Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting Rid of a Hickey, Quickly!!?

• 28-02-2007 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Ok, so I have a date tomorrow, it's my second with this girl, but I went out last night, and ended up going home with another girl, who, despite me telling her of my strict no hickey policy ended up giving me one. So I need to get rid of this as soon as possible, I've been trying the toothpaste thing, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Use a vacuum cleaner to remove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I remember hearing that vinegar was a cure - never tried it though. I reckon the only cure is time. If it's only red then it should be ok in 24 hours or so. If its any more 'vigorous' then you may have a wee problem.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Postpone the date - work thing/family emergency/broken leg etc. It will have to run its usual 2-3 day course and not much will shorten that period :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

get your mommy to give you more to make a line and say you got hit with a metal pipe, thats what i do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Hmmm the hoover just made it worse... I'll keep on trying though, on different parts of my neck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

lol a hoover

get your mommy to give you more to make a line and say you got hit with a metal pipe, thats what i do :D

I don't live at home... that's the main problem with the above.

Oh forgot to mention, I don't have access to make-up either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

haha i lol'd when i saw the suggestion for the hoover! please tell me you didnt ACTUALLY try the hoover? lol

ye, try get another girl to give you a hickey over it! they'll cancel each other out and clear up in a matter of minutes! honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Be older than 14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Postpone.

• Advertisement

Giblet wrote:
    Be older than 14

<typical boards response>

:rolleyes:

</typical boards response>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No you fool, use it at the other side. It'll suck it off from behind*.

*cough*

connundrum wrote:
    Postpone the date - work thing/family emergency/broken leg etc. It will have to run its usual 2-3 day course and not much will shorten that period :o
    Agreed theres nothing you can say to get out of this, just be well over apologetic, **** happen's don't feel bad over it and tell the 1st girl the hickey's aren't on
    I ****ing hate them ...It feels like being branded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

despite me telling her of my strict no hickey policy ended up giving me one

amateur, if only you'd outlined the terms in a signed written agreement

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Hickey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Give yourself a black eye and say you got jumped the other night.

I might just wear a scarf! I don't really want to postpone, we're both pretty busy so it's hard to meet up as it is. The last date was 2 and half weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Also, do you tell all your dates that you don't want hickeys when you go home with them? :confused:

Last night wasn't a date, it was just a randomer, and yeah I tend to mention subtly about not giving hickeys, if I'm with a randomer, but I was a bit more than subtle last night, and yet here I am. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Dave wrote:
    yeah I tend to mention subtly about not giving hickeys, if I'm with a randomer

Well thats just putting the idea in their head, hehe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Arinca cream works well a chemist will have it and also pop to the make up counter and ask about concealer they will sort you out with something.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

if i remember a coating of toothpaste and the back of a cold tea spoon was the way to go...

(never actually worked though)

daveym wrote:
    if i remember a coating of toothpaste and the back of a cold tea spoon was the way to go...

(never actually worked though)
    then why the hell say it

that's like suggesting standing on o'connell st

Standing in O'Connell Street eh.. that's so crazy it just might work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

You are are only going for your second date with this girl. It isn't like you're going out or anything.

So what.

Yeah I know, but at the same time I do like this girl, and it wouldn't be giving the best impression.

"Hey Dave, what happened your neck"
    "Oh I rode some randomer on monday night, and she gave me a hickey"
    "Haha that's funny,so when do you want do you want to meet up again"

I don't think it works like that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Get a pair of thick rimmed glassess, wear all black, get a load of crappy music.

then take a razor and cut yourself where the hicky is. only a small cut is needed. but bigger is always better

then put a plaster over it and if she asks about it start talking about the futiliy of life and how your overpowered by your own sensitivity within a world of insensitivity.

wont garuntee a third date, but it will ensure she will never find(believe) the hickey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Aww sh*t! i did that to a guy a couple of weeks back, I nailed him with a shot to the neck...It actually does look like a hickey.

If you want I can get someone on the Dublin reapers to cover for you and say you were with them last friday at their training and got a shot to the neck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Dave wrote:
    Ok, so I have a date tomorrow, it's my second with this girl, but I went out last night, and ended up going home with another girl, who, despite me telling her of my strict no hickey policy ended up giving me one. So I need to get rid of this as soon as possible, I've been trying the toothpaste thing, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Take a bootlace, preferebly a good thick one from football boots or something, and soak it in vinegar for half an hour or so.
    Then slap the top of your knob with it 50 times whilst chanting 'stop telling me what to do, stop telling me what to do' at the top of your voice. You'll never get a hickey from a girl while chasing another girl again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Ware an Elizabethan-era Ruff to the date.
    http://www.vertetsable.com/demos_ruffs.htm

Doesn't sudocream work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Nothing works... really!! theres little point in getting your hopes up for a quick remedy!!

Postpone is the only thing to do i think? I i was the girl and saw you coming with a hickey on your neck id be very wary of you and to be honest probably wouldnt meet you again! It would put the question in my mind on whether you mess about with just anyone and wouldnt feel particularly comfortable!

Ps. NO scarf, thats just obvious!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Get two bolts (one to cover up the hickey the other just to make it look normal) and glue them to your neck al la Frankenstein and say you thought it was a fancy dress date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Just wear a polo kneck its not like its the middle of summer and roasting warm, so there nothing obvious about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

wear a plaster, not one of those blue ones people in the food industry wear but the skin coloured ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

It'll suck it off from behind
    i dont read this phrase nearly enough on boards, good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Strawberry jam, over night works a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd try the paintball excuse myself.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Heyes wrote:
    Just wear a polo kneck its not like its the middle of summer and roasting warm, so there nothing obvious about it.
    yup thatd be my idea too, or go with the paintball one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Can't believe you actually told some girl that you have a 'no hickey' policy. That's priceless.

Is that what the kids are doing nowadays?

Hickeys! Didn't realise anyone above the age of 16 gave hickeys.

At the ripe age of 23 I have given a cracker of a hickey, lasted for 2 weeks. The slagging, the shame..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

ust say it's a birth mark and act disgusted if she mentions it.
    Then ask why she didn't notice it on your first date.
    If you get a third date (and I seriously doubt you will if you follow my advice) tell her the birth mark miraculously disappeared. Or just get the hoover out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

yup, id go with the paintball excuse, perhaps you could fake another one on your stomach so that if it comes up in conversation you can say "oh yea, it stung like hell, look, i have another one on my stomach!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Just tell her what happened and be a ****ing man about it!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

then why the hell say it

that's like suggesting standing on o'connell st

well everyone else seemed to be suggesting random ideas that weren't going to work. i felt left out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭SystemError

get a neck brace and tell her you had a bad fall.
    or wear your collar up

she'll feel sorry for you if you do either

Oh give her one the moment you see her, then say pass it on, like it some kind of fun game..

The toothpaste thing actually worked!! It's pretty much gone now, if you looked really hard you'd still see it, but otherwise it's unnoticeable!

Oh and the guy who said "be man just tell her" you don't know many women do you? ;)

yup, id go with the paintball excuse, perhaps you could fake another one on your stomach so that if it comes up in conversation you can say "oh yea, it stung like hell, look, i have another one on my stomach!!"

I have a friend with a paintball gun who's more then willing to shoot you if you want.

though he might miss the stomach.

• Advertisement
Advertisement