Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glossy Hair

• 27-02-2007 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

No matter what I try on my hair I can never get it to look really shiny. It looks clean, just not glossy. I deep condition it every once in a while too but it makes no impact. Any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

You could use some sort of hair serum like frizz-ease or one of them. Also if you straighten your hair alot it will get damaged and won't be as glossy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

There could be lots of reasons for this. Usually a healthy diet with lots of fresh fruit and veg and drinking lots of water results in healthy clear skin and glossy healthy hair. Do you smoke? Smoking has a detrimental affect on skin and hair as does excessive consumption of alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭SystemError

Ditto what kizzyr said.

Or any salon will have deep conditioning treatments, but I'm not sure how good they are. You could also try a DIY hair mask with natural ingredients. Anything with oil will make your hair shiny & glossy...

Before bed, massage in a little olive oil into your hair (a couple of teaspoons or so, depending on the length of your hair). Wrap the hair in clingfilm and a towel and leave in for the night. In the morning, wash your hair as you would do normally, and rinse with freezing cold water

Honey & Olive Oil Hair Mask
    Ingredients: Honey, Olive Oil
    Method: Mix up half a cup of honey with 3 tablespoons of the oil. Take your hair a section at a time and work the mixture through until you’ve treated your whole head. A-fix a shower cap, take yourself off for half an hour and then wash as normal and rinse with freezing cold water.

Egg & Olive Oil Hair Mask
    Ingredients: Eggs, Olive Oil, Clingfilm
    Method: Mix up 2 eggs (yolk and white) with four tablespoons of olive oil until you have a nice thick consistency. Smooth the mixture through your hair, whip out the clingfilm and wrap yourself up. Leave the clingfilm on for about 10-15 minutes and then wash as norm and rinse with freezing cold water.

Dying your hair could also make it shinier, but will damage your hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

a semi permanent hair dye will work wonders

Advertisement