Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design; I need money

Options
  • 27-02-2007 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey.

Right, basically, I'm a web designer/PHP programmer, and I need money. I'm fifteen and in school and stuff, so I can't really get much of a job. There are people on this forum who've designed websites for companies and stuff (for money) before, right? I'm just wondering, do you come to them, or do they come to you? How do you attract "business", so to speak?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 daryllsheridan

No expert myself but id say a good way to start would be not to tell your age and show a link to your work portfolio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭H3LLg0d

No expert myself but id say a good way to start would be not to tell your age and show a link to your work portfolio

:D:D good point

ps I do work for people on scriptlance and tell the im 35 even though im 25:D
    and self thought :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

"self thought" ????? Does that mean that you think for yourself ?

Everyone "needs" money, and everyone advertises their skills and gets referrals - business is a combination of both.

Best option is to put a portfolio online and let people see what you're capable of - age and everything else doesn't matter if you can deliver the goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

I got the game of Operation for a Christmas present off my uncle Ted. I wonder can I make a few extra Euros at the weekend by doing open heart surgery? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

guX wrote:
    Hey.

Right, basically, I'm a web designer/PHP programmer, and I need money. I'm fifteen and in school and stuff, so I can't really get much of a job. There are people on this forum who've designed websites for companies and stuff (for money) before, right? I'm just wondering, do you come to them, or do they come to you? How do you attract "business", so to speak?

Thanks in advance.

Are you good at designing tables and querying MySQL Databases to do stuffs like Unreal Tournament stats
    http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/

If so show me an example of what you can do with the DB of your choice (Has to be MySQL 4.x) and I will get you a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Laslo wrote:
    I got the game of Operation for a Christmas present off my uncle Ted. I wonder can I make a few extra Euros at the weekend by doing open heart surgery? :rolleyes:

Evil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

blacknight wrote:
    Evil :)

But quite funny all the same! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

guX wrote:
    How do you attract "business", so to speak?

Do a website for a friend or relative, do it really well and you might end up getting a few more jobs because you did a good job on that one.

Thats how i started and i have not been out of nixers since. It's just about getting a name for yourself.

Also, learn emerging technologies (like AJAX and JSAN stuff) , show it off on your site and you never know who might contact you asking for something similar.

Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Laslo wrote:
    lol

Advertisement