Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor flower pots...

Options
  • 27-02-2007 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

could anyone tell me where to get indoor flowerpots? I mean reasonably priced, simple plasticky ones, that are NOT brown, and DON't have holes in the bottom? Something like the attached picture (available in Germany, for something like 60 cents per pot).

I've been everywhere (Woodies, Atlantic Homecare, Tescos, Dunnes, all German discount markets, the Euro shops, Debenhams, you name it, I've been there), and I can't find anything...Just outdoor pots, but they're a) too big, and b) not very nice.

What do you people use to put your indoor pot plants in?

(and please don't refer me to the local pottery - not prepared to pay 6 gazillion Euros for a hand-crafted "arty" pot that might break when knocked over by the cats, thank you very much...)

Any ideas? Or do I actually have to get my mom to send flower pots over from the continent?

Cheers
    galah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,588 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The things you are looking for are called cache-pots but that doesn't really matter as most people in the shops wouldn't know :D. They sell them in pretty well all the places you have looked, you are looking in the wrong place - they are not usually with the flower pots. Look near the indoor plants in Homebase (thats where they are in my local one) or near things like vases and household stuff. You wont get them as cheap as 60c but smallish ones can be got for a couple of euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

galah wrote:
    What do you people use to put your indoor pot plants in?
    Errm, a brown plastic plant pot with a brown plastic tray underneath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭pjq

Get Mother to send , and stuff them with good chocolate to make up the 2kg parcel, or use them as protection for a chocolate easter hare. We are especially ripped off for the small one off items in Ireland .
    pjq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

try tescos or a car boot sale

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

SK Ceramic Pots distributed by Groundforce in Ireland... give them a shout to find your nearest stockist.. (garden centre?)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Personally I use the usual brown pots and pop them into ceramic pots which you can buy in discount stores in sets of four (different sizes). I paid thirteen euro for a set recently, but I only use these in sitting room or kitchen. I also use baskets to pop plants into.

otherwise I just leave plants in the brown or black pots on a windowsill...

Come to think of it some colourful pots would be nice:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

thanks for all your answers!

It's not for lack of looking, believe me, I've thoroughly searched ALL those places, and really couldn't find those feckin' pots...

Will get my mum to send some now (good excuse for a care-parcel filled with other goodies as well - cause you have to use up your 2kg allowance ;-))

Advertisement