Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

directions-red cow park and ride

• 28-02-2007 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

i need to drive to Dublin in the morning from limerick and was planning to park at the red cow luas park and ride. Have been looking on the map or the specific location for the park and ride but its kinda unclear:confused:
    Would be extremely grateful if someone could give me clearer directions :) Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

right, you need to leg it towards the m50 roundie. keep on inside lane

drive back towards limerick (!), the N7.
    keep to the left lane, there will be a turn off for the red cow park n ride.

cheers.

might be another way, but coming from the south thats the only way i think, the NRA arent very advanced with fly overs yet im affraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 car_girl

thanks for the help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

You don't need to go around the roundabout at all.

Keep driving until you get to the Bewley's Hotel there at Newland's cross. From there on get into and stay in the right hand lane. You'll see a turn-off with a set of traffic lights pointing in to the Red Cow Park & Ride. (From there it just looks like a road going over a hill down into a business park that's unfinished but I think there might be a fairly small white sign with a blue logo of a tram on it). Wait for your green arrow on the traffic lights pointing right then off you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

sorry to drag up an old thread, but I have the same question.

I think there were changes and restrictions in place during the works, but the Luas site says that M50 works have been completed.

My question is, as I approach Inbound on the N7, do I stay in the left lane or the right lane to get to the Luas park and ride exit?

MtM

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

stay on the left lane. Take the left turn, about 100m from bewleys hotel signed for the luas car park. And follow signs, that bring you over bridge to car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Thanks a million for clearing that up Dublinhead.

That's what the maps on the Luas site indicate allright, but I saw a lot of conflicting directions in various threads on here telling me to do the opposite. It might have had something to do with the works that were going on though.

I know I'm a culchie ;) - but I wouldn't fancy having to move across four lanes of traffic on the Naas road at rush hour if I found myself in the completly wrong lane :eek:

Cheers.

MtM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

When you are coming in to Dublin from the Galway direction, would you know how to get to the car park from here? Thanks in advance, I am not exaggerating when I say driving in Dublin scares the bejeasus out of me:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

detoxkid wrote: »
    When you are coming in to Dublin from the Galway direction, would you know how to get to the car park from here? Thanks in advance, I am not exaggerating when I say driving in Dublin scares the bejeasus out of me:eek:

If you're coming in the N4, follow the signs for the M50 south. Down the M50 and exit at the next exit. There are three lanes on the exit, the second (middle) lane is probably the best, although the right-hand lane will do, too. I can't remember exactly, but they'll be signed N7, and hopefully Cork, Limerick or simply South.

These lanes drop under a bridge and then climb back up, and merge with the traffic coming from Dublin, with you on the right-hand side of the road. You'll need to do this carefully, as you need to immediately change 3 lanes to get to the next left-hand exit which is only about 200 or 300 metres down the road, just after the huge blue "bowstring" bridge. This leads up to a roundabout, one exit of which leads you straight into the Luas Car Park.

Hopefully this link will work and show the route through the Red Cow for you (although sometimes you need to click the "+" on the left of the map to get it to load properly).

If you get onto the N7 and then it all goes wrong and you don't get across all three lanes in time for the exit, don't panic. Keep heading away from the city and change into the right-hand lane. Do a u-turn at the traffic lights (this is Newlands Cross) and head back towards Dublin. Keep in the left-hand lane of the three main lanes, and follow the signs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Thank you so much those directions are fantastic:)

Advertisement