Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

quick motorcard question

Options
  • 27-02-2007 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

When using the card at the station, the guy behind the till asks about reg and something else - I can never understand what he says - maybe milage? Anyone know what these questions are and the purpose ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,785 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Milage.

They would be used by a fleet manager, to make sure you aren't paying for the wife's petrol on the company card. However, as motorcard is personal, you don't need to have reg and milage put on the reciept.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

milage.

can be used to track your milage for the year on your company/personal car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yes it's reg and mileage. No point if its a single card - but when you've a fleet of vehicles this information is necessary to ensure that the card is not being 'abused'.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You have the option of specifying the registration number of your car and the mileage to date on it so that they appear on the bill. I think it's to make it easier for people sharing a card to keep track of things. I usually just say "No thanks".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Ah right - thanks for clearing that up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

The correct response is, No Thanks!

Advertisement