Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how can one day be so screwed up

• 27-02-2007 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Well I have had my eye on a friend for best part of a year but never said any thing.
    After taking some advice from a 3rd party I decided I would give it a go and see how she really feels. Since I did get the feeling she was interested. Well I got shot down and basically told never more than friends. (if that’s possible now)

right so im just sitting at work searching for flights as I fiq I may as well go travel for a few months since there is no reason for me to hang around. I mean if we have to be just friends we can be just friends who email every now and then.

But just after lunch the phone rang and I got offered a new job. So I have no idea what to do.

better paid job would be cool
    traveling would be fun
    and what I want I cant get

This has to be one of the worst days of my Adult life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Go travel. But not just to escape some girl, the experience is amazing and a once in a lifetime opportunity. if you do some volunteer work abroad it'll look great on a CV and might even open some doors for you to work in a new field that interests you. Who knows, maybe you'll get a job you love abroad. There'll always be good job offers. But it's still dull drudgery. Live a little!

PS. Girls like that are not worth your time. Subtle as a sledgehammer. Pr*cktease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Sorry but if that's one of the worst days of your adult life then you must have lived a charmed existence so far.

You got turned down by a girl but you got offered a new job. People get turned down by perspective partners all the time.

So now your choice is, get paid more money or have a great time travelling.

Woe is you indeed!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

One of the worst days of your adult life?
    What in the hell is wrong with you?

You decided, first off, ah **** it, I might as well travel for A FEW MONTHS because a girl I like doesnt like me. And then someone called offering you a new job and more money? Your day reads like a really crap season ender to a dawson's creek that never happened. But its not a crap day. I would have loved a day like that today. But you dont see me making a PI thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

random oke wrote:
    better paid job would be cool
    traveling would be fun
    and what I want I cant get
    Seems like you answered your own question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeah, I am sure you're upset about being turned away, but worst day in your adult life? Hardly.

Cheer up, you put yourself out there, and now have the choice between a new job and more money or a couple of months worth of holidaying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Mikros

Sorry it didn't work out for you man. I think a lot of people face that situation at one stage. You can learn loads from these sorts of events.

Look at it like this, at least you know now for sure with her. One short sharp shock is way better than months of driving yourself mad thinking "will i say it to her or not". You can now move on with a clean head. You wont have regrets in the future over potentially saying nothing.

With the option of a new job or of travelling your in a perfect position to meet new people. Only you can choose what one is better for you, but either way you can move on knowing where things stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

man - wait till you get some real problems.

if you think that's a problem....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

random oke wrote:

Suggest that this is one of the first days of your adult life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Wow, the trauma must be immense man. Hmmm what to do, go travelling the world or take a job with better pay. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

That isn't a bad day at all.
    Getting shot down, yes.
    New job and possibly more money, great.

I would take the new job. See how it goes. If after a while you hate it, then travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Lil Kitten wrote:
    PS. Girls like that are not worth your time. Subtle as a sledgehammer. Pr*cktease

where do you get that from, how is she a pr*cktease?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yeah, sure being a pricktease would imply leading him along. But being as subtle as brick and telling him outright that he has no chance is hardly leading him on.. Strange..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

random oke wrote:

Seems like a pretty cool day to me.

A) You know where you stand with your mate as opposed to being driven demented with wondering
    B) You get offered a job
    C) You are considering travelling

Flick a coin- heads, new job, tails, go travelling. Both have their advantages.

Stop looking for problems and see the advantages in your "strife".

K-

Advertisement