Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rig

Options
  • 27-02-2007 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Just built it last night what you think?
    InDark.jpg

Specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz 4MB / Scythe Infinity / Arctic Silver 5
    MSI 975X Platinum PowerUp Ed
    POV GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
    OCZ Titanium Alpha DDR2 PC8000 2048MB Kit
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA2 320GB
    Seasonic M12 700W Modular PSU
    Scythe Kama Meter
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Lian Li PC60B Plus Case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Nice! Im not so sure about vista now but sure its probably grand!

I will have mine within the next month depending on if I get this job in aol I just had an interview for lol :D

If I get it will have a nice pc... :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I take it there's a pane of glass/plastic in the cut-out area on the side? How many fans are in there? Did you add any CRTs inside as well? When it's that bright, you won't need any more lighting in the room.

700 W PSU? I'd like to know how much juice it's actually drawing in its current state.

You can gather people around the tower on winter nights and have marshmellows as if it were a camp fire ... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Looks very nice indeed...did you do the window cutout yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Pc looks great , who are POV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

TonyM. wrote:

http://www.pointofview-online.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Baba O' Reilly

DeafVision wrote:
    Nice! Im not so sure about vista now but sure its probably grand!

I will have mine within the next month depending on if I get this job in aol I just had an interview for lol :D

If I get it will have a nice pc... :D

Good luck getting the job :D
    ethernet wrote:
    I take it there's a pane of glass/plastic in the cut-out area on the side? How many fans are in there? Did you add any CRTs inside as well? When it's that bright, you won't need any more lighting in the room.

700 W PSU? I'd like to know how much juice it's actually drawing in its current state.

You can gather people around the tower on winter nights and have marshmellows as if it were a camp fire ... :rolleyes:

Theres clear acrylic behind the cutout
    4 x 120mm fans 2 x 80mm fans
    2 red crts
    It is quiet bright alright :p and I'm on to my second bag of marshmellows as I speak ;)
    hopeful wrote:
    Looks very nice indeed...did you do the window cutout yourself?

Nope you can buy em here:
    www.crazypc.com
    TonyM. wrote:

What HavoK said :D

What is vista like anyways? Im tempted to get it but I don't want to be thrown updates every single day!

DeafVision wrote:
    What is vista like anyways? Im tempted to get it but I don't want to be thrown updates every single day!

Well deaf I haven't had much chance to use it. Comp was acting a little funny since I set it up, turns out I had a faulty stick of ram and how I have to RMA :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

ive been using vista business at work and yeah its grand updater thingy is well slick , runs areo and stuff grand on integrated intel graphics , haven't had much chance to check it in the area of gaming but if it runs games and lans okay id recommend it

Well I've installed battlefield 2 and medieval 2 in the last while both installed and ran without a hitch. Battlefield 2 was a bit sluggish though could be just the fact that I only of one gig of ram. I have started to noitce a strange glitch on vista with the taskbar going white and sometimes internet explorer goes a bit white guess its a little driver problem between vista and nvidia nothing too major. I try some more games tomorrow, still waiting on supreme commander might come tomorrow :rolleyes: it looks pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Nice machine.

How are the 6 fans working out? Is it noisy at all? What kind of arrangement are they in?

N.B.> I am currently going thru some kind of obsessive phase regarding cooling, and more importantly, quiet fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I think you would need a second gig of ram if you plan on playing your games with details turned up to the max and playing at high res.

I used to have 2 gigs of ram in my machine but only 1 at the moment now. And there is a big differince in proformance.

I was thinking about getting vista buy I would probably need 3 maybe 4 gigs of ram so I dunno yet is it worth the extra bit of cash?

Also I read reviews on battlefield 2... between vista and xp theres a drop of like 40 - 50 fps :eek: between xp

Well I've got a red 80mm exhaust, red 120mm blowhole (hehe blowhole :p:p), red 120mm intake(its under two blue lights in the pic above can't really see the red cuz the fan's very far in), red 80mm side intake and the 120mm fan on the cpu block. It be very loud only for the fan controller cuz 2 seconds before the controller kicks in when I turn the comp on it sounds like a tractor! but then drops to a little hum.
    The Scythe Infinity and its fan do a good job keeps temps around 19c on both cores when idle and about 29c on load
    Ambient case temp stays around 24c

yeah I've deff seen a big performance drop on bf2( I did have everything maxed out though) I hope its just the fact that I'm using one gig.(On Monday I have to send both gigs back so no comp for a while :(:(:(:(:(:( )
    40 - 50fps :eek: thats a massive difference. Hope I don't have to get three or four gigs just to have acceptable frame rates :mad: I'd sooner go back to xp

Its definitely your ram you need like 3 or even 4 gigs to run all games very smooth...!

I had vista on 1 gig and had problems with counter-strike im on xp again tho :D

Advertisement