Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msc should I even bother??

• 28-02-2007 1:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    A quick question for those who may be in the know since the admin folk in the colleges won't actually respond to emails and phone calls. I've a third class honours in a science subject and by the end of this year (May) will have a Grad dip in Analytical Chemistry. Through various personal circumstances over the years the exam results haven't been great, but the knowledge is there, and has been applied regularly in that I've worked in Pharmaceuticals for the last 2 years. I want to apply to do a Msc in Biomedical sciences in Galway through distance learning, but the minimum entry requirements are a 2.1 primary degree. Would my grad dip count for anything?? I was hoping to use the Msc as a stepping stone to graduate entry medicine. I know that the same circumstances wouldn't affect the Msc, as the cause of them has passed. Is it worth my while even applying??

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's unfortunate that circumstances did that to ya. The best thing to do is to approach the co-ordinator of the course in the department. At postgrad level a lot of the admission process is still quite informal, although it does have to be approved by a programme board. So it might be a good idea to contact somebody in the department and explain the situation - best of luck, and make sure to let us know how you got on for future reference :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

cheers Red Alert, that's some sound advice. Will let ya know how it goes. Cross your fingers :p

Advertisement