Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playing media from USB mass storage device

• 28-02-2007 1:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭

Has anybody got their 360 to play videos or music from a USB mass storage device, like a flash drive or a external hard drive.

It says on the xbox site that it should work once plugged into one of the usb drives on the front of the xbox,(i didnt even know there was usb ports on the front til i read it online:o) but i cant get the xbox to even recognise that the drive is connected. Ive tried two different external hard drives

Any of you guys got this working properally

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

are you online with your xbox? If not youll need to get the latest update. After that it should recognise most USB flash disks. I palyed a few videos off a 256mb usb key before, its pretty simple to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Do movies have to be converted to a certain file type? Like Mp4 for Ipod/PSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yep - it the Xbox only handles Windows Media formats natively ... WMA / WMV and possibly ASF.

It doesn't do AVI, MPEG or DivX formats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Ok i got the flash drive working, played a movie off it just a while ago. But i still cant get the xbox to recognise my external drive. Any ideas?

BTW i have the latest updates for xbox live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

hdd could possibly need to be formatted to fat 32

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I dunno sorry - my 250GB Seagate Ext drive works fine.
    What type of drive do you have? - shouldn't make a difference though.
    Maybe the format type?
    Is is NTFS of FAT32?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Got there just before me :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Ah crap, my hard drives are nfts formatted. Guess its a no go for me so. Woulda been handy to watch movies off the hd.

On aside, why do ye guys have your external hd formatted in fat32, doesnt that limit you to a 4gb file size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I use my external hdd on mac and linux systems so it made sense for me to use Fat 32. 4gb isn't the max size though, I can't remember which is but i think i've 2 x 60gb fat 32 partitions and a 30 gb ntfs on my external.

Advertisement