Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heroes Channel 6 - Thursday 9.30pm

• 27-02-2007 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up for anyone who has yet to start watching Heroes.

You have another chance to see the first episode on Channel 6 this Thursday at 9.30.

Also... nice to see Channel 6 to take out some banner adverts on boards.ie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Ive been telling all my friends all week to watch it on Thursday. It really is the best out there at the moment.

Did anyone see the big write up in the Sun today where in the headline they said "RTE's new drama Heroes" but in the bottom part of the page said the times for channel 6. Id say channel 6 are none too pleased.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fair play to Channel 6, you wouldn't see RTE doing this....they never seem to show anything Sci Fi related and if they do (like with Stargate) they show it at like 1am on a weekday and then cancel it due to lack of ratings.

Imagine that! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I'm pretty sure it's a double episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Double episode tonight for heroes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Perhaps some of you will be interested to know that Channel 6 broadcast in 16:9 aspect ratio which is Widescreen. Sci-Fi only broadcast in 4:3. It might not mean much to some, but I prefer to be able to see those extra wide camera angles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

I have seen the first 14 episodes and they are amazing. Well worth watching...best thing on TV for a long time:D I am hooked defo a Heros fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I thought this looked fairly crap. I only saw stuff about this show a few days ago, never heard of it before then. I have to say I am pleasantly supprised I missed the first hour and a half to night, are they important does it matter that I missed them, this seems to be up there with the likes of lost. Also for NTL cable subscribers is it only on channel 6??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

If you missed them it looks like those two episodes are repeated on Saturday evening at 8pm on Channel 6.

Ok cool thanks for that man, I'll try and remember to watch them :).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Anyone else catch their advertising campaign at Tara St. DART station? They had a bunch of girls in cheerleader outfits handing out flyers. Save the cheerleader, save the world :)

• Advertisement

They had people handing out leaflets in Waterford as well. Like Sci-Fi UK, they certainly seem to be going for it for this show! It's refreshing to see stations have so much faith in a show, especially one as exciting and refreshing as Heroes!

Where were teh people in waterford ?? Were the cheerleaders:D?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Good show, very well done.

I wasn't fullly watching the whole 2 episodes so I got a bit lost, but I will be tuning in to see the next episode in full.

When is the DVD available?

Far play to channel six for get so much publicity for the show. A two page spread in the RTE Guide???? amazing don't think TV3 has ever got that.

nice site http://www.channel6.ie/shows/Heroes/index.whtm

Well the series isn't over yet and won't be for another 10 weeks in the US so expect to see a DVD sometime during the Summer albeit it will be Region 1.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Well the series isn't over yet and won't be for another 10 weeks in the US so expect to see a DVD sometime during the Summer albeit it will be Region 1.

No sign of it at all on Play International or amazon.com so could be sometime before they bother putting it on DVD.

Advertisement