Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slowness ..

Options
  • 28-02-2007 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

I posted on the 19/02 regarding slowness (see here)..

Dev answered "a matter of days" and "very soon".

Did this mean February ? March ? First half of 2007 ?

At the risk of being bombarded by moderators who feel they must protect boards by ridiculing people who ask when boards will not be slow without supplying a solution.

Potential temporary solution :
    If its the database size then remove posts older than 01/01/2006*. Place them in an archive readonly database and place on another server and subdomain. *change date as appropriate to get acceptable response times
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Could you post this in the other thread please?

feedb1.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The answer is March. My prediction is early March.

The problem is not the database. Its the 1200 concurrent people who try to access the system for pretty much 8 hours solid a day.

I'm in Singapore atm so my time zone is shifted by 8 hours and Boards is pretty good for me. We have been a victim of our own success and the solution has been delayed by a number of things, primaraily the administrators private lives being "unreasonably" unaccommodating.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement