Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MBTs

• 27-02-2007 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Not sure if this is the right forum - so if it needs to be moved thats fine.

I am thinking about getting a pair of MBT shoes - and am wondering does anyone actually have a pair? Are they as good as made out? Do they really work? Roughly how much are they?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

They're around €180 afair and I've heard good reports on them too although I haven't tried them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I have a pair. They cost me 200 euro. I find them extremely comfortable and love to wear them for that reason but I don't know if they're doing all that much to benefit me healthwise. They do seem to have made my posture better however (I got them at end of last Oct and wear them at least half of every week). At the start they took a bit of getting used to and I felt like I was almost bouncing along but now I'm so used to them I don't really notice that any more. I do notice a difference when I wear my other shoes though. I have an old pair of Ecco's which were my confiest shoe until the MBT's but they seem so flat now and I seem to have a slight ache in the arch of my foot when I get home and can't wait to get my slippers on instead. The first few days I wore them they did feel a bit uncomfortable on the arch of my foot after a while.

On the internet I saw claims of miracle back cures from wearing MBT's but to honest I still have a stiff hip some days, even wearing the MBT's. I'd advise trying on a pair in the shop and wearing them up and down around the floor for as long as they'll let you. It's a lot to pay for, let's face it, an ugly shoe. If you don't feel like you'd wear them then don't buy them and don't be expecting miracle cures. I'm sure they do help people with problems but perhaps not every problem. I think they do help the calf muscles too. I certainly hace good legs (if I say so myself)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

My mother has a pair. She says their great for walking but tbh I think they look horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to make tham look cooler, twould be appreciated too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Wear big wide very long flares??? I only wear mine under jeans ever. I kinda hope they look like trainers then. I think they look worse on men than they do on women though. It's sort of OK for women to wear funny shoes but a man wearing anything different with his work clothes? Looks ridiculous! Saw a man sit down on the Luas one morning and his pants rode up to reveal a massive pair of these things....not a good look under a pair of smart chinos!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement