Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

0/5w 30/40 (5l) oil in Galway - Where?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Hey John, was this oil for a E39 5 series. i need to change my oil, and have a E39 2 litre petrol. Would this stuff be okay to use?

I have an E39 and use Castrol's 0w30 Longlife 01 which is the oil bmw recommend to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bonham23

yeah i use Castrol Edge ow30 on my e46. Got 8 litres for €100 from southside motor factors. Its the same thing as buying the LL oil from BMW. which is only available in 1l bottles at overpriced rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

bonham23 wrote: »
    yeah i use Castrol Edge ow30 on my e46. Got 8 litres for €100 from southside motor factors. Its the same thing as buying the LL oil from BMW. which is only available in 1l bottles at overpriced rates.

I was able to buy BMW LL spec oil (written on it) in 4l bottles online

Did your stuff actually say "BMW LL **" on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bonham23

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I was able to buy BMW LL spec oil (written on it) in 4l bottles online

Did your stuff actually say "BMW LL **" on it?

No its generic castrol ow30 oil ..not specific to BMW's.

The BMW LL stuff is just BMW badged Castrol Oil at a higher price.
    its a fully synthetic oil

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Aye i'm aware of Castrol/BMW

How much was the LL04 oil? Want to compare it with buying online

I bought 4 litres of Mobil 1 0W/40 yesterday for Eur 33.95 from...........the local Farmer's Co-Op.

How does that sound - competitive?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

galwaytt wrote: »
    I bought 4 litres of Mobil 1 0W/40 yesterday for Eur 33.95 from...........the local Farmer's Co-Op.

How does that sound - competitive?

Yup I paid about 10eur a litre for BMW LL spec

TBH i'd prefer to be buying a BMW Diesel from someone with receipts showing they used BMW LL approved oil. The 320d turbos are weak. I only bought my 320d because the whole engine and turbo had been replaced in 2004 with the 'reliable' turbo (I think inlet manifold was replaced too, it's the only reason I can think the engine would have been replaced, if the engine ate the inlet manifold - bad turbo wouldnt cause engine replacement)

Advertisement