Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loading a button into a Text Area

Options
  • 27-02-2007 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I'm just wondering if anyones knows if its possible to make a button and then have it appear in a TextArea as I would like to have the button appear next to XML Data I'm loading in. Hoping for an end result that will have a button that will show up beside a message that can then be clicked bring the user to another frame. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

In flash right?

Create a new layer, design the button, select the button shape and transform it into a button.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'm sorry I might not of worded it correctly, I'm loading results from a search using XML Data into a Text Area, I'd like to have Dynamic Buttons appear for each result. Any advice would be appreciated thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Can't think of anything off-hand, I'd probably abandon it and look for an easier way, but just to clarify further, is this the html element <textarea></textarea> we're talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

No its an actual Text Area Component in Flash, XML Data is loaded into it displaying results, I want a button after each result that I can put code behind that will bring the user to another frame depending on the result. Thanks for trying

Advertisement