Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flipping pedestrian crossing lights at Avondale!

• 27-02-2007 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

They keep turning red for no reason. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

The ones at the top of Cherrymount just before the dog track keep changing too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

One on the cork road outside WIT seems to go into fits every so often, great fun watching everyone stop :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I always stop just in case a Garda car lurks. I'm going to have to e-mail the roads dept and tell 'em.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Add Brownes Road/Lismore park lights to that list. Annoying to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Drove through Waterford last week for the first time in ages - couldn't get over how much further along the road that the place has gone towards challenging Las Vegas for the title of most lights in a small space. It seems that you can't get beyond 3rd gear at best without meeting lights which are invariably green in the opposite direction, despite the absence of any traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

It's usually gowlers that jam matches or gum in the buttons so they go red as often as their programmed cycle allows. Well, that's my guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,665 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I know the button changes the lights at pedestrian crossings, but does it make any difference to press the pedestrian button at junction lights? I thought it was just a psychological thing and the cycle continued regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes it does.

If the button is not pressed the lights do not change unless traffic approaches on the minor road. If the button is held in it will change every cycle. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Still doing it, that light knows I'm coming and so I've adopted a new policy - ignore the red unless I see someone nearby. If the cops catch me I'll go to court and shame the council.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I finished work at 12 and the lights were red at 10 past when I was pulling in to Cherrymount, I then left to get petrol 2 mins later and came back to see the lights still red or so they seemed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Id always have the mind to keep going if there are no pedestrains at the crossing. Probably wrong tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

@Cabaal: Are you talking about the lights at the junction below WIT near Waterford Crystal? Those just piss me off no end, as you approach them heading for WIT, their are 6 lights on the left hand side, and nearly always one stays green, then the yellow on the second set comes on, so you slow down to stop, and just as you are coming to the feckin line, they go green again.. And then you have the ones just a little further down, opposite WC, where you turn right to go out to the ring road below BallyBeg, the right-turn filter light is just bearly on long enough for two cars to make the turn, so unless you are right up the arse of the car in front, you havent a hope of getting into the junction before it goes green for the oncoming traffic grrr.

My hate are those fecking lights coming out of Lombard street onto the N25 by the tower, they are red for ages, and dont stay green long enough, though they have improved a bit with the timing of them.

Advertisement