Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Girl

• 27-02-2007 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

thanks for reading.

Ive finally got a chance with a beautiful girl i have been interested in for a while now. She is from Poland (thats not a problem) i was just wondering if anyone has any experience with Going out with a Polish girl. What kind of things do they like generally. are they very intimate or more reserved.? Basically a general personality description. I know that they all wont be the same. but any advise would be helpful

thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Avoid the stereotypes, everyone is unique. If anything, listen to her like she has a brain, personality, and feelings. Good listening skills are in short supply and will be appreciated.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

i agree, why create pre perceptions just because she's polish.
    treat her as you'd treat any other girl you like and romance her.

most of all respect her.:D

im sure your probably nervous as she's polish just tell her this, through communiation and spending time with her is how you'll find the answers your looking for.

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭oranje

My wife is Polish. In my experience Polish people tend to be really into family. Depending on your own situation that can make for interesting situations. They also tend to have a lot of respect for older people even when I might think that the older person does not merit respect.There is also a cult-like devotion to the last Pope so one always must respect that if you want to stay on people's good sides.

I am from the west of Ireland so nothing I encounter is so different to what I grew up with in Ireland in the 70s and 80s. At times I have been dismayed though to have had to confront situations I spent half my life trying to escape from. My family generally deals with its own problems but now I am often confronted by requests to do favours for my Polish family or friends. The other side of the coin is that I tend to enjoy more of a community feeling in Poland than when I am in Ireland.

I learned the language very early in our relationship. That helps a lot because there is nothing worse than being like a lemon waiting for a translation. So my advice is to learn Polish if you are serious about her.

I found it relatively easy to deal with my wife's conservatism but she is not the type to shove her opinions down your throat. I have heard a lot of ignorant racism and homiphobia from some Polish people. I don't get bothered by this because I have seen these opinions change once people are exposed to a more liberal environment. The Poles I know in Holland are understandably far more liberal than those I meet in Poland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭g-punkteffekt

I went out with a german girl who used to put her finger up my ass during oral sex. Germany borders Poland. Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I went out with a german girl who used to put her finger up my ass during oral sex. Germany borders Poland. Hope this helps.
    That is the most retarded but hilarious PI post I have possibly ever seen.

But I think that you have all the answers you need here. It's generally unwise to assume that because your SO comes from a certain place that they will be into certain things.
    I really think that learning the language would be great for your relationship, and great in everyday life too. We have some 150,000 Polish people in Ireland now, and that is growing every day. Seeing how a relationship lives and dies based on communication, I think that you learning her language would be touching as well as possibly relationship saving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

How did it fit with your head up there already ??

:D:D sorry I couldnt help it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

A girl from Tallaght did that to me once......Tallaght borders the M50 so the possibilities are endless

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

My ex was Polish, had a great time with her.

She loved Swimming & Sauna, especially the Sauna. Anyway, that doesn't make her different to an Irish girl.

Like yer man above said, she was very much into her family and wanted me to meet EVERYONE.......and they will give you the straight Vodka, Ms. Doyle Styley! And you have to eat Herring fish after, it's actuallly really nice though.

She enjoy acting as if we had settled down, long walks and just chilling out.

The sex was great!

As someone else said, just treat her like an Irish girl, intrests are pretty much the same, except you'll be shopping in Penny's instead of Brown Thomas! The two cultures are pretty much the same.

They don't have beaches in Poland, well, the part where my ex was from, she loved walks by rivers, etc.

And just remember to say "Testh" to all her friends, means Hi. And say to yer bird, "Cohan Chea", spelling is completly wrong, it's spelt as you say it; means, I Love You.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I have been thinking about this for a while, and this is without doubt the best thing I have read on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Some decorum would be nice. Off-topicness, however, is not wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Banned for a week.
    And the rest of ye almost got banned as well for not sticking to this forums charter and instead thought it was a good idea to feed the troll.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭nodger

nice one, centurion :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

nodger wrote:
    nice one, centurion :)

*boggle*
    Did you even read my above post?!

Next person to go off topic gets banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭sioda

Beruthiel: Stupidness really is contagious

On topic a few mates of mine are dating polish girls and they said its like dating any girl just get to know them and treat them well and some learnt the language together with them and said it was great craic hearing each other murdering their native tongue but it got better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

I heard that you have to go out with all Polish girls for 142 days before they'll sleep with you, that's a long time, much longer than all Spanish girls who do it after 32 days and Dutch girls who do it after 19.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I heard that you have to go out with all Polish girls for 142 days before they'll sleep with you, that's a long time, much longer than all Spanish girls who do it after 32 days and Dutch girls who do it after 19.
    Where in the hell did you get this hilariously misinformed paragraph of crazy?
    OP Please please ignore this retarded post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

You can't argue with facts man, you just can not argue with scientifically established facts and that's just the bottom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 summerwine

ye and I hear it takes three hours to get smurfette in the sack too smurfman!!! A web page told me that it must be fact!

Polish are very similar to the irish full stop. Take your time to get to know her, learn a bit about poland and the language and you will see they are incredible people. Respectfull, honest and genuine! Over that last 70 years poland has been through alot and it makes our history of poverty, famine and death look like a pimple on a pig's ar*e

The amount of time it takes to sleep with her should not be important.

swine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Please be vaguely constructive when posting or expect a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

There are going to be a few cultural differences, but you can learn about them from her and interest in her culture will probably be appreciated much more than cram-studying and developping a dry encyclopedic knowledge of Polish culture.

Also, it's also possible that the reason she came here is that she can't stand Polish culture and couldn't wait to emigrate because she feels more cosmopolitan than Polish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement