Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marketing ideas for a law firm

• 27-02-2007 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys,

Myself and a friend of mine have recently set up a new law firm in Limerick. We have a website set up and have advertised a few times in the local Limerick papers. We also advertised in the Golden Pages and on myHome.ie.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to how else we should be marketing our firm? It's a general legal practice but a large proportion of our work is in conveyancing.

Thanks in advance,

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

What's your website? Who are your target market? Try a Google addwords campaign. word of mouth is most important so dish out the business cards. try to get PR in local newspapers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

- How about offering some free 1 hour presentations with q&a session after. Give it a snappy title that will attract interest. Offer an incentive for people to attend - some sort of prize. You'll get free coverage in the papers for that + anyone that attends you will get their contact details and get permission for them to be added to your mailing list.

- Set yourself apart from the crowd. Offer a 24 hour service. You'll get few enough calls on your 24 hour hotline but you could become know as "The 24 hour legal team in Limerick"

- Volunteering - give some of your time to charities and other community groups. great way to get involved in community + if it's known within the community group that you are Mr. Legal Guy and very helpful, why it stands to reason that any time a member of the community group or their family needs a legal person, you are the person they are going to call

- Cross referrals with other professional service people. This is down to networking more than anything else.

Just a few ideas to get the ball rolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Pro Bono wrote:
    Hi guys,

Myself and a friend of mine have recently set up a new law firm in Limerick. We have a website set up and have advertised a few times in the local Limerick papers. We also advertised in the Golden Pages and on myHome.ie.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to how else we should be marketing our firm? It's a general legal practice but a large proportion of our work is in conveyancing.

Thanks in advance,

John.

Sponsor a local Great British Proms Night and invite "The Claw" to MC gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pro Bono

Thanks for the replies people, some good ideas there, apologies for the delay in responding. We've moved to a new premises recently and we're having our formal opening night this Friday so things have been hectic.
    What's your website? Who are your target market? Try a Google addwords campaign. word of mouth is most important so dish out the business cards. try to get PR in local newspapers.

Our target market at the moment is conveyancing but ideally we would like to get in to company and business law. That will take a while though, you need a very good reputation before people will be willing to send large transactions your way.

Google adwords is something I'm considering. I'm in touch with a guy from Galway Web Services at the moment and he is doing some search engine optimisation stuff for me, along with re-jigging the website so hopefully that will be live soon. How effective have you found adwords to be in the past?
    - How about offering some free 1 hour presentations with q&a session after. Give it a snappy title that will attract interest. Offer an incentive for people to attend - some sort of prize. You'll get free coverage in the papers for that + anyone that attends you will get their contact details and get permission for them to be added to your mailing list.

Good idea. Once we are fully settled in to the new place that could be a runner. Any suggestions as to what kind of presentations might be of interest to the general public? Or should we target specific groups of individuals?
    - Set yourself apart from the crowd. Offer a 24 hour service. You'll get few enough calls on your 24 hour hotline but you could become know as "The 24 hour legal team in Limerick"

We do already offer an "out of hours" service with weekday appointments up until 9 or 10pm and also weekend appointments. I don't know of any other firm in Limerick who offer such a service.
    - Volunteering - give some of your time to charities and other community groups. great way to get involved in community + if it's known within the community group that you are Mr. Legal Guy and very helpful, why it stands to reason that any time a member of the community group or their family needs a legal person, you are the person they are going to call

Another good idea. We will need to look in to this; it's really a matter of finding the time right now though.
    - Cross referrals with other professional service people. This is down to networking more than anything else.

This is something of huge importance. We're liaising with bank officials, auctioneers, accountants etc daily. It's hard trying to keep them all sweet though! We've invited quite a few of these people along with many local business owners to our formal opening, it should be interesting to see the turnout.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I'd say the important thing is to build your database of bank guys, auctioneers, etc. and contact each one at least every three months. Don't expect them to become your best friend overnight, but if you keep coming back to them, the message will eventually get through.

The other thing ... do something different. Hard in conveyancing, I know. I think that if you presented the final documents in a nice hard-wearing folder or something like that, it might make an impact.

Really, at this stage of the game, company law services is completely different from conveyancing. One won't really help the other.

If you really want to be in the company law game, I think you need a separate game plan for it. You need to know a different bunch of people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement