Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Toyota Corolla with my bora trade in

Options
  • 27-02-2007 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering what you think I should be paying to trade my 04 VW Bora with 65k on the clock ( New Timingbelt kit recently fitted, needs minor service and maybe 2 tyres, immaculate body) for a New Corolla with a list price of €22600.

I initially looked at a 05 Laguna and was offered 10950 for a trade in, I then went to Denis Mahony were I was offered 10K for the trade in.

I thought I'd get a bit more going against a new car. I was hoping to close the deal for 10K.

What do you think.

Regards

B2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Go out of Dublin to get your trade in. I recently traded a car, was only offered 5k - 6k in Dublin, but got just under 8k outside Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

The price difference is because of the different cars involved, you never really get X for your car, you get given the cost to change, this varies on the car you are going to buy. My advice is to check with other Toyota dealers if it's a Corolla you want, as that model Corolla is only new it's likely no big discount will be offered.

Advertisement