't see that they need to bring in a price drop yet as it's still way cheaper than the PS3 with the various bundles before youu even get a game for the PS3. It could well drop sometime before christmas but then thehy have a certain exclusive game title coming out about that time so probably wouldn't need to drop it then either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Looks like that €409 is a good deal, I'll have to take a good look into that. I'm past looking to buy a PS3 yet, I will eventually be the owner of a PS3 but not before Oct.( GTA IV, gotta have a next gen for that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

In Smyths, you get:

Xbox 360 Premium Pack [€409.99]
    Smackdown 07 [€64.99]
    Gears of War [€69.99]
    Play & Charge Kit [€29.99]
    2 X €5 vouchers to use off other games/accessories [€10]

for €399.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

If you bring any old console and I think four games into Gamestop, they'll give you the core system for €99.99!
    At least that's what I think the sign said, I was half asleep at the time.
    I'll be heading back tomorrow, so I'll re-check.

unreggd wrote:
    In Smyths, you get:

Xbox 360 Premium Pack [€409.99]
    Smackdown 07 [€64.99]
    Gears of War [€69.99]
    Play & Charge Kit [€29.99]
    2 X €5 vouchers to use off other games/accessories [€10]

for €399.99

Really, thats looks awesome, need the Pro Evo tho :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I rang a few gamestops and they all claimed to no longer do the trade-in price on the xbox 360, u know, old xbox + 4 games = premium system for 299...
    Also there has been a few pricedrops. I think play.com brought down their core console and also some major english chain released a flyer with the core system for 199...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I rang a few gamestops and they all claimed to no longer do the trade-in price on the xbox 360, u know, old xbox + 4 games = premium system for 299...
    Also there has been a few pricedrops. I think play.com brought down their core console and also some major english chain released a flyer with the core system for 199...

I was in liffey street today @ 2.00pm and they had all the displays up sayin that they took trade ins.... Old console + 4 Games and get a premium for €199 or core for €99!!

Kanney wrote:
    I will eventually be the owner of a PS3 but not before Oct.( GTA IV, gotta have a next gen for that)

GTA IV is comin out on the 360 aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I traded my ps2+4 games for the Premium (e199) on Monday in Gamestop, Dun Laoghaire. They were very helpful.

Batesy wrote:
    I traded my ps2+4 games for the Premium (e199) on Monday in Gamestop, Dun Laoghaire. They were very helpful.
    Gas! Weird! Does that mean it isnt a nationwide offer? Or are the staff in Gamestop here lying to me? Hmmm. Methinks a call to head office...

Ahhh. I just had a thought, I was trading against an old xbox whereas you were trading against a ps2.... that's probably it?

So pretty much I could buy an xbox+ 4 games for like a hundred, second hand and then trade em in and get it for 200.... Obviously a premium is the way to go yeah?

Ok i just rang again and they said that they do do this for a ps2 but not for an xbox. Anyone else getting similar story?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,707 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kanney wrote:
    So pretty much I could buy an xbox+ 4 games for like a hundred, second hand and then trade em in and get it for 200.... Obviously a premium is the way to go yeah?

Definitely go Premium. Theres so much you cant do with the core - saving demos, arcade games etc... being the major ones. Unless you dont have the money, I cant see any reason to settle for the vastly inferior core.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ok i just rang again and they said that they do do this for a ps2 but not for an xbox. Anyone else getting similar story?

Makes sense really... I can't imagine the original xbox selling much these days, whereas the ps2 is still coming up with some cracking titles (and bring on the GoW 2!)

Advertisement