Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F.A. Cup 5th Round Replays

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Would you have to question that would you. Alright there Hansen. Reading were better than United in the second half, Richardson, Fletcher and Park revel in their mediocrity. O'Shea actually seemed to put in a competent performance however, bizarrely. His clean sheet must have done his confidence a world of good, good man Josh, you'll be back to nutmegging Figo in no time.

Will Smithy be getting much of a run out after Larsson leaves? I assume he would have been subbed on last night rather than Ronaldo but for the conceding. Does anyone see him getting any Champions League games or is he only to be used in case of injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Reading were better than United in the second half, Richardson, Fletcher and Park revel in their mediocrity. O'Shea actually seemed to put in a competent performance however, bizarrely. His clean sheet must have done his confidence a world of good, good man Josh, you'll be back to nutmegging Figo in no time.

Will Smithy be getting much of a run out after Larsson leaves? I assume he would have been subbed on last night rather than Ronaldo but for the conceding. Does anyone see him getting any Champions League games or is he only to be used in case of injury?

I'd agree with pretty much all that, doesn't really address what I said though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

also, very poor coverage by the BBC...

no decent camera angle for the 3rd goal which looked offside... they only had a corner flag view which doesn't show everything...

they think by drawing a line across the screen that's good enough :rolleyes:

They failed to show angled replays of that goal for about 20 mins after it.

Also, they never gave Saha credit for the second goal. It was a stunning take imo.. they blamed the keeper - the feckin keeper didn't have time to react. Saha took it on the half volley from an acute angle. The defenders didn't close him down as they were happy to push him out wide as they thought it was safe.

Andy Gray would have been raving about that goal. Also, Sky would have had an inline view of that dodgy 3rd goal and cleared it up there and then on the the spot.

They also were showing replays when play was going on at one stage and cut to Sir Alex way too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

smemon wrote:

no decent camera angle for the 3rd goal which looked offside... they only had a corner flag view which doesn't show everything...

They failed to show angled replays of that goal for about 20 mins after it.

Also, they never gave Saha credit for the second goal. It was a stunning take imo.. they blamed the keeper - the feckin keeper didn't have time to react. Saha took it on the half volley from an acute angle. The defenders didn't close him down as they were happy to push him out wide as they thought it was safe.

Andy Gray would have been raving about that goal. Also, Sky would have had an inline view of that dodgy 3rd goal and cleared it up there and then on the the spot.

They also were showing replays when play was going on at one stage and cut to Sir Alex way too much.

so what you're saying is, BBC should never cover another football match ever again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

smemon wrote:

Phew ...

And there was me thinking it was my lack of a widescreen tv that didn't show it.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

what's the sceal with the Arsenal/B'burn game? Is that on BBC this evening or whot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Its on Sky, unfortunately........ :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

I'd rather watch paint dry than watch anymore of this match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Combination of Graham Poll, Julio Baptista and Benni McCarthy sees Blackburn into the next round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Was fairly awful.

just about stuck with it.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What a cracker from Benni McCarthy to win that for Blackburn.

Awful game in general.

Doublish post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

Can Sendoras please leave the building..
    Woeful player who is not up to premiership level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dreadful game. Pity. But I'm happy to see Blackburn through. Arsenal should of had Rovers buried and Ljunberg should of had a penalty.

Fantastic finish by McCarthy. Just about the only good thing in the game.

Besides Samba muscling ''the Beast'' off the ball in the first half, not much of a ''beast'' tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Didn't see the whole thing, doesn't sound like I missed much. I just caught the goal, stunning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

any links to the goal lads? didn't get to catch the match myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The beast is not up to the premiership. he hasnt stepped up at all.

However can someone please tell me how arsenal didnt even get one of those penos in the 2 matchs.

Blackburn had three shots on goal over the 2 matchs. Says it all really about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

jank wrote:
    Blackburn had three shots on goal over the 2 matchs. Says it all really about them.

And yet they won. Says more about Arsenal tbh.

Regarding the penalties, goin gon recent form, Arsenal would hav eneeded to get 5 to scor eone anyway.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

jank wrote:

However can someone please tell me how arsenal didnt even get one of those penos in the 2 matchs.

I'm a rovers fan like lemlin!

We beat probably the best team in england today, who cares if it was a boring game. :D

Of coarse we only had a few chances on goal, even when the big teams play each other there are always few chances.

I suppose jank your going to say we don't play open football and kill the game! :mad: .Damn right we do, letting arsenal play free football would have been insane! Its called tactics, which sparky is brilliant with!!

Phew! had to get that out of my system! :D Hate the way wenger and jose keep on criticizing teams like blackburn just because we make it hard for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hughes out thought Wenger today, though yes, Ljungerg should definately have had a penalty.

Hughes got his team to play a slowly slowly style of play and after an hour, unleased Benny McCarthy on them! Once he came on, i knew we were gonna win it. Who cares how many shots on goal they had :) the only way to beat arsenal is to do your utmost to restrict their beautiful style of playing football and blackburn did that.

Kudos to them! hopefully we'll see alot more fun against City :D

• Advertisement

Hughes out thought Wenger today, though yes, Ljungerg should definately have had a penalty.

Hughes got his team to play a slowly slowly style of play and after an hour, unleased Benny McCarthy on them! Once he came on, i knew we were gonna win it. Who cares how many shots on goal they had :) the only way to beat arsenal is to do your utmost to restrict their beautiful style of playing football and blackburn did that.

Kudos to them! hopefully we'll see alot more fun against City :D

Totally agree!!!! :D

Sorry Blackburn fans, not gonna begrudge you your win... but Hughes definitely did not out think Wenger and it wasn't tactics than won you that game. It was Baptista being woeful up front, Aliadiere not a huge amount better and a couple of penalty decision that went your way.

Killing the game involves denying the opposition chances, and Blackburn were lucky to still be in the game in the second half. Second half they did restrict Arsenal alot better and got their goal from one of few shots, but a quality shot it was.

Yes arsenal did play bad and yes they had chances but they also got very frustrated with not being able to play in their usual flamboyant way.

Hughes obviously did win in tactics as his defense did not give much away but not brilliant and he used his substitutes at the right time.

Wenger is a brilliant manager but he was beaten this time. but arsenals performance did not help either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

jank wrote:

Would agree with ye there. Was at the Wigan game and he was shocking.
    Watched the Bolton on the box and he was worse and knew he'd miss the penalty.
    And tonight again another bad performance.
    Let him back to Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Sorry Blackburn fans, not gonna begrudge you your win... but Hughes definitely did not out think Wenger and it wasn't tactics than won you that game. It was Baptista being woeful up front, Aliadiere not a huge amount better and a couple of penalty decision that went your way.

Killing the game involves denying the opposition chances, and Blackburn were lucky to still be in the game in the second half. Second half they did restrict Arsenal alot better and got their goal from one of few shots, but a quality shot it was.

hahahahahaahahahahahaha......funny gooners.

Well done Blackburn

Thanx, S8N!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

why is it hard for arsenal supporters to just accept that sometimes, just sometimes, you dont win a game of football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Typical Gooners...winging already.......:D

Well done Blackburn I say, Wenger should have played a stronger team as the FA cup seems to have been the last chance for silverware this season........

Now come on Blackburn and beat City:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

A very good goal by McCarthy last night. Coming off the bench as an 'impact sub' seemed to definitely work.

One thing I dont get about Arsenal - they are a good club, they have perhaps the most depth of any club in the top-flight, yet, if they had the intention of winning either the Carling Cup or getting past Blackburn last night in the FA Cup, why didnt they put out all of their 1st team?!?

The next round in the FA Cup was a home match so that would mean more money, nevermind the chance of going on to win the trophy. Its not as if they have a crucial game coming up on the weekend in the premiership, so the top players would have been well rested by the crucial return leg v PSV in the CL next week.

The league position is meaningless, in terms of kudos, 3rd, 4th, who cares and money is negligible. The financial difference is 500k at the moment and there is even an arguemnt that by having to play through more CL qualifiers by ending 4th the following year that the club would take in even more money on gate receipts, so ironically, 4th is more financially lucrative than 3rd even if slight.

I was on Benitez's case when Liverpool fielded a very weak B team and ashamedly lost 3-6 at Anfield against Arsenal B, but Arsenal fans seem to be more than forgiving of Wenger for not winning the Carling Cup when in the final. If I was an Arsenal fan, I would not be happy with whinger Wenger at all this morning for both Sat and last night. If you dont put out your first team when in a final, can someone tell me when you put them out?

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

why is it hard for arsenal supporters to just accept that sometimes, just sometimes, you dont win a game of football?

Just following the example of their manager and certain players Eamo.

• Advertisement

3 stone wall penos...

Dont you have a forum to bitch on?

jank wrote:
    3 stone wall penos...

Yes he does, why don't you come over and join in?

Oh yeah...;)

jank wrote:
    3 stone wall penos...

but thats football.
    things dont always go your way.

get over it and stop sounding like a spoilt child.

i mean, even wenger keeps going onthat cup games shouldnt have relays becasue his poor team has to play again, and he has too many games.

so we should just change the way we have run cups to accomodate the arsenal football club?

maybe we should just make them play the games, but if arsenal lose, we just change the score to reflect an arsenal win. that way, the fans are kept happy, the players actually have to do something, and arsenal get an automatic win every week.

seriously, its supporters like you that made everyone hate utd in the 90's, and its what makes me hate arsenal supporters over the last 10 years.

you dont deserve to win. and if the decisions go against you on the day, well, tough ****. thats football.

maybe you should start your own forum to whinge and bitch in, but as i recall youre banned form the spurs one for acting the dick.

"oh noe, we lost and wwman is pointing out that we lose games. he should be banned form the forum and never be allowed back. whinge whine."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

jank wrote:
    3 stone wall penos...

You must have been watching a different game, 2 of your 3 stone wall pens were blatent dives.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

redspider wrote:
    A very good goal by McCarthy last night. Coming off the bench as an 'impact sub' seemed to definitely work.

One thing I dont get about Arsenal - they are a good club, they have perhaps the most depth of any club in the top-flight, yet, if they had the intention of winning either the Carling Cup or getting past Blackburn last night in the FA Cup, why didnt they put out all of their 1st team?!?

The next round in the FA Cup was a home match so that would mean more money, nevermind the chance of going on to win the trophy. Its not as if they have a crucial game coming up on the weekend in the premiership, so the top players would have been well rested by the crucial return leg v PSV in the CL next week.

The league position is meaningless, in terms of kudos, 3rd, 4th, who cares and money is negligible. The financial difference is 500k at the moment and there is even an arguemnt that by having to play through more CL qualifiers by ending 4th the following year that the club would take in even more money on gate receipts, so ironically, 4th is more financially lucrative than 3rd even if slight.

I was on Benitez's case when Liverpool fielded a very weak B team and ashamedly lost 3-6 at Anfield against Arsenal B, but Arsenal fans seem to be more than forgiving of Wenger for not winning the Carling Cup when in the final. If I was an Arsenal fan, I would not be happy with whinger Wenger at all this morning for both Sat and last night. If you dont put out your first team when in a final, can someone tell me when you put them out?

Redspider
    Boards chewed my post. Grrr.

Wenger fielded virtually his strongest available team last night. Only Fabregas and Lehmann were left out. Almunia's form has matched Lehmann's this season and Fabregas is in a dire need of a rest. Toure and Adebayor were suspended, while Clichy and Walcott had knocks, and Djourou, Hoyte, Flamini, Diaby, Rosicky, Van Persie and Henry were injured.

I don't agree on the league being meaningless. Bolton aren't out of the mix, and avoidng a disruptive qualifier for the CL next season is an important target.

I would have been on Wenger's case for not fielding the kids against Chelsea. They got the team there and deserved their shot, which they showed. All the seniors need to be 100% for the PSV game, as that is the most important one by far.
    Replace Arsenal with any top premiership club and the statement remains just as true.

Anyway, I think last night probably sealed the fates of Baptista and Aliadiere. They lost Arsenal the game. Poll had a sh1te game yes, but I didn't feel either of the incidents were penalties. Friedel on Aliadiere would have been very soft, while Emerton on Ljungberg WAS a foul, but it was outside the box. Swings and roundabouts anyway.

Next season I expect the returns of Vela and Bendtner and the continued of emergence of Walcott should mean that some of the current top-5 strikers will make way, and Aliadiere and Baptista are nearest to the chop.

you dont deserve to win

By that odmission you mean blackburn deserve to win.
    Did you see the 2 games?

Arsenal were below their best yes but blackburn hardly gave an awe inspiring performance.

What I dont get is that these "poor little" clubs have to play this way cause its the only way to get a result against Arsenal. What a load of bollicks!
    You would swear that they are lower league teams fighting for their lives but in fact they are good premiership clubs with good players fighting for CL places....

Only in england..

And then the press wonder why their national teams is ****e sometimes
    "lets blame wenger and his policys on bringing in good natural talent and playing the game it should be rather then the teams that play anti-football such as blackburn,bolton, everton etc"

Workmanship, courage and heart can only get you so far.

Naturally im pissed off over the result. However I do except it. Thats football. Sometimes the better team loses.

Your other comments are laughable though even for your standard wwm.
    but as i recall youre banned form the spurs one for acting the dick.

Nope just for being an Arsenal fan. Hell even your charter of your "forum"* states that Arsenal fans are not allowed to post even if they are good natured. If they do they are banned, no questions asked.

*I personally wouldnt call it a forum.

You must have been watching a different game, 2 of your 3 stone wall pens were blatent dives.

Why no yellow cards?

Freddies one was borderline on the box but was a foul.
    Ali was caught but made a meal out of it and in the first game it was a stonewall peno.

jank wrote:

Nope just for being an Arsenal fan. Hell even your charter of your "forum"* states that Arsenal fans are not allowed to post even if they are good natured. If they do they are banned, no questions asked.

Ah, so you did read the charter!!!

There was me thinking you'd been wearing Arsene's glasses before you posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jank wrote:
    Hell even your charter of your "forum"* states that Arsenal fans are not allowed to post even if they are good natured. If they do they are banned, no questions asked.
    Haha. That's a fantastic rule and one I support 100%

• Advertisement

jank wrote:
    By that odmission you mean blackburn deserve to win.
    no, i didnt say that either. perhaps you should stick to what i did say, and not what you want to make up.

i said you dont deserve to win every game you play in.

come on, now youre just being a sore loser.
    jank wrote:
    Arsenal were below their best yes but blackburn hardly gave an awe inspiring performance..

and yet still beat arsenal.

what sort of excuses are you giving?
    jank wrote:
    What I dont get is that these "poor little" clubs have to play this way cause its the only way to get a result against Arsenal.

ahahahahaha. so you are actually saying that clubs should play arsenal in a way that will allow arsenal to win?

i mean, you do know the there is a rule that states 'the club at the end of the game with the most goals, wins' dont you?

if arsenal dont score, then they dont win.

come on now, even you have to admit that blackburn deserve to win simply becuase by following the rules, the scored more goals!
    jank wrote:
    What a load of bollicks!
    You would swear that they are lower league teams fighting for their lives but in fact they are good premiership clubs with good players fighting for CL places....

its called tactics. steve coppell tried the exact same thing the night before. wear out utd, and then bring on a n impact sub on 60 minutes.

of course, he forgot to put the rest of the team out in the first 6 minutes, but otherwise, it wasnt a bad effort from the royals.

so saying that teams cant use tactics against arsenal is just pathetic.
    jank wrote:
    Only in england..

And then the press wonder why their national teams is ****e sometimes
    "lets blame wenger and his policys on bringing in good natural talent and playing the game it should be rather then the teams that play anti-football such as blackburn,bolton, everton etc".

well, i mean if you cant even beat the dross of everton and blackburn and bolton....
    jank wrote:
    Naturally im pissed off over the result. However I do except it. Thats football. Sometimes the better team loses..

how giving of you.
    jank wrote:
    Your other comments are laughable though even for your standard wwm.

becuase you cant answer any of them. thats fine.

seems yourself and arsene have the same issue, you only see what you want to see, or only answer what you want to answer.

perhaps we should change our ways and only say good things about arsenal on here from now on, much like only arsenal are allowed to win a game.
    jank wrote:

*I personally wouldnt call it a forum.

ohhhhhh. its my ball and im going home! of course its a forum. start your own if your that worried, but post rubbish here and i will challenge you on it. although, its hardly a challenge at this stage.
    jank wrote:
    Freddies one was borderline on the box but was a foul.[

ah, so it wasnt a peno, it was boarderline. hardly stonewall. youre changing your tune already.

lets face it, anyone who reads you last couple of posts will simply say to themselves 'that jank fell is a sore loser. look at the patheitc excuses he gives. he is very ungracious in defeat and cannot accept it'

and you know what, i think id agree with them....

pepe wrote:
    Replace Arsenal with any top premiership club and the statement remains just as true.

youre right. and i have no problem with people saying, hey you know what, we should have won that. im annoyed about that.

what i hate is the arrogance that many supporters have.

'we deserve to win that'
    well, maybe you did, but you didnt win it did you?

interesting fact from football365.
    if arsenal lose against reading they will be the first english club to lose 4 games in a row in 4 different competitions.

for a change, im supporting arsenal. i want reading to lose. i want the 4 clubs above us to lose the rest of their games this season so spurs can get into europe.

i dont hate arsenal. i dont have the whole spurs - arsenal rivalry going on. it doesnt interest me. i like arsenal. they play beautiful football.

i ahte the arrogance of their players, the manager and a lot of their supporters. but as pepe said, i feel the same way about anyone like that.

Since I have a quiet day in work i might aswell respond.
    no, i didnt say that either. perhaps you should stick to what i did say, and not what you want to make up.

i said you dont deserve to win every game you play in.

Well you didnt say every game and neither did I.
    What you did say is "you dont deserve to win."

Im not a mind reader wwm so how am I to know that you meant that Arsenal dont deserve to win every game. As I said before I never said that arsenal deserve to win every game.

You are saying arsenal didnt deserve to win, so by that admission I said that blackburn deserved it and you rejected that aswell? What is the point you are trying to make?
    come on, now youre just being a sore loser.

Was I on here being a sore loser about the PSV game? the Chelsea game? Many other games that arsenal have lost this year??

I think not so dont judge someone solely on one post.

and yet still beat arsenal.

what sort of excuses are you giving?

Poor finishing, poor refereing and a wonder strike.

As I said thats football for you.

ahahahahaha. so you are actually saying that clubs should play arsenal in a way that will allow arsenal to win?

i mean, you do know the there is a rule that states 'the club at the end of the game with the most goals, wins' dont you?

if arsenal dont score, then they dont win.

come on now, even you have to admit that blackburn deserve to win simply becuase by following the rules, the scored more goals!

Thats right. Take a point i make and run to the polar extreme with it:rolleyes:
    Of course the team with the most amount of goals win a game
    It doesnt mean they deserve to. There is a whole 90 mintues (or in this case 180 mintues) of football in between involving shooting, passing, blocking, saving, fouling that decribes events that happen in most football matches.
    If you think that football is that black and white then prehaps a reaility check with a doctor would not go astray.
    its called tactics. steve coppell tried the exact same thing the night before. wear out utd, and then bring on a n impact sub on 60 minutes.

of course, he forgot to put the rest of the team out in the first 6 minutes, but otherwise, it wasnt a bad effort from the royals.

so saying that teams cant use tactics against arsenal is just pathetic.

Sure tactics. Everybody knows the Arsenal way to play football. Therefore managers come up with ways to combat it. What i dont get and ill say this again as the point totally went over your head is that, these clubs are good clubs with good players who can play football. Just look at Reading. A first division team last year who play good attractive football. Steve coppell has done a great job with that team.

Cesc summed it all up when he told Hughes "You played for Barcalona? Thats not how barcalona play!" Sparky didnt like that comment at all:)

I just dont understand how year in year out good clubs and their fans accept anti-football tactics. Did you see how empty ewood park was last night??
    Bolton too 2 weeks ago!

Its happening all over England.

And then to top it all off they blame Wenger for their national teams failings.
    A bit rich isnt it?

How about teaching their players to pass the ****ing ball to each other and try and pick holes in the defense rather then booting it up the field.

well, i mean if you cant even beat the dross of everton and blackburn and bolton....

Dross? These are clubs going for CL places. See my point?
    how giving of you.

Yet your still complaining im a sore loser

.becuase you cant answer any of them. thats fine.

seems yourself and arsene have the same issue, you only see what you want to see, or only answer what you want to answer.

perhaps we should change our ways and only say good things about arsenal on here from now on, much like only arsenal are allowed to win a game.

hmmm what did you say. Oh right we should let Arsenal win all their games because they play pretty lovely football.

Come the **** off it. Its kids stuff im not going to resort to lower myself to a retort.

ohhhhhh. its my ball and im going home! of course its a forum. start your own if your that worried, but post rubbish here and i will challenge you on it. although, its hardly a challenge at this stage.

Did i say im worried? Did i complain to a mod\admin or raise the issue anywhere until now?
    Dont give a flying fiddlers **** and thats all im going to say about that

ah, so it wasnt a peno, it was boarderline. hardly stonewall. youre changing your tune already.

It was still a foul wasnt it, and a very very good claim for a peno. You can be pedantic words if you want. But my claim off 3 "good calls" for penos went unanswered. But thats football

On a side note how is Poll still the countrys No1 Ref?

lets face it, anyone who reads you last couple of posts will simply say to themselves 'that jank fell is a sore loser. look at the patheitc excuses he gives. he is very ungracious in defeat and cannot accept it'

and you know what, i think id agree with them....

jes thanks for the character assasinan and there and making this personal WWM. If I was reading your posts over the last few years id think to myself that your ignorant know it all.
    Its well know that your attitude of belittleing other posters on boards has caused people to question your authority on boards as a cmod.
    youre right. and i have no problem with people saying, hey you know what, we should have won that. im annoyed about that.

what i hate is the arrogance that many supporters have.

'we deserve to win that'
    well, maybe you did, but you didnt win it did you?

So its ok to say that but its still a **** you mate you didnt?
    So which is it?

interesting fact from football365.
    if arsenal lose against reading they will be the first english club to lose 4 games in a row in 4 different competitions.

for a change, im supporting arsenal. i want reading to lose. i want the 4 clubs above us to lose the rest of their games this season so spurs can get into europe.

i dont hate arsenal. i dont have the whole spurs - arsenal rivalry going on. it doesnt interest me. i like arsenal. they play beautiful football.

i ahte the arrogance of their players, the manager and a lot of their supporters. but as pepe said, i feel the same way about anyone like that.

At least it should be a good game of football:D

jank wrote:

Well you didnt say every game and neither did I.
    What you did say is "you dont deserve to win."
    sorry, i was assuming you were able to follow on the thread of the conversation. my apologies. you obviously werent.
    jank wrote:
    You are saying arsenal didnt deserve to win, so by that admission I said that blackburn deserved it and you rejected that aswell? What is the point you are trying to make?

you asked the question. it wasnt a stated fact.
    the point was that you asked if i said that arsenal didnt win then did blackburn deserve to.
    i merely stated that only by scoring more goals did they deserve to win. if it was to go on pretty play, im sure arsenal would be well ahead in the league.
    jank wrote:
    Was I on here being a sore loser about the PSV game? the Chelsea game? Many other games that arsenal have lost this year??

I think not so dont judge someone solely on one post.
    i dont. and youre a bad winner too. whether you came on here for those specific games is inconsequential. you are well known for emulating your teams manager with your excuses and petulance.
    jank wrote:
    Thats right. Take a point i make and run to the polar extreme with it:rolleyes:
    Of course the team with the most amount of goals win a game
    It doesnt mean they deserve to. There is a whole 90 mintues (or in this case 180 mintues) of football in between involving shooting, passing, blocking, saving, fouling that decribes events that happen in most football matches.
    If you think that football is that black and white then prehaps a reaility check with a doctor would not go astray.

so you agree that blackburn ahould have won the match? again, you seem to think that the divine right of the arsenal, along with the pretty ballet on display should gain you some advantage in a game.

the reality is that it is black and white. you either win lose or draw. last night, you lost. against psv you lost. against spurs, you won. its not hard once you grasp the basics.

but, you seem to be mixing up the subjectiveness of referring decisions and then inferring that your team should have had a better result. im merely stating the obvious. you seem to have an issue with that.
    perhaps i should allow you to remain blinkered?
    jank wrote:
    Sure tactics. Everybody knows the Arsenal way to play football. Therefore managers come up with ways to combat it. What i dont get and ill say this again as the point totally went over your head is that, these clubs are good clubs with good players who can play football. Just look at Reading. A first division team last year who play good attractive football. Steve coppell has done a great job with that team.

so if arsenal beat reading while reading are playing good football, and if reading could have beaten arsenal by playing a physical defensive game, which tactics do you consider to be the better ones?
    if youre a reading supporter?

why on earth would a team play a certain way that would suit what can only be considered a supriour team?
    you say it goes over my head. i cant really explain this more simply to you....
    jank wrote:
    I just dont understand how year in year out good clubs and their fans accept anti-football tactics. Did you see how empty ewood park was last night??
    Bolton too 2 weeks ago!

im a spurs supporter. apparently wed rather play pretty football than win a game.
    teams play football that their managers feel will win them games. you win games, you win cups, you win cups you get more money.
    more money and you can buy ronaldo and rooney.
    then you play pretty football.

again, im surprised you dont realise this.
    jank wrote:

youve obviously never been to an eircom league match. i supported shamrock rovers for many eyars and went to see them play when they were at miltown and the rds. truely awful stuff. and they were the best in the league.

*shudder*
    jank wrote:
    Dross? These are clubs going for CL places. See my point?

and youve missed mine.
    you keep saying that arsenal didnt deserve to win games against teams that play a tactical game that is not pretty.
    my point is saying that these boys still managed to beat you. i dont think any of those clubs are dross. i think they a more tactically astute game than arsenal.
    jank wrote:
    hmmm what did you say. Oh right we should let Arsenal win all their games because they play pretty lovely football.

Come the **** off it. Its kids stuff im not going to resort to lower myself to a retort.

cant think of anything witty to say eh?
    jank wrote:
    Did i say im worried? Did i complain to a mod\admin or raise the issue anywhere until now?
    Dont give a flying fiddlers **** and thats all im going to say about that

why would you contact a mod or an admin over the spurs supporters club forum?

jank wrote:
    It was still a foul wasnt it, and a very very good claim for a peno. You can be pedantic words if you want. But my claim off 3 "good calls" for penos went unanswered. But thats football

3 stone wall penos...

thats what you said. that means there could be no other alternative than giving a penalty.

and then you changed your tune when pepe didnt agree with you.

i simply pointed it out.

its ok , you are allowed to change your mind.

jank wrote:
    jes thanks for the character assasinan and there and making this personal WWM. If I was reading your posts over the last few years id think to myself that your ignorant know it all.
    Its well know that your attitude of belittleing other posters on boards has caused people to question your authority on boards as a cmod.

dont you mean arrogant know it all?

ignorant know it all is a contradiction in terms.

and where here do i say i know it all? all i am doing is disagreeing and telling you how i see it.

by the way, when you call me a know it all, can i take it that you think i am the font of all knowledge and correct in everything i am saying?

otherwise, your name calling probably needs to be worked on as well.

jank wrote:

ohhhh goody.

when you have nothing left to say, bring out the 'youre a cmod and you behave terribly' card.

as always, please point out these people, point out the discussions that go on here on boards that question my authority, and while youre at it, point out my authority.
    and please, give me a good run down of where exactly i fall down as a cmod. your opinion now. and give me both barrels. after all, if i dont find out what im doing wrong, i cant change, can i?

by the way, when you say i 'belittle' people, do yo uactually mean that when someone posts something stupid, i tend to ask them to explain themselves?

Jank wrote:
    So its ok to say that but its still a **** you mate you didnt?
    So which is it?

i have no idea what this means.

Jank wrote:
    At least it should be a good game of football

what if steve coppell decides that hes seen blackburn beat you by playing a certain way, and sends his team out to play a different way.

what then?

youre not the only person doing bugger all in work today.

sorry, i was assuming you were able to follow on the thread of the conversation. my apologies. you obviously werent.

Well you did leave out half a sentance that you claimed you wrote. Obviously one can deride any meaning from a sentance if the other forgets to write part of it.
    you asked the question. it wasnt a stated fact.
    the point was that you asked if i said that arsenal didnt win then did blackburn deserve to.
    i merely stated that only by scoring more goals did they deserve to win. if it was to go on pretty play, im sure arsenal would be well ahead in the league.

So you ARE saying blackburn deserve to win. Thats all I wanted to know.

i dont. and youre a bad winner too. whether you came on here for those specific games is inconsequential. you are well known for emulating your teams manager with your excuses and petulance.

Ah ya. Once a trouble maker always a trouble maker. Isnt that your philosiphy? I havent been acting the magot in a long while. Cant even remember the last time I got a warning never mind a ban on boards.
    ( The Spurs forum doesnt count as its private in all but name. )

Its inconsequential that i didnt have "moan" after those games because it doesnt fit your agrument or your view..but its still a fact!
    so you agree that blackburn ahould have won the match? again, you seem to think that the divine right of the arsenal, along with the pretty ballet on display should gain you some advantage in a game.

the reality is that it is black and white. you either win lose or draw. last night, you lost. against psv you lost. against spurs, you won. its not hard once you grasp the basics.

but, you seem to be mixing up the subjectiveness of referring decisions and then inferring that your team should have had a better result. im merely stating the obvious. you seem to have an issue with that.
    perhaps i should allow you to remain blinkered?

No i didnt say blackburn deserve to it for the 45th time.
    Of course one can win lose or draw a game, my point is what happens during the match that decides the scoreline you seem to be forgetting.
    Arsenal on this alone deserved it but didnt score, so there they lost!
    Thats football. Blackburn are through and good luck to them.

We are both arguing the same point but you seem to think that I feel that arsenal have a devine right to everything. Id love for you to point it out to me how you came to this conclusion but ill tell you what I think

I think Arsenal will get knocked out against PSV and therefore the season is more or less over. Will I moan? No. Thats football. Success is rare defeat and disapointment much more common. I grew up in the 90's where Arsenal were mid table fodder for a while. When your team is on top one has to enjoy it as its not going to last forever.
    so if arsenal beat reading while reading are playing good football, and if reading could have beaten arsenal by playing a physical defensive game, which tactics do you consider to be the better ones?
    if youre a reading supporter?

why on earth would a team play a certain way that would suit what can only be considered a supriour team?
    you say it goes over my head. i cant really explain this more simply to you....

Reading did very well playing positive football against united over 2 legs. You even admited that yourself. Putting in a strong defensive play against a stronger team is of course acceptable but putting 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes and making no attempt whatso ever of playing football is too much imo.

Did you see the arsenal blackburn first leg. Arsenal were ****e but at least they tried to score a goal. Blackburn couldnt give a **** if they kicked the ball out of play all day long. It worked but just. I wouldnt have called blackburn a football team that day.
    im a spurs supporter. apparently wed rather play pretty football than win a game.
    teams play football that their managers feel will win them games. you win games, you win cups, you win cups you get more money.
    more money and you can buy ronaldo and rooney.
    then you play pretty football.

again, im surprised you dont realise this.

Sorry but you are wrong.
    By that reasoning Chelsea should be the most attractive team in the world yet are as dull as dishwater.
    What did Reading ever win? (besides promotion?) They play good football!
    Arsenal have spent less money then Newcastle.

Its not the amount of money you have, dictates how good your football is. Its having a manager with a bit of balls to go. "we want to win but we want to win playing fast flowing attractive football"
    of course there will be teams that like to rough it up a bit but the last few seasons it has gone too far, too negative.
    Bolton and Blackburn have the money, players but not the manager or the will to do it because of fear. Fear that they will start losing games and fall down the table. This is when anti-football tactics begin.
    Im not the only person to say this. Its a well documented fact.
    youve obviously never been to an eircom league match. i supported shamrock rovers for many eyars and went to see them play when they were at miltown and the rds. truely awful stuff. and they were the best in the league.

*shudder*

Oh you think you know me so well.

I have been following cork city since I was 10 years old. I remember seeing them playing at the old turners x when the old stand was the old shed, Then bishopstown (Was even at the Galatasary match, had to skip school). Turners x again for the 90's up to last year. Was a season ticket holder in the 98/99 season. Even got Johnny Glyns jersey after the FAI cup final in 98. Last year went to a good few matchs including 2 away ones.

I remember those 0-0 draws with UCD and Bray when dave hill was in charge. I put on 5 years during those 2 matches alone!

Am i as big a fan as Gimmick. No way, not even close, but I do know a bit about EL.
    and youve missed mine.
    you keep saying that arsenal didnt deserve to win games against teams that play a tactical game that is not pretty.
    my point is saying that these boys still managed to beat you. i dont think any of those clubs are dross. i think they a more tactically astute game than arsenal.

Arsenal have been the creators of their own downfall many times this season.
    I have gone over this point above already.
    cant think of anything witty to say eh?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c103/wulfweard/tottenham.jpg
    Well you did ask for something witty
    why would you contact a mod or an admin over the spurs supporters club forum?

Exactly why would I:confused: ?
    3 stone wall penos...

thats what you said. that means there could be no other alternative than giving a penalty.

and then you changed your tune when pepe didnt agree with you.

i simply pointed it out.

its ok , you are allowed to change your mind.

If he agrees with me or not is irrelevant. I have a mind of my own.

Thats my opinion that they were 3 penos not given. Call them stonewall if you want but the fact remains that they were poor decisions that went against Arsenal.

Interestingly you havent denied that they werent penos!?
    So why be pedantic and argue for the sake of it.
    dont you mean arrogant know it all?

ignorant know it all is a contradiction in terms.

and where here do i say i know it all? all i am doing is disagreeing and telling you how i see it.

by the way, when you call me a know it all, can i take it that you think i am the font of all knowledge and correct in everything i am saying?

otherwise, your name calling probably needs to be worked on as well.

How you see it?? No how you see it is the way it is, no quarter given.
    Name calling isnt my forte as I doubt one would want to have it as such.
    If so then maybe you can enlighten me another time.
    ohhhh goody.

when you have nothing left to say, bring out the 'youre a cmod and you behave terribly' card.

as always, please point out these people, point out the discussions that go on here on boards that question my authority, and while youre at it, point out my authority.
    and please, give me a good run down of where exactly i fall down as a cmod. your opinion now. and give me both barrels. after all, if i dont find out what im doing wrong, i cant change, can i?

by the way, when you say i 'belittle' people, do yo uactually mean that when someone posts something stupid, i tend to ask them to explain themselves?

I have seen this post many times before directed at others. You use it so often that its probably in a text file ready for use.

You use your snide remarks to get your blows in.
    A perfect example was the way you called me a sore loser, not by calling me one but by going through a train of tought that came to an outcome, plain for all to see. That type of stuff is sly and as a cmod who is supposed to uphold an example and be a leader then you leave a lot to be desired.

From your rebuke its obvious this hasnt been the first time it has been directed at you. Does that not say something?
    i have no idea what this means.

its ok to say that we should have won that game but because thats what i said im a sore loser... it doesnt make sense.
    what if steve coppell decides that hes seen blackburn beat you by playing a certain way, and sends his team out to play a different way.

what then?

He may he may not. What do I know. Im just a arrogant stupid sore loser!

jank wrote:
    ( The Spurs forum doesnt count as its private in all but name. )

No its not, every single member of boards.ie is welcome. Except fans of Dial Square. In terms of % of boards users, I'd confidently say at least 98% of posters are able to post freely on the forum. Even those who can't post on the forum can read it...except you and one other person.

jank wrote:

I think he had this in mind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Jesus, are you lot trying to make your scrollbar disappear?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Give it a rest Jank.....Why are gooners such bad losers ??

Ye played an understrength team and lost to a decent team who wanted it more. End of.

What excuses you going to come up with next week when PSV beat ye at home :D:D:D:D:D

jank wrote:
    Cesc summed it all up when he told Hughes "You played for Barcalona? Thats not how barcalona play!" Sparky didnt like that comment at all:)

Bolton too 2 weeks ago!

First off, of coarse sparky did not like that comment from an ignorant little S**t, Fabregas is nowhere near as good a player as sparky was in his day and at least he got to play for barcelona first team and didn't take the easy option and stay with united.

Fabregas only showed his lack of football knowledge and lack of knowledge on barcelona history.

In regards to Attendances at stadiums - blackburn is a small town of a few thousand people and also ticket prices in the premiership had become ridiculous - blackburn and bolton are starting a new program of lowering ticket prices to attract the fans back but this is a problem with all of the smaller clubs in the premiership.
    Sheffield and wigan have big attendance problems.

Only the top teams and some well located teams(Newcastle) get full venues now as we only have real football supporters and don't get the prawn sandwich brigade. The style of football has got nothing to do with it! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

s8n wrote:
    Ye played an understrength team and lost to a decent team who wanted it more. End of.

Well in fairness, it wasn't exactly their choice to field an understrength team, except for fabregas being rested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

s8n wrote:
    Why are gooners such bad losers ??

:mad: i'm not

OK to clarify for ye all below was my initial and planned only comment on that match

1st line: The beast is ****!

2nd line: The ref is ****!

3rd line: Blackburn were fortunate to get anything out of the game due to their negative play.

That was all I said!

And i'm a sore loser?

What am I ment to say.

"Great so lads! I just love the way blackburn play their football. I hope the conquer europe next season!"

Some guys are so touchy?

Its very easy to make sweeping general statements against people cause one has the audacity to make a fair comment on the match and question the refs job and tactics employed by the opposing team.
    If that makes a sore loser then EVERYBODY is a sore loser!! Its ****ing FOOTBALL!!:mad:

Go luck to Blackburn against City. And I mean that!

I want to drop this topic now if ye dont mind

• Advertisement
Advertisement