Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting New Apartmeant

Options
  • 28-02-2007 9:52am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Two friends of mine were told two different stories about painting their appartments.

One was told he could paint it straight away.

The other was told he would have to wait a year.

I'm about to move into mine and I was wondering should I be waiting a year or could I do it straight away?

The only thing I could figure is that you would have to wait a year for it to be paint to let the plaster fully dry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

As far as I remember, six weeks is plenty for internal plaster to go off sufficiently for painting. But you will know by looking at it if it is completely dry. Normally, by the time you take possession of a new build the plaster has been up more that that anyway so "straight away" would probably be the correct answer.

A year is way off the mark for internal painting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

squire1 wrote:

A year is way off the mark for internal painting.

Thats what I thought. Was just interested to hear what people think

Advertisement