Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB in Limerick

Options
  • 27-02-2007 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Hi peeps,

just wondering what experience people have had with IBB in the Limerick City/Castletroy area? I'm looking at the 3mb breeze option and wondering what speeds people generally get (up/down).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Breeze should be workable, avoid Ripwave. Also checkout magent and Digiweb for that area. Or run a long cable into the College :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

you have so much better choices in castletroy like watty said
    magnet for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

You'd need to be in line of sight of the Clarion for IBB I think. That may be a challange for the lower-down parts of Castletroy. I know a few people with Digiweb Metro in College Court (seem to be pointing at Woodcock Hill or that other one right of it) and it seems pretty decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

You'd need to be in line of sight of the Clarion for IBB I think.

That certainly used to be the case for Ripwave, but when I had it my crap signal got even worse (I regularly reverted to the old dial-up in order to send important emails due to dropouts and failures every 5 mins at one stage) and a friend of mine who's living almost directly underneath the Clarion has a crap signal as well.

While I've gladly gotten shot of Ripwave, she still has it, so I checked the IBB website and (according to that) the mast is out near Ballysimon :confused:

Anyways, while reports on Breeze elsewhere have been much better, don't go near Ripwave unless you want worse-than-dialup speeds and continuous dropouts.

Also, check if Smart is in your area; for almost the same price as Breeze you'll get a much better speed and service than anything else on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

IBB use Roxborough, Woodcock Hill and the rather less useful but higher Keeper Hill for a range of different services. They may have moved the Ripwave to Roxborough or added it as well as Clarion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

thanks for the info! I forgot about smart :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

AFAIK Magnet is available in Castletroy as well.

Advertisement