Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

timing belt replacement

Options
  • 27-02-2007 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

How much would it be to get the timing belt on a 92 civic replaced roughly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

sc4rf4ce wrote:
    How much would it be to get the timing belt on a 92 civic replaced roughly?

It probably depends on what part of the county you are in and where you bring it to have the job done.

You will probably need to have the belt, pulley, tensioner and possibly water pump changed. The price might also vary whether the engine is VTEC or not. As a ballpark figure an independant mechanic might charge between €350 to €500.

Dublin and main dealer prices are usually more expensive. The money is made from the labour charges rather than parts.

Better off getting a few quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I work at a honda main dealer and it wouldn't cost €350 there!
    You're best to go to a main honda dealer - specify spurious parts if you want to save some money. A spurious belt, pump and tensioner should only cost about €80 and 4 hours of labour @ €50 an hour adds up to under €300.
    Give the garage a call - they might have a set price for timing belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

€250 at a main dealer. If you're being quoted any more go to another one. The dealers in Roscommon, Ballina and Port Laoise all charge about that. I believe Roscrea would be similar. City dealers will charge more. At least one charges about €450, and that's not a Dublin dealer either!

Local mechanic would do it for a bit less, though not an awful lot.

Tensioner and water pump are optional: they are only replaced if they are found to be faulty upon inspection.

EDIT: Just noticed land9 works for Judge's.. one of the better dealer's in the country.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sc4rf4ce

cheers for the replies. Im still unsure as to whether it has been done or not. I got the car at a great bargain, and everything else seems to be replaced, i/e air filter, fan belt.
    its a standard 1.4 civic import carburator.
    id love to have a look myself, but i dont want to go tinkering with the engine and mess it up.
    is there any way of having a quick look myself at the belt without having to take any major parts off?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Normally when the belt is replaced, the mileage it was done it will be scralwed on the engine cover someplace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement