Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F.A. Cup 5th Round Replays

• 27-02-2007 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Tuesday 27th:

West Brom v Middlesbro - Away

Reading v Man Utd - Away

Wednesday 28th:

Blackburn v Arsenal - Home

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm sure I speak for the majority of readers when I say

C'mon teh Royhalz!:D

erm.......:(

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

The Man U/Reading is on BBC1... It may not be in your tv listings.

0-2 Man U.

Heh heh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

lol wtf 5 minutes and its 3-0 :?

kdjac

0-3 Man U

This is feckin weird

Great finish though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

lol, good lesson how not to defend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That's mental!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Everyone throw your money on it to finish 3-0. It usually happens after something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

bah, in work with nothin to do except be pissed off im missin all this! :(

any streams in the aul intarwebulator?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Everyone throw your money on it to finish 3-0. It usually happens after something like that

It's already 3-0 after 6 minutes.

Heinze - 2 mins
    Saha - 4 mins
    Solskjaer - 6 mins

Reading are playing a 3-5-2 and it's backfired .....badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Worst advice ever. This is so obviously a 5-1 game. You should be ashamed of yourself, dispensing shoddy gambling advice like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pighead wrote:
    Worst advice ever. This is so obviously a 5-1 game. You should be ashamed of yourself, dispensing shoddy gambling advice like that.

2014: Reading boss Steve Coppell is on the phone high in the stands. Booking an early cab? Or maybe he is phoning a bookie. You can get 210-1 on the Royals to win.

Maybe Charlie has him sussed :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/6401521.stm

Some more classics from Charlie there.

kdjac

Pighead wrote:
    You might be right ;)

Shame on you Bigmac! Shame on you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

im sick!! had to bring the dog for a walk at kick off said ffs im gonna miss a goal, take him around quickly and low and behold theres fecking three!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

KdjaCL wrote:
    2014: Reading boss Steve Coppell is on the phone high in the stands. Booking an early cab? Or maybe he is phoning a bookie. You can get 210-1 on the Royals to win.

Maybe Charlie has him sussed :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/6401521.stm

Some more classics from Charlie there.

kdjac

Aye, that guy is a bit of a legend, reading him while working during the World Cup was almost as entertaining as some of the games

LOL @ the crowd slagging off Hansen.

1-3 they're still in it!

In truth the Man Utd back line looks less than sure footed, I see Reading scoring at least once more but then Utd will too.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Reading have came back into it well since their horror start.United are looking dodgy at the back so might be in for a cracking 2nd half....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The Reading keeper, Federici had a story in the paper today tellign his story and howahrd he had to make it. Bet he wishes now there wasnt so much attention drawn to him.

TBH I'd give him at least part blame in all 3 goals. The first was a poor attempt , his only savign grace was he saw it late, still shouldnt have conceded.

For the 2nd I thought he was too close to the near post, should have been more central to close Saha's angle.

The 3rd he should have got right out on Solskjear instead of standing in his goal and giving him as much oppertunity to score as possible.

Again though, for goals 2 and 3 the defence should be ashamed fo themslevs, shocking stuff altogether, It really smacked of players looking at the runners and deciding that its someone elses problem.

Poor defending for the reading goal too, leaving the man free on the back post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Has Bikey two yellows???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Brian017 wrote:
    Has Bikey two yellows???
    That's what I thought! They did say in commentary that he had one, I remember, but to be honest I don't remember him getting the first.

That's what I thought! They did say in commentary that he had one, I remember, but to be honest I don't remember him getting the first.
    I think he got one for that foul on the edge of the box on Saha in the 1st half iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

reading back in it.3-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Come on Reading they deserve it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Cracking match - Oster is playing brilliantly. Now C'mon Reading!!

Brian017 wrote:
    I think he got one for that foul on the edge of the box on Saha in the 1st half iirc.
    I just checked the Sky Sports minute-by-minute thing, it was De La Cruz who got booked for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Gunnarsson off the bar - so close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

utd were lucky as fcuk and god dam awful at times but there in the next round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Great effort that was.

• Advertisement

I just checked the Sky Sports minute-by-minute thing, it was De La Cruz who got booked for that.
    Ah makes sense now, cheers :) The BBC match_tracker said it was bikey

Absolutely haunted. Have to wonder how things would have panned out if Reading hadn't committed defensive suicide in the first 10 minutes.
    But, a tricky fixture, and United have come through it, poor or not in the second half. Hopefully with all the big boys back in things will be different on saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Great result for Utd.

No evra, neville, vidic, scholes, ronaldo, rooney or larsson starting. 7 first team players.

With fletcher and o'shea both starting in midfield i must admit i had my doubts.

Those two were indeed absolutely brutal for the majority of the match, but reading got caught up in the hype and atmosphere and went into the opening few minutes complacent.

at 3-1, i wanted ronaldo to come on. The game was set up for him. Reading HAD to attack, so why not throw ronaldo on to hit them on the counter :confused:

Copple must be ruing the 3-5-2 formation he began with not to mention not putting out his best 11. I heard him say something to the effect that every league game is a mini cup final for Reading this season so with away game to Arsenal I guess he'll have to live with an opportunity spurned tonight.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

nah i think Copple will be glad that his boys at least went out fighting. He wants to focus on the Prem finish anyway, afraid the Cup would just distract them.

WBA 1 - 1 Boro FT

Boro beats Brom on penos

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

smemon wrote:
    at 3-1, i wanted ronaldo to come on. The game was set up for him. Reading HAD to attack, so why not throw ronaldo on to hit them on the counter :confused:

Fair enough but we need him for Liverpool and should never of being risked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

smemon wrote:

Fair enough but we need him for Liverpool and should never have being risked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

RasTa wrote:
    Fair enough but we need him for Liverpool and should never have being risked.

it was obvious Utd would slack off... Reading had numerous chances early in the second half and at that stage Fergie should have been looking to kill them off rather than risk letting them back in the game.

Rooney was the wrong man to take on. Ronaldo is one of the best counter attacking players in the world. All the defence has to do is feed it to him and let him go off down the pitch.

With Saha still on (ronaldo should have been on for richardson), Utd would have had the perfect partnership to nick another - ronaldo and saha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That was an absolute p*ss take...... We were 3 nil up after 10 minutes and we ended up having to play down the clock for the last 10. Shocking display of football.

It was actually a terrible match too, I don't know how many times both teams gave away the ball! Shocking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

gutted......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Just watched the highlights on Sky. Kiely was really terrible for the penos. I think he banked on a few of them being blasted down the centre as he didn't move until late for most of them. Even I know what side Arca was going to hit his.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

smemon wrote:
    Great result for Utd.

No evra, neville, vidic, scholes, ronaldo, rooney or larsson starting. 7 first team players.

yeah,great result. You forgot Giggs and Carrick also who are first team players. Though you have to say we were playing Reading who also had 5 first team players absent.

Reading in the end probably deserved a draw. They took the game to United and had the better chances. The one thing that bugged me about Uniteds performance (apart from taking there foot off the gas and standing off them) was the amount of failed opportunities they had to square it to a team-mate who was in a 1 on 1 situation. I counted NINE situations were the wrong pass or glory hunting was performed when another player was true. Richardson was guilty of this three times. The rest was Rooney, Saha twice, Fletcher, Park and Solskjaer.

A very poor performance from United and a bad football match (good tv though!). These last 3 results reminds me of Chelseas little "get out of jail" run they had against Arsenal, Everton, Wigan and Newcastle. When they really were second best or easily could have lost all those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Trilla wrote:
    The one thing that bugged me about Uniteds performance (apart from taking there foot off the gas and standing off them) was the amount of failed opportunities they had to square it to a team-mate who was in a 1 on 1 situation. I counted NINE situations were the wrong pass or glory hunting was performed when another player was true. Richardson was guilty of this three times. The rest was Rooney, Saha twice, Fletcher, Park and Solskjaer.

I was going mad at the same thing. Players going for personal glory instead of taking the correct option. IMO Richardson and Saha were most guilty. Richardson thinks hes a good player just because of the shirt he wears but really hes out of his depth and will never make it as a regular. Saha tried his trademark stepover and dragback thingy so many times and lost it so many times it was infuriating and then he chose the wrong option in and around the box on a number of occasions. I cant believe Fergie isnt throwing money at Larsson and Helsingborg.

In the end a win is a win and through to the quarter finals. Only 2 of the starting 11 will start at Anfield so Im not bothered about the performance. If a second string can score 3 goals away from home then youre doing ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Saha imo can be forgiven for not cutting back, since every time he did do it, the other player ****ed up.
    Quite a shocking performance from United after the 6th minute, but it would have been a totally different game.
    Rio does what he always does, shuts off when United are ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

John O Shea and VDS were excellent last night btw. Yep, Rio doin his routine thing...asleep when we're in control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

wouldnt mind saha not passing, you need a striker to be greedy. Scoring goals breeds confidence in him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Beautiful header by Lita, very difficult chance to convert. I also very much enjoyed Glen Littles good old fashioned wing-play: beat left back, cross, repeat. United reaffirmed what a shocking lack of depth they have in midfield, but as long as Scholes stays fit they'll be fine. The amount of breaks on the counter-attack they screwed up was extraordinary given that that used to be something of a forte, the one I specifically always think of is the 4-2 win over Blackburn a decade ago when Kanchelskis scored.

Maybe the screw up of breaks on attack was to do with the 4 attackers currently being the 2nd string attackers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Well obviously.You'd still think they could pass the ball when three on three, Readings reserves seemed to manage to string a few moves together.

Did they, considering that they scored two goals, one from a set piece, one from a cross, you'd have to question whether they did that any better than United

• Advertisement
Advertisement