Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding outfit.

Options
  • 27-02-2007 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I have a wedding to go to in April and of course i need something nice to wear...now i was looking at a nice dress in Oasis, but i am terrified that someone will have the same dress...i'd love to get something different, thats not in any of those typical high street clothes shops.
    Any body know any little boutiques in the city or surrounding areas where i could get something. i'm 26 by the way.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Femmy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Hey, we share a birthday.......weird.

Did you consider jumping a flight to London? You'd surely find something ahead of the curve there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

there are them clothes shops on oliver plunkett st. older ladies and dresses but i reckon if you root about you might find summat, teh one's up by maher's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Try upstairs in Brown Thomas..

or Sheenas on Oliver Plunkett St/Midleton..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

oh yeah, i forgot about sheenas...
    London NOT an option i'm afraid...i have 4 weddings (hopefully no funeral) plus a few evenings too this year... and then i have New York at the end of the year, so i'm on a tight budget as hours at work are fairly slack at the moment too..
    thanks for replies...

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

What's that place called across from Zaks? For some reason I have Hevana's in my head... Anyways, it's down Princes Street I think- the side street by Porters. A bit off the wall kinda stuff, but you might get something nice in there.

Monica John's have some nice stuff but they're verrry up their own arses. Actually, any kind of boutique I find are snobs...

There's a lovely boutique inside that shopping mall where Q-Park is. If you go in from Oliver Plunkett Street side, go past the USIT office, it's on the right. And surprisingly enough, the girls in there are nice too.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hells_Belle

I third Sheena's or that shop two doors down - Joan and Wotsit. They do a lot of Mother of the Bride type stuff bit there are some lucious dresses in there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 loveinciberia

What about Coast upstairs in BT's. They usually have lovely stuff!

What about Coast upstairs in BT's. They usually have lovely stuff!

Thats true..but nearly everyone buys in coast these days!!! i want something that i'm almost sure no one else would be wearing...

Thanks for the replies lads...keep them coming!!!

Ok guys, Ebay is your friend.
    This came in the post this morning...It only cost me around €50 incl. postage from singapore...
    i think it should do...

My Dress.JPG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

that's quite purdy. next you'll have to wander round town finding shoes and a handbag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I have waayyyyy too much time on my hands....

I have waayyyyy too much time on my hands....

Hmmm.....just want to look my best!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

go into Graftan Mall on oliver plunket st,its across from the brog.
    there is a boutique in there,ask for Mary she will sort you out.they have collections from paris,new york,london.also there is another show i think it is called havana next to john graces i think, they have interesting stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Femmy wrote:
    Thats true..but nearly everyone buys in coast these days!!! i want something that i'm almost sure no one else would be wearing...

Thanks for the replies lads...keep them coming!!!

Glitz and Glitzy off oliver plunkett st isn't too bad. Also theres a little shop in Paul St centre, go my college grad dress there, purple.navy velvet and strappy. A one off. That dress is gorg btw.

Advertisement