Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A6 buyers guide

Options
  • 27-02-2007 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

hello all,

thinking of buying a '98 A6 2.8 quattro sport 105k. i've already looked for your wisdom for this car.

he's swearing blind it's a sound car but he's telling me that after it had a new battery he got displays for brake lights, fuel guage and brake pad sensors.

i'm pretty sure i'll pick it up but i need to know is there anything else to worry about. i had a couple of A4s and it was more than a little tempermental.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

cantdecide wrote:
    hello all,

thinking of buying a '98 A6 2.8 quattro sport 105k. i've already looked for your wisdom for this car.

he's swearing blind it's a sound car but he's telling me that after it had a new battery he got displays for brake lights, fuel guage and brake pad sensors.

i'm pretty sure i'll pick it up but i need to know is there anything else to worry about. i had a couple of A4s and it was more than a little tempermental.

I wouldn't mind the 105k - but you'd want to check on it's service history. This car would have been well looked after at one stage and should have some history.

I had a 98 1.8T A6 - and IIRC, the brake light could have meant an issue with ABS. Find some gravel and check it out.

An awesome car and if it's only some minor details then good luck!

Advertisement