Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone recommend good Open Source Data Warehousing tools?

• 28-02-2007 9:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭

I'm basically looking for an Open Source Data Warehousing tool, or set of tools that would let me do the following:

- Embedded report writer that would let end users query data using supplied metadata
    - OLAP end user query tool that could process it's own cubes and wasn't DBMS specific.

I have various ActiveX controls that let me do the above at present, but they can be a nightmare to deploy client-side and I want to go fully open-source with a particular project.

Thanks,

DW.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Would be interesting to know whats out there. Have you looked at the Greenplum system? They use a postgres database backed data warehouse. I have never used or even looked at it I might add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Would be interesting to know whats out there. Have you looked at the Greenplum system? They use a postgres database backed data warehouse. I have never used or even looked at it I might add.
    Postgres is not an option I'm afraid.

I'm looking for something that works on a number of different DBMS's, Oracle and MS SQL Server being the two that I'd most favour. A lot of the Open Source solutions just support either Postgres or MySQL, and they aren't options for me unfortunately.

I googled around after making this original post and there's quite a lot of software out there. I'll probably need to spend at least three days digging around the various options and evaluating them against my list of requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Did you find anything to fit your needs?

Advertisement