Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where to get good CRT monitors from?

Options
  • 27-02-2007 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

I am after a 24" flat screen wide CRT, something like the Sony FW900............been looking for a while now and cant seem to find anything.

Anyone have any ideas where i should be looking?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

CRT's are increasingly difficult to find these days with being replaced by LCD, the Sony FW900 is discontinued as well. eBay may be worth a look or consider something that is more readily available like there are 21" CRT's still on sale in some shops like Elara and Amazon.

Just in case it's relevant most high end LCD displays do the full 16.7m colours unlike the cheaper ones like the 24" Dell 2407 & 26" NEC 2690WUXI but you'll pay through the nose for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Yeah i hear what your saying, i have been looking on ebay but with out too much joy as yet............its not just the colour in after its the contrast too, i want my blacks to look black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You should check out the 20" NEC 20WGX2 a very detailed review here covers black levels and colour calibrations it's a great display & I have one myself, might be good enough for your requirements.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

ive belinea 22" widescreen that i got for 180 sterling off OCUK.

really nice colours, no ghosting ingame and it even has a set of speakers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Thanks guys!

Kamikazi...............that monitor looks stunning for the price! how much did you pay for postage?

• Advertisement
Advertisement