Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher

Options
  • 27-02-2007 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Noel Gallagher is a brilliant song writer, his songs are just so catchy and you can relate to them. He's quality and with Liam singing the songs its just brill!

Noel Gallagher-Legend or not? 61 votes

Yes, love his music, its great, a true song writing genius!
    0% 0 votes
    No, hate his music, says nothing to me and wish it didn't exsist!
    63% 39 votes
    Don't really care either way!
    36% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Good god no. He's a one trick pony (a trick that he pilfered from the Beatles). He's written two songs - the fast rocky on and slow ballad - and for the last ten years has been pumping them out with slightly differend nonsensical lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Meh, definitely maybe.

/gets coat

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bins

brilliant song writer:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Songs are OK, not genius but...OK
    They would score higher if they weren't pretentious gits :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (just)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not pushed about the music but he's a brilliant interviewee. I'd buy a mag if he's on the cover because his interviews really make me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭dvega

Songs are ok,john lennon wannabe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

He's a twat.

Some of the music is ok, nothing special imo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Yeah, for his performance on SoccerAM last week alone
    Lovejoy wrote:
    Here's a gift for you, you'll never have expected it and I think you're going to absolutely love it... *Hands Noel a big box*
    Noel wrote:
    It's not the head of James Blunt is it?
    Thought it was hilarious

Ruu wrote:
    Meh, definitely maybe.

/gets coat
    *Applauds*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

he's so natural

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Noel Gallagher....Bah.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

He referred to Bloc Party as a band off University Challenge! He's made being stupid cool. I DESPISE him! Just thinking about him makes me angry.:mad: And his music is mediocre at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Good god no. He's a one trick pony (a trick that he pilfered from the Beatles).
    Well its better to try imitate greatness than mediocrity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭melsman

He referred to Bloc Party as a band off University Challenge! He's made being stupid cool. I DESPISE him! Just thinking about him makes me angry.:mad: And his music is mediocre at best.

well he said that because thats what they are! liam is the king of the lads and noel is the king of kings!
    how anyone can say live forever is mediocre i will never know and be here now is the most underrated album of all time along with second coming!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

gallagher is a git not a genius...and as for his brother don't get me started:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

He's a sack of poop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Jimoslimos wrote:
    Well its better to try imitate greatness than mediocrity

But then you just end up with great mediocrity :)

Meh in terms of legend status for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

One of the most overrated musicians ever, can't stand him at all tbh.
    Some of the songs are alright I suppose, Live Forever, Wonderwall, Supersonic.
    The majority of the songs sound very similar, and he's just a prat in general like his brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

biko wrote:

I hate it when great musicians/songwriters put on this air of modesty. Its so ****ing false. I prefer people to just say what they feel, if you think you are brilliant, then just say it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

biko wrote:

Genius, when does someone jump into that category? What a load of bollocks.

On Noel Gallagher, writes good catchy pop/rock songs and has a lot of other **** like orchestra arrangements and little guitar parts in the songs that many other bands neglect.

If you want to laugh - and if you have a sense of humour - click in Noel Gallagher interview into YouTube....Oasis are great at insulting all the bullsh!ters in music.

I think a lot of people don't like Oasis because of their attitude but that shouldn't really get in the way of their music. Their first two albums were great in my opinion.

Oasis don't really sound like The Beatles to be honest. I think the guitars sound more like the Sex Pistols on the early albums.

Who the fcuk is a genius in music? It's such a sh!t question.

• Advertisement
Advertisement