Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE K750i

• 27-02-2007 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Im eligible for an upgrade on O2 and I am looking at getting the SE K750I for €29 . Im just wondering. Is this a good phone?? Is there any better value for money phones availible for those upgradeing. I am willing to pay up to €50 (note I am on the lowest O2 package so on the upgrades page the highest price is teh one I will be paying(I think) )

Obviously I want to get the best phone I can . I want it to be a good MP3 player though aswell.

cheers lads all help is appreciated. :)

Regards
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Yeah its a very good phone. Its a little bit old now though but its still better than a lot of phones out there. Can you get the K800i on your upgrade? If you can then that would be the upgraded model with an even better 3.2MP camera compared to the 2MP in the K750i.
    I hope this helps you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

EYah cheers that helps. Although I want as many suggestions/oppinions as possible.

Yes the k800i is availible . What are the differences between the 750i and the 800i ?? Is the better camera the only main difference??? because the 750i's camera seems to be quite good, and good enough for me. the mp3 playing side of teh phone is really what Im into because I really love listening to music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

The K750i is a cracking phone. It has been around awhile now (released in the summer of 2005) & loads of people have it so it seems to be just as popular as ever.

But in regards to your upgrade, if you have the option, you should go for the W810i. This phone is basically an improved version of the K750i and it has all the same features + it comes with a music kit and 512MB of RAM so it makes for an excellent MP3 player too.

HHmm thanks for the suggestions guys.

Is it only the camera thats better on the K800i or are there alot of better things??

Whats the music kit that the W810i comes with?? what doe it do? I cant see any benifit from the phone coming with more ram as you can always get more memory cards, although i may be missing the benefit plaease point it out to me. :)

Also bot of teh suggested phones cost €179. Are they really that much bnetter then the K750i?

chris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Well i havent used any of the others but the W810i is just the same as the K750 but with a slightly different media player. The K800i is newer in a lot of ways afaik but its up to you on how much you want to spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Hi. I've owned a W810i and I loved it. Kept it for 7 months, which for me is a long time. The camera on the k750i and the w810i are the same, I think. 2 megapixel with led flash and autofocus. I used to get great shots off with the w810i. Something I can't seem to get right with my N73.
    The k750i can be bought cheap and what alot of people did was flash it with the firmware of the w800i for the walkman application.
    The K800i is a 3G phone with 3.2 megapixel camera, autofocus, and anti-shake tech. Also has a proper xenon flash! With all this and a capable music player, the phone has bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP (stereo bluetooth)

I'm actually in the middle of purchasing this phone on a business contract. €129 for phone and fully wired bluetooth carkit. I'm also selling the N73 and have a W950i on it's way from the UK.

Love my phones, I do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Also bot of teh suggested phones cost €179. Are they really that much bnetter then the K750i?

The W810i and K800i are both great phones but for €150 more then the K750i you are not going to see a huge difference.

As said before, the camera on the K800i is probably the best on the market and the W810i is one of the best walkman phones around, but it all boils down to what you want to spend.

Check out this link for the comparisons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

I've had both the K750i & the W810i. The K750i is a good phone but it has some faults. Most annoyingly the Joystick has a habit of breaking. I went through 3 of them. :eek:

The W810i is faster, has a joy pad, brighter screen, better headphones, better MP3 player, larger memory card, adapter for playing phone through your stereo and looks nicer. The one negative I found was less battery life.

I'm stuck using the K750i at the moment as the W most definitely does not stand for waterproof. A cycle in the washing machine proved that:mad:

Cal

LOl thanks for your help guys . Looks like I am going to go for the k750i although the w810i is still in with a slim chance.

i just read about flashing teh software of the k750i to a w810i and apparently it can only be done with the read phones :( I will be getting the black one.

also whats the difference between memory stick duo and memory stick pro duo??I assume its just that the pro version is faster?? But does that make any difference when using the phone???

Christophicus, When they say red phones, It's not meant literaly. "Red" is the cid colour and refers to firmware versions. It won't matter what colour case is on your new phone!

• Advertisement

LOl :D:D:D . O right i see :). Thanks for that. I am such a fool. :D:D:D:D:D

By the way I noticed people only suggested SE phones. Are there no alternative phones that are as goo if not better then SE??

Hi im just wondering does anyone know if the k750i can use a bigger meory stick pro duo then the 4GB version?

The largest provisioned pro duo card is 4gb. Any larger and the phone shouldn't be able to read them

Advertisement