Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things I hate about Kilkenny.....

• 27-02-2007 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭

Overall I have to say I love living in KK and being from here but I have to say there are so many things that infuriate me about the place too.
    Here's my list, feel free to add your own;

1. Awful Road infrastructure; The single worst thing for me has to be the worst roads in the country accessing KK city. The N9 to Waterford and N77 top Durrow have to class as the two worst National roads in the country at present.

2. Weak Political Clout; Related to the above is our total lack of clout in the Dail where the big and decisions about investment are made. The delivery of our govt TDs, particularly in the past 10 years of the boom has seen KK fall eeven further down the pecking order, and right off the govt radar screen.Please god let there be a shake up next time and give us a ministry of some kind.
    It's been a generation since we had a minister here; I wasn't even born the last time we had one in 1979....

3. Inadequate public transport; Why does it take the train the guts of 2 hours to get to Dublin? And absolutely zilch around KK city itself.....which brings me onto no. 4;

4. Our 'city' status; Why did the govt have to kick us in the teeth once again in 2001 with the Local Govt Act that basically relugates us to being a town like Sligo et al.. It wouldn't have taken much to let us use the word City like the Charter from 800 years ago gave us.

5. The Swimming pool; what a dive..Thankfully we have work started on the new one in Loughboy.Ten years too late though unfortunately.

6. The Ring road debacle; We've been waiting 20 years for the extension and still not fin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

7. The lack of a third level institution in kilkenny. I think this will just stunt the growth of the city, as prospective companies will not wish to set up in an area where there is a shortage of skilled labour.

8. The lack of industry. Partly because of the infrastructure (or lack of), lack of a third level institution, and no political clout in the Dail.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

9. Kilkenny Citys ability to ignore everything and anything that happens outside the city and to only invest money in the city instead of around the county as a whole (you can tell I was born in the county :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭finlma

10. The lack of a sea. I'm from KK but no longer live there due to my yearning for salt water. Not much can be done about it but definitely a reason that I will never ever move home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

finlma wrote:
    10. The lack of a sea. I'm from KK but no longer live there due to my yearning for salt water. Not much can be done about it but definitely a reason that I will never ever move home.
    I entirely agree...I will live by the sea, once I can afford it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

finlma wrote:

How about flooding part of Waterford and give us access to the sea:D :D:D !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

finlma wrote:

you need to support the dig a trench around waterford campaign, once completed Kilkenny WILL have lovely beeches as Waterford will no longer exist :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Cabaal wrote:
    you need to support the dig a trench around waterford campaign, once completed Kilkenny WILL have lovely beeches as Waterford will no longer exist :)
    Roffle! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Am I allowed to name the riff raff and scumbags I spent my teenage years avoiding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Cabaal wrote:
    where would all of you work then?

Advertisement