Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA Study

• 28-02-2007 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm trying to get my head down and finish my CCNA but am having a hard time doing it. So is anyone out there in the same situation and want to put our heads together and get it over and down with in the next while.

I'm looking either for email, MSN or if in Dublin a few meet-ups to go over bits, ask and try and answer questions etc.

WW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Im actually also looking at doing this shortly, have to sit the exam again and its been over 3 years since I last did it.

I'll certainly join a study group still have my CCNA books but I wont be starting study till Monday week (On Holidays next week).

How far are you along in your study?

What resources are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wobble_Wobble

Using the self study Cisco books and have access to a 1950 switch, and 2 routers, nothing mad, a 837, a 1601 and another can't remember the model right now.

I did the exams a few months ago but failed by 2 points then changed jobs and been playing catch up on that, so now its time to put my head down and get it again.

No problem on the start up....

you in Dublin?

WW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Excellent, thats all you need I think.

Ive access to a lot of routers, concentrators, PIXs etc but most are live. I can also access get some 17xx routers for playing on, from what I remember though I just used the router for getting to know my way around the IOS I didnt actually setup a lab. I plan on using some SIM software to practice labs, not sure which yet though.

Also plan on getting the Cisco Video CDs or the Nuggets.

Based in Dublin too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

ahhh thats a pity id like to do the same but am in clare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rooker7

Hi mate, I hold a couple of Cisco certs and work with the kit as part of my job. In dublin, add me davethemcp@hotmail.com and I will see if I can help at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Doing my CCNA in 2 months with the rest of my class. I use Cisco's online Net Acad and CBT Nuggets (GOLD DUST), Boson Router Simulator and Pass4Sure - soon I will use How2Pass aswell - both of which are test emulators. I have access to three Cisco 2620 routers but they're missing WICs. I'd like to get my hands on 2 switches for the VLAN stuff but can't afford it right now.

May end up taking the exam after the summer which gives me loads of time to study and then going in and murdering it. Anyone after my MSN details PM me.

Advertisement