Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Icke's Lizards?

• 28-02-2007 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does anyone else think Icke cogged the whole Lizard idea from John Carpenter's 1988 film "They Live"?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭jessop1

I havent seen that film, I hear its great. But the lizard thing goes back thousands of years across numerous cultures of the world and there are a hell of a lot more people than Icke writing about them.

Whether they are lizards, demons, shape shifting aliens or just plain old humans, one thing is for sure, this world is owned and controlled by some very very sick and evil beings and they have been “keeping it in the family” for hundreds if not thousands of years. Icke’s theory on that is that it has to do with maintaining the dna/bloodline through which they can continue to access this dimension - that may sound a bit too far fetched for some but you’d still have to wonder why they are so incessant about their inbreeding.

Bottom line as I see it, this world isn’t so evil and fcuked up just by chance. There are many mechanisms that have been used to covertly manipulate and keep us in bondage and slavery throughout the ages and to this day, the banking and usury systems of the world (owned for the most part entirely by the illuminati bloodlines) are central to this today.

My thruppence :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

jessop1 wrote:
    I havent seen that film, I hear its great. But the lizard thing goes back thousands of years across numerous cultures of the world and there are a hell of a lot more people than Icke writing about them.

Whether they are lizards, demons, shape shifting aliens or just plain old humans, one thing is for sure, this world is owned and controlled by some very very sick and evil beings and they have been “keeping it in the family” for hundreds if not thousands of years. Icke’s theory on that is that it has to do with maintaining the dna/bloodline through which they can continue to access this dimension - that may sound a bit too far fetched for some but you’d still have to wonder why they are so incessant about their inbreeding.

Bottom line as I see it, this world isn’t so evil and fcuked up just by chance. There are many mechanisms that have been used to covertly manipulate and keep us in bondage and slavery throughout the ages and to this day, the banking and usury systems of the world (owned for the most part entirely by the illuminati bloodlines) are central to this today.

My thruppence :D
    Seriously, are you taking the piss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I love what Alex Jones always says about Icke: "In terms of conpiracy theroists, he's like the guy who makes a beautiful bowl of punch for a party then goes and takes a dump right in the middle of it. He mentions the Bilderberg group...fine...The Illuminati....great...the secret cabal of the rich....good...then he brings out the lizards and it's 'plop' time".

I really do give all those guys a shot in my headspace jessop1. Icke, and to a lessor extent Alex Jones, are preeeety light coming up with any evidence to back their claims.

Personally, I'd rather get my worries and paranoia from respected researchers and commentators such as Greg Pallast and Noam Chomsky rather than an ex-Coventry goalkeeper turned Son-of-God and Lizard Finder General.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

jessop1 wrote:
    I havent seen that film, I hear its great.

But you know it's not a documentary right?

I'm really not going to comment on the rest of your post, as it gives an insight into your worldview I imagine your world is a terifying and paranoid place.
    I love what Alex Jones always says about Icke: "In terms of conpiracy theroists, he's like the guy who makes a beautiful bowl of punch for a party then goes and takes a dump right in the middle of it. He mentions the Bilderberg group...fine...The Illuminati....great...the secret cabal of the rich....good...then he brings out the lizards and it's 'plop' time"

You got to admit hearing the guy who thinks the world is run by a cabal of child sacrificing satanists, attacking the guy who thinks the world is run by lizards, and you know you've taken a detour off the road marked "sanity".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Fairies.

They must exist.

They are about the only thing Icke hasn't warned us about , so by a certain reverse logic they must exist.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

ned78 please refrain from such posts in future otherwise ill have to get my ban stick out :)

thanks

Diogenes

thanks for your pointless contribution to this thread. I too wonder about your worldview and your incessant need to debunk everything on this forum. I do wonder what motivates debunkers like you to spend so much time debunking.

Myself, if I think something is BS I wouldnt waste my time discussing it.

My world is not a terrifying and paranoid place, I just acknowledge the undeniable reality that this world IS sick, fcuked up and totally unfair - no amount of pretending or diversion by you or anyone else can change this inescapable reality. The next step is to try and understand why this is...by chance? human nature? no way...the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, this is obviously by design.

and rather than being terrified or paranoid, it is actually quite liberating to wake up and realise the sickness of this reality we live in.. I strongly believe things will be made right in the end somehow.

Dublinwriter - you should read a book or two of Icke's, he actually does provide a lot of credible evidence about the illuminati bloodlines and other more tangible and provable conspiracies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

jessop1 wrote:

My world is not a terrifying and paranoid place, I just acknowledge the undeniable reality that this world IS sick, fcuked up and totally unfair - no amount of pretending or diversion by you or anyone else can change this inescapable reality. The next step is to try and understand why this is...by chance? human nature? no way...the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, this is obviously by design.

and rather than being terrified or paranoid, it is actually quite liberating to wake up and realise the sickness of this reality we live in.. I strongly believe things will be made right in the end somehow.

Read up on Darwins theory of Evolution, or about Richard Dawkin's selfish gene theory - you'll realise nothing has to be fair & exactly why the rich get richer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Well, I've always thought that this universe is teaming with life and that the chances of such life coexisting with ours without our knowledge is possible, after all we are still stupid enough to kill each other because they don't think or look like us. You're hardly going to get a welcome response if you were an alien reptile walking into a local pub, eh?

Still, not my type of interest, I'll only believe THIS story if I see conclusive evidence (IE photos, tapes)(And not The Brandon Corey Story!). One of the rare conspiracy cases I employ skepticism. But then again skepticism is an oxymoronic function...

Read up on Darwins theory of Evolution, or about Richard Dawkin's selfish gene theory - you'll realise nothing has to be fair & exactly why the rich get richer.

These guys tell us they know some of the "how" but what credible evidence can they show us on the "why" the big "why"? from what I can see, by their argument, there isnt a why and what a ridiculous, ignorant and uninformed assertion to make. Blind faith in oblivion is as deluded as blind faith in religion.

• Advertisement

jessop1 wrote:
    These guys tell us they know some of the "how" but what credible evidence can they show us on the "why" the big "why"? from what I can see, by their argument, there isnt a why and what a ridiculous, ignorant and uninformed assertion to make. Blind faith in oblivion is as deluded as blind faith in religion.

I think we're using two different "Why"s here, now I said "why the rich get richer" meaning why rich humans on this planet get richer. I wasn't saying they SHOULD get richer - they just do.

My point being there doesn't need to be a reason. Now I was primarily responding to you saying

"I just acknowledge the undeniable reality that this world IS sick, fcuked up and totally unfair "

Now I ask you - Why should the world be anything other than unfair?

This reminds me of when people ask "What is the meaning of life?"

For some reason they never precede that question with "Is there a meaning of life?"

Now you say These guys tell us they know some of the "how" but what credible evidence can they show us on the "why" the big "why"?

Do you HONESTLY know anything about Darwin's theory of natural selection/evolution or Dawkin's Selfish Gene ? HONESTLY? BE HONEST NOW.... I'm not saying either of them must be true or anything, just I'm skeptical that you know anything about the fundamentals of either theory from the way you're talking

Question: Why does consciousness exist?
    Dawkins/Darwin/You: It just does.

In my book that means "dont know, dont care".

You say there doesnt have to be a reason? prove that there isnt one.

As I've said, blind faith in oblivion is as stupid as blind faith in religion.

Actually if you want to start a new thread I'll be happy to discuss this further with you.

To be honest I think Dawkins is an arsehole. I'm not going to go any further on this in this thread, unless someone makes one *hint hint**Nudge nudge*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

jessop1 wrote:
    I just acknowledge the undeniable reality that this world IS sick, fcuked up and totally unfair - no amount of pretending or diversion by you or anyone else can change this inescapable reality.

With you so far.
    The next step is to try and understand why this is...by chance? human nature? no way...the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, this is obviously by design.
    Why is it obviously by design? I don't see any obvious design there at all. Indeed, I see it as a logical progression - once you acquire an advantage, you are at an advantage making it easier to acquire a greater advantage. ONce you are at a disadvantage, it makes it harder. The natural progression should be that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer as a general trend. It requires the existence of some additional force / quality to prevent this.
    I strongly believe things will be made right in the end somehow.
    A belief which flies in the face of your assertion that the imbalance and injustice you detest is there by design, unless you are also suggesting that its also designed that these imbalances and injustices will go away?

If its designed, then why worry about it...there's nothing we can do, or indeed need to do, which will change things away from the design.
    On the other hand, if its not designed, then you are stating a belief that we have the ability as a species to defy any design which has been imposed on us....which calls into question the original assertion that the injustices of the world are "obviously by design".

How can we not know that the design was for us to be a happy, loving, just society, but we broke from that design and let human nature take us down some terrible injust path???

And how can we distinguish either of these cases from the one which says "there is no design".

It seems that your entire belief is centred around a core which says "humankind is essentially good", which results in a requirement to explain away any evidence to the contrary by assigning it to something other than human nature...some externally-imposed design.

Don't you see that this is then a case of beginning with a conclusion, and then interpreting the evidence so that it doesn't contradict said conclusion. Rather than observe humanity and draw conclusions about it, you have formed an opinion of humanity which requires certain assumptions to be made in order to be correct. You then take these assumptions to be true and...well...its no surprising that when you look at the world in the light fo those assumptions, that it will lead you back the the conclusion you started with!
    Dublinwriter - you should read a book or two of Icke's, he actually does provide a lot of credible evidence about the illuminati bloodlines and other more tangible and provable conspiracies.
    Why not instead recommend reading any of the authors who have done similar research and produced similar findings without also going on to invoke the lizardaliens and so on?

jessop1 wrote:
    Question: Why does consciousness exist?
    Dawkins/Darwin/You: It just does.

In my book that means "dont know, dont care".

Not me, I'd say it exists because it was genetically advantageous to homosapien survival to have consciousness.
    You say there doesnt have to be a reason? prove that there isn't one.

I hold up my hand, I cannot do that. Can you prove there has to be one? No, you can't. A very immature statement may I add
    As I've said, blind faith in oblivion is as stupid as blind faith in religion.

What do you mean here? If it's Darwin's theory you mean by oblivion it's not blind faith on my behalf - there's plenty of evidence to suggest it's true.

I don't think it completely explains our existence either. EG I have no clue how the universe started. Anyway somehow or another it did & when it did I believe homosapiens & every other species of animal/plant/virus etc alive today is here due to natural selection.
    Actually if you want to start a new thread I'll be happy to discuss this further with you.
    To be honest I think Dawkins is an arsehole. I'm not going to go any further on this in this thread, unless someone makes one *hint hint**Nudge nudge*.

I would - I just don't know what to call it nor where to put it!

I would - I just don't know what to call it nor where to put it!

BOS, perhaps the spirituality forum? or humanities... I'm not sure whats most appropriate... either way, its an interesting topic which I'd like to discuss further with you..if you do decide to start a new thread, please post a link from here

cheers :D

Ok, I'm making a thread on Atheism & Agnosticism forums about the no God theory versus God actually existing.

I have spent days arguing to my friends proving God exists and by the end of the argument the just say "Well, I don't care anymore to be honest. It's nothing to do with me.".

Hehehe, "It's nothing to do with me" is kinda funny in my opinion.

Basically, I believe in God, although I am not religious. Not in the slightest. But lately there has been a lot of big-headed accusations regarding God's existence and I think the people who defend the notion of God always tend to be idiotic, American, fundamentalist, evangelic no brainers for whom the best form of defense is "Because I said so". It's time for decisive persuasion.

Hopefully my argument proves a point.

New Thread

So Glad wrote:

I have spent days arguing to my friends proving God exists

truly thou art the philosopher king.

I've looked at the thread So Glad you're starting with the assumption God exists and working backwards, that doesn't prove god exists...

Diogenes wrote:

I've looked at the thread So Glad you're starting with the assumption God exists and working backwards, that doesn't prove god exists...

Ok then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Diogenes wrote:

Was that sarcasm necessary? She/he was just mentioning long discussions about the existance of God she/he had with friends.

I know its teh internets, and we shouldn't read into such things. But this crap really grinds my gears.

As for this thread, i generally try to stray away from those who have alternate and mind boggling stupid theories, such as Icke, Alex Jones and his NWO bull and the star wars program and mini nuke bullcrap on the 9/11 truth page. What a crock of shíte.

Was that sarcasm necessary? She/he was just mentioning long discussions about the existance of God she/he had with friends.

I know its teh internets, and we shouldn't read into such things. But this crap really grinds my gears.

Its the arrogance actually that grinds my gears. So Glad hasn't "proved" God exists, he's not dipped his hand into a top hat and puckled out god by the ears like a rabbit. He's laid out his idea, about why he thinks god exists. Thats not proof. Claiming he's proven God exists is a mockery of the concept of proof.

Diogenes wrote:
    Its the arrogance actually that grinds my gears. So Glad hasn't "proved" God exists, he's not dipped his hand into a top hat and puckled out god by the ears like a rabbit. He's laid out his idea, about why he thinks god exists. Thats not proof. Claiming he's proven God exists is a mockery of the concept of proof.

Ok, I'll reword things from now on.

I'm sorry I have caused such pain in your lifetime Diogenes.

Good luck with yourself.

As for this thread, i generally try to stray away from those who have alternate and mind boggling stupid theories, such as Icke, Alex Jones and his NWO bull and the star wars program and mini nuke bullcrap on the 9/11 truth page. What a crock of shíte.

The way me and my friends go about it is I support the "God exists" side (simply because I feel that way and because nobody supports that side anymore) and my other friends the other side, and we talk about it for ages. What we've talked about (Some of it) I've written in that thread. You don't need to take it in, I'm just expressing my mind, which I have every right to. I am not trying to get people to worship God, I'm trying to get people to acknowledge it and not go through their lives in a self centered way. Which is what I am seeing with people so often.

Anyways, we are going off-topic. Diogenes if you want to lash out at me some more do it on the thread I specifically started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

The sad part for me is that Icke has some very interesting valid points to make.

One example that springs to mind is something myself and a friend discovered about 7 years ago called the Project for the New American Century (a quick google will bring you to their site which boasts a wealth of information on the USAs future foreign policy).

Then he goes and debunks it all by waffling on about a group of 7 foot tall blood drinking, shape shifting, inbreeding reptiles. Sigh.

ianmc38 wrote:
    The sad part for me is that Icke has some very interesting valid points to make.

One example that springs to mind is something myself and a friend discovered about 7 years ago called the Project for the New American Century (a quick google will bring you to their site which boasts a wealth of information on the USAs future foreign policy).

Then he goes and debunks it all by waffling on about a group of 7 foot tall blood drinking, shape shifting, inbreeding reptiles. Sigh.

I submit Ian yourself and your mate arent Woodward and Bernstein, by "discovered" you mean "read somwhere on the internet"

Ian if you actually shift through this forum you'll see the PNAC is discussed extensively, how when it discusses the concept of a "new pearl habour" it is talking about IT practices etc.

One must obviously ask the question, why would a NWO global cobal declassify their plans? Unless they were engaging in atypical bond villian behaviour of exposing their plans to the hero to show how it can be foiled.

Diogenes wrote:
    Ian if you actually shift through this forum you'll see the PNAC is discussed extensively, how when it discusses the concept of a "new pearl habour" it is talking about IT practices etc.

By "etc" do you mean military defence budgets? They do a lot of budget talk in the "CREATING TOMORROW’S DOMINANT FORCE" section in the same two pages as that infamous quote.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf
    Pg 62/90 in PDF
    Moreover, the Pentagon, constrained by limited budgets and pressing current missions, has seen funding for experimentation and transformation crowded out in recent years. Spending on military research and development has been reduced dramatically over the past decade. Indeed, during the mid-1980’s, when the Defense Department was in the midst of the Reagan buildup which was primarily an effort to
    expand existing forces and field traditional weapons systems, research spending represented 20 percent of total Pentagon budgets.

By contrast, today’s research and development accounts total only 8 percent of defense spending. And even this reduced total is primarily for upgrades of current weapons. Without increased spending on basic research and development the United States will be unable to exploit the RMA and preserve its technological edge on future battlefields.

Any serious effort at transformation must occur within the larger framework of U.S. national security strategy, military missions and defense budgets. The United States cannot simply declare a “strategic pause” while experimenting with new technologies and operational concepts. Nor
    can it choose to pursue a transformation strategy that would decouple American and allied interests.

A transformation strategy that solely pursued capabilities for projecting force from the United States, for example, and sacrificed forward basing and presence, would be at odds with larger American policy goals and would trouble American allies. Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor.

Domestic politics and industrial policy will shape the pace and
    content of transformation as much as the requirements of current missions. A decision to suspend or terminate aircraft
    carrier production, as recommended by this report and as justified by the clear direction of military technology, will cause great
    upheaval.

Likewise, systems entering production today – the F-22 fighter, for
    example – will be in service inventories for decades to come. Wise management of this process will consist in large measure of
    figuring out the right moments to halt production of current-paradigm weapons and shift to radically new designs.

The expense associated with some programs can make them roadblocks to the larger process of transformation – the Joint Strike Fighter
    program, at a total of approximately $200 billion, seems an unwise investment. Thus, this report advocates a two-stage process of
    change – transition and transformation –over the coming decades.

In general, to maintain American military preeminence that is consistent with the requirements of a strategy of American global leadership, tomorrow’s U.S. armed forces must meet three new missions:

• Global missile defenses. A network
    against limited strikes, capable of protecting the United States, its allies
    and forward-deployed forces, must be constructed. This must be a layered system of land, sea, air and spacebased components.

• Control of space and cyberspace.
    Much as control of the high seas – and the protection of international
    commerce – defined global powers in the past, so will control of the new
    “international commons” be a key to world power in the future. An
    America incapable of protecting its interests or that of its allies in space
    or the “infosphere” will find it difficult to exert global political
    leadership.

• Pursuing a two-stage strategy for of
    transforming conventional forces. In exploiting the “revolution in military
    affairs,” the Pentagon must be driven by the enduring missions for U.S.
    forces. This process will have two stages: transition, featuring a mix of
    current and new systems; and true transformation, featuring new
    systems, organizations and operational concepts. This process
    must take a competitive approach, with services and joint-service
    operations competing for new roles and missions.

Any successful process of transformation must be linked to
    the services, which are the institutions within the Defense Department with the ability and the responsibility for linking budgets and resources to
    specific missions.

Now, do i "really" believe that the Neocon's plotted the whole 9/11 thing? No.... but they got what they were hoping for (in this case).

The main reasoning (one would conclude) for the "pearl harbour" bit/quote is to increase military budget spending.

Sorry for the long post.

I know this is continuing off-topic. Maybe we should move this to a seperate thread...but in the meantime...
    Now, do i "really" believe that the Neocon's plotted the whole 9/11 thing? No.... but they got what they were hoping for (in this case).

Did they?
    The main reasoning (one would conclude) for the "pearl harbour" bit/quote is to increase military budget spending.

I'm unconvinced.

The PNAC report sets out a long term plan. As well as setting it out, it explains why it has to be long term. One of the most reasons offered is that barring a major, unforseeable, catalytic event, these things take time.

Now...if we assume that the authors wanted a short-term plan (whether or not they had anything to do with 9/11), then why didn't they cover their bases a bit better? Why didn't they stress that their plan could work in the short-term just as well as the long term, rather than strressing that this plan was looking only at the long term because thats all it had to do and that with all of these issues, timing was crucial, as were the various transition phases.

I don't understand how one can read a document which says "here's our long-term plan, which will take decades to do right" and conclude that what's really being said is "here's what we'd like to as quickly as possible but we'd need a Pearl Harbour to do that so unfortunately its going to take longer".

Not one sentence (that I'm aware of) in the document suggests that the PNAC-advocated transformational strategy can work if implemented in a rush. If anything, it goes out of its way time and time again to stress how the change must be carefully implemented, over time, in order to avoid causing the very type of problem that its trying to avoid.

To me, the Pearl Harbour comment should be more read along the lines of "This is the strategy we should follow over the comind decades, barring an event which completely changes the playing field, in which case all bets are off".

Besides...if anything, 9/11 itself isn't a Pearl Harbour. If there is one thing which will have a major effect on US miltiary structure in coming decades, its not that someone managed to put planes into buildings in September 2001, but rather that an ill-equipped collection of guerilla forces were able to hold their own against the US army by changing the rules of warfare.

Yes, 9/11 was the trigger that ultimately brought the US there, but I find it hard to believe that the PNAC wanted to ensure a continuing American dominance by getting into a war they knew they would lose, in order to quickly implement a transformation they said themselves would take decades to do right.

So like I asked at the top...did they really get what they wanted?

bonkey wrote:
    I know this is continuing off-topic. Maybe we should move this to a seperate thread...but in the meantime...

Well, i dont mean to be a prat to the OP, and this is just my opionion, but i dont think anyone who could take this icke guy seriously, even if its a case that he has been "right" in a few of his pre-diddly ictions.

Bonkey wrote:
    Did they?
    I'm unconvinced.

bud.JPG

Taken from here.
    By contrast, today’s research and development accounts total only 8 percent of defense spending. And even this reduced total is primarily for upgrades of current weapons. Without increased spending on basic research and development the United States will be unable to exploit the RMA and preserve its technological edge on future battlefields.

Research and development has gone up in recent times. Got what they wanted there, thats if the wiki entry is correct.
    Bonkey wrote:
    The PNAC report sets out a long term plan. As well as setting it out, it explains why it has to be long term. One of the most reasons offered is that barring a major, unforseeable, catalytic event, these things take time.
    Indeed they do. And indeed it was a long term plan, in the budget context im using, that time has been dramatically shortened. While i do not advocate the line that the PNAC were responsible for 9/11, their ideas certainly benifited.
    Bonkey wrote:
    Now...if we assume that the authors wanted a short-term plan (whether or not they had anything to do with 9/11), then why didn't they cover their bases a bit better? Why didn't they stress that their plan could work in the short-term just as well as the long term, rather than strressing that this plan was looking only at the long term because thats all it had to do and that with all of these issues, timing was crucial, as were the various transition phases.

Maybe it was only looking at the long term because thats all it was able to to do.
    Bonkey wrote:
    I don't understand how one can read a document which says "here's our long-term plan, which will take decades to do right" and conclude that what's really being said is "here's what we'd like to as quickly as possible but we'd need a Pearl Harbour to do that so unfortunately its going to take longer".
    Wiki wrote:

PNAC report: Rebuilding America's Defenses

In September 2000, the PNAC issued a 90-page report entitled Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategies, Forces, and Resources For A New Century,[8] proceeding "from the belief that America should seek to preserve and extend its position of global leadership by maintaining the preeminence of U.S. military forces." The report has been the subject of much analysis and criticism.

The group states that when diplomacy or sanctions fail, the United States must be prepared to take military action. PNAC argues that the current Cold War deployment of forces is obsolete. Defense spending and force deployment must reflect the post-Cold War duties that US forces are obligated to perform. Constabulary duties such as peacekeeping in the Balkans and the enforcement of the No Fly Zones in Iraq have put a strain upon, and reduced the readiness of US forces.

The PNAC recommends the forward redeployment of US forces at new strategically placed permanent military bases in Southeast Europe and Southeast Asia. Permanent bases ease the strain on US forces, allowing readiness to be maintained and the carrier fleet to be reduced.

Furthermore, PNAC advocates that the US-globalized military should be enlarged, equipped and restructured for the "constabulary" roles associated with shaping the security in critical regions of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pnac

"The group states that when diplomacy or sanctions fail, the United States must be prepared to take military action"

What? So basically when any country disagrees with or argues against America, they enforce sanctions on them.
    When this fails, military action.

Now, what have we seen with Iraq? Sanctions long imposed, disagreeing dictatorship, sanctions dont work on the diplomatic side of things.

Now, these sanctions are set by the UN.
    Wiki PNAC wrote:

Position on the Iraq invasion and occupation:

In 1998, following perceived Iraqi unwillingness to co-operate with UN weapons inspections, members of the PNAC, including former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz, wrote to President Bill Clinton urging him to remove Saddam Hussein from power using US diplomatic, political and military power.

The letter argued that Saddam would pose a threat to the United States, its Middle East allies and oil resources in the region if he succeeded in maintaining his stockpile of Weapons of Mass Destruction. The letter also stated "we can no longer depend on our partners in the Gulf War to continue to uphold the sanctions or to punish Saddam when he blocks or evades UN inspections" and "American policy cannot continue to be crippled by a misguided insistence on unanimity in the UN Security Council." The letter argues that an Iraq war would be justified by Hussein's defiance of UN "containment" policy and his persistent threat to US interests.

PNAC, or some of its radical members and founders, doesnt think American policy should continue to follow or be a part of the UN.
    On September 16, 2004 Kofi Annan, the Secretary General of the United Nations, speaking on the invasion, said, "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal."

Prior to the Iraq war it was said that Saddam had ties to Al-Queda, the public were at-odds on this information and the stench of bullshít filled the air.

Some would say the "WMD" idea came from Neocon thinking, as most of the members were in the Bush Administration at the time. However misguided and unverified this information was they still shat it down your throat.

Nevermind the music, listen to what they say. This isnt a conspiricy video BTW.
    Wiki PNAC wrote:
    The 2000 Rebuilding America's Defenses report recommends improved planning. The report states that "while the unresolved conflict in Iraq provides the immediate justification [for US military presence], the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein" and "Over the long term, Iran may well prove as large a threat to U.S. interests in the Gulf as Iraq has. And even should U.S.-Iranian relations improve, retaining forward-based forces in the region would still be an essential element in U.S. security strategy given the longstanding American interests in the region"

One of the core missions outlined in the 2000 report Rebuilding America's Defenses is "fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars;" After the September 11, 2001 attacks, the United States invaded Afghanistan because Osama bin Laden had taken refuge there and the administration held him responsible for the September 11, 2001 attacks. In March 2003, the United States invaded Iraq citing multiple grounds.

Lets hope the next term isn't held by one of these wackjobs.
    Bonkey wrote:
    Not one sentence (that I'm aware of) in the document suggests that the PNAC-advocated transformational strategy can work if implemented in a rush. If anything, it goes out of its way time and time again to stress how the change must be carefully implemented, over time, in order to avoid causing the very type of problem that its trying to avoid.

If one of the core missions is to "fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars", they are achieving this, in my opionion, with outright lies and information subversion.

All that document needs to be at this stage is a draft plan, the playing field is a lot different these days.
    On May 1, 2003, President Bush staged a dramatic visit to the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln while the ship was a few miles west of San Diego. The Lincoln was on its way home to Everett, Washington from a long deployment which had included service in the Persian Gulf. The visit climaxed at sunset with his now well-known "Mission Accomplished" speech.

Well really, using neocon reasoning he should have said "one of many to come ....core missions accomplished"! Thats if the current Administrations members, ideals and powers remain.
    Bonkey wrote:
    To me, the Pearl Harbour comment should be more read along the lines of "This is the strategy we should follow over the comind decades, barring an event which completely changes the playing field, in which case all bets are off".

It doesn't seem that way now.
    Neocon Strategy/Plan Gains since the event:
    • Dominant Military Budget, in general and in R&D. In fact the second highest general military budget in 2006 was held by the Peoples Republic of China with $62.5BN, the United States spends $69.5BN in R&D alone in 2006. Link as above.
    • Iraq and Afghanistan as potential permanent military bases.
    • Iran:"Over the long term, Iran may well prove as large a threat to U.S. interests in the Gulf as Iraq has. And even should U.S.-Iranian relations improve, retaining forward-based forces in the region would still be an essential element in U.S. security strategy given the longstanding American interests in the region".
    • Defiance of the UN: They know now what they can and cannot get away with. Who in their right mind would challenge the US in its current state? All the UN can do is send an angwy letter or, as Kofi did, do a little speech detailing the "suppossed" illegalities.
    Im sure theres more, but this reply is getting a bit confusing ATM.
    Heres a gem.
    Wiki PNAC wrote:
    Critics will often quote another excerpt from the document, "...advanced forms of biological warfare that can target specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool", as evidence of a violently racist lean since certain populations (i.e. Iranian Muslims vs. Saudi Arabs) will carry higher frequencies of a certain genotype, a biological weapon that is only active in that particular genotype will target one race over another.

This occurs via "race-specific elicitors" produced by the pathogen which are only operational in certain host genotypes. Both Israel and South Africa before the end of apartheid also researched such race-specific biological weapons, without success.
    Bonkey wrote:
    Besides...if anything, 9/11 itself isn't a Pearl Harbour. If there is one thing which will have a major effect on US miltiary structure in coming decades, its not that someone managed to put planes into buildings in September 2001, but rather that an ill-equipped collection of guerilla forces were able to hold their own against the US army by changing the rules of warfare.

Yes, 9/11 was the trigger that ultimately brought the US there, but I find it hard to believe that the PNAC wanted to ensure a continuing American dominance by getting into a war they knew they would lose, in order to quickly implement a transformation they said themselves would take decades to do right.

So like I asked at the top...did they really get what they wanted?

Yes! You may dispute this, but i think they really did. Again i do not advocate the Neocons having something to do with 9/11 thing. But the "process of transformation" is taking large, large strides.

Edit: Im sorry if i did not answer your questions directly, i just want you to know where im coming from. Regardless of what i think of this thread topic, i dont want to drag it off topic (anymore).

The point i am trying to make is that it would seem that neocon thinking has come a long way, as has thier ideals. And lot of people are on their side. Corporate media included.

• Advertisement

Indeed they do. And indeed it was a long term plan, in the budget context im using, that time has been dramatically shortened. While i do not advocate the line that the PNAC were responsible for 9/11, their ideas certainly benifited.

Again cynically I could point out they would have been benefiting naturally from being involved with the current US administration.
    Maybe it was only looking at the long term because thats all it was able to to do.

Speculative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pnac

"The group states that when diplomacy or sanctions fail, the United States must be prepared to take military action"

What? So basically when any country disagrees with or argues against America, they enforce sanctions on them.
    When this fails, military action.

What do you mean by disagree. I think they are saying that they would us military as a last resort.
    Now, what have we seen with Iraq? Sanctions long imposed, disagreeing dictatorship, sanctions dont work on the diplomatic side of things.

Now, these sanctions are set by the UN.

So?
    PNAC, or some of its radical members and founders, doesnt think American policy should continue to follow or be a part of the UN.

Who?
    Prior to the Iraq war it was said that Saddam had ties to Al-Queda, the public were at-odds on this information and the stench of bullshít filled the air.

Some would say the "WMD" idea came from Neocon thinking, as most of the members were in the Bush Administration at the time. However misguided and unverified this information was they still shat it down your throat.

Nevermind the music, listen to what they say. This isnt a conspiricy video BTW.

So Nick, I hate to break it to you were are aware they lied in the run up to the war.
    Lets hope the next term isn't held by one of these wackjobs.

Yes.
    If one of the core missions is to "fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars", they are achieving this, in my opionion, with outright lies and information subversion.

How? Seriously? How, two years on the Taliban are uprising and Iraq is a state? Who's lying, and how is this working?

It doesn't seem that way now.
    Neocon Strategy/Plan Gains since the event:
    • Dominant Military Budget, in general and in R&D. In fact the second highest general military budget in 2006 was held by the Peoples Republic of China with $62.5BN, the United States spends $69.5BN in R&D alone in 2006. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

Nick. THe United States has consistently had the largest military budget, for over 70 years.
    Military_budget_of_the_United_States"]Link[/URL] as above.
    • Iraq and Afghanistan as potential permanent military bases.

Because the current ventures are just going tip top at the mo?

Yes! You may dispute this, but i think they really did. Again i do not advocate the Neocons having something to do with 9/11 thing. But the "process of transformation" is taking large, large strides.

Yes they took advantage? So. What does this prove?
      The point i am trying to make is that it would seem that neocon thinking has come a long way, as has thier ideals. And lot of people are on their side. Corporate media included.

Aside from Fox?

Diogenes wrote:
      What do you mean by disagree. I think they are saying that they would us military as a last resort.
      I say disagree as in the whole WMD thing.
      So?
      Please read the post. And the quote underneath that bit you are questioning.
      In 1998, following perceived Iraqi unwillingness to co-operate with UN weapons inspections, members of the PNAC, including former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz, wrote to President Bill Clinton urging him to remove Saddam Hussein from power using US diplomatic, political and military power.

The letter argued that Saddam would pose a threat to the United States, its Middle East allies and oil resources in the region if he succeeded in maintaining his stockpile of Weapons of Mass Destruction. The letter also stated "we can no longer depend on our partners in the Gulf War to continue to uphold the sanctions or to punish Saddam when he blocks or evades UN inspections" and "American policy cannot continue to be crippled by a misguided insistence on unanimity in the UN Security Council." The letter argues that an Iraq war would be justified by Hussein's defiance of UN "containment" policy and his persistent threat to US interests.
      Diogenes wrote:
      Who?
      Again, read the post,

members of the PNAC, including former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz
      Diogenes wrote:
      So Nick, I hate to break it to you were are aware they lied in the run up to the war.

Yeah, that seems to be common knowledge, but it is the way they do it and who is involved with the obvious scaremongering. And whose ideas it benefits.
      Diogenes wrote:
      How? Seriously? How, two years on the Taliban are uprising and Iraq is a state? Who's lying, and how is this working?
      Im talking about the lying done in the run up to the war. And in terms of fight and win, it is not working, but they still have the bases and the strategic locations for whatever else they want to get involved in.

And, the rhetoric has not stopped. The US are still there, and Bush will Veto a resolution that pulls the US forces out of there within next year. He doesn't give a fúck about the Iraqi people, he/they care about the location and long term economic benefits of being there. And of course the billions involved in developing and maintaing the military.

Nick. THe United States has consistently had the largest military budget, for over 70 years.

Yes, but its getting out of hand now.
      us-spending-1998-2008.png
      http://www.globalissues.org/Geopolitics/ArmsTrade/Spending.asp
      While the United States now spends more on defense than the rest of the world combined, some people argue that it's necessary to promote democracy around the world. Other groups, such as the Borgen Project have pointed out that much of that spending is wasted by contractors. The organization also points out that the U.S. gives more to its largest military contractor (Lockheed $22 billion a year) than is needed to end world hunger (World Bank estimates $19 billion a year).
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget

Sorry for quoting so many wiki sources.
      The recent invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan are funded outside the Federal Budget (through supplementary spending bills), so they are not included in the military budget figures listed above.[8] In addition, the United States has black budget military spending which is not listed as Federal spending and is not included in published military spending figures. Other military-related items, like maintenance of the nuclear arsenal and the money spent by the Veterans Affairs Department, are not included in the official budget. Thus, the total amount spent by the United States on military spending is significantly higher, if one considers these other expenses to be military spending
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_military_budget
      Diogenes wrote:
      Yes they took advantage? So. What does this prove?

I was originally suggesting that by the "Pearl Harbour" quote was inspired by the times military spending on information technology and R&D.

In this context it would seem that prediction turned out to be right.
      diogenes wrote:
      Aside from Fox?
      Murdoch's publications worldwide tend to adopt conservative views. During the buildup to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, all 175 Murdoch-owned newspapers worldwide editorialized in favor of the war. [11] Murdoch also served on the board of directors of the libertarian Cato Institute.
      On May 9, 2006, the Financial Times reported that Murdoch would be hosting a fundraiser for Senator Hillary Clinton's Senate reelection campaign. Murdoch's New York Post newspaper opposed Hillary's Senate run in 2000.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch

Yeah, that seems to be common knowledge, but it is the way they do it and who is involved with the obvious scaremongering. And whose ideas it benefits.

Nick as often I'm utterly baffled as to what exact point you are trying to make, and often think your posts would be more suitable to politics.

The traditional CT claim is that the PNAC is "proof" they planned this. You're arguing (I think) that they've benefited from this. Not to be funny but seeing as many members of the current US administration helped draft the PNAC, they were always going to benefit from Bush's administration. 911 or not. They got to draft policy and decide how budgets are drawn up, they would have got to done so, whether 911 happened or not.
      Im talking about the lying done in the run up to the war.

Again nick I'm really struggling to see your point. How is this relevant to the PNAC?
      And in terms of fight and win, it is not working, but they still have the bases and the strategic locations for whatever else they want to get involved in.

Yeah I'm just reminded of the footage of the current secretary general cowering after a motar strike in Iraq.

These bases are under siege. This weekend, I was talking to a journalist just back from Iraq. All transport between bases, is done at night. By helicopter. Thats not a strategy location. You cannot use something like this to launch or base anything.
      And, the rhetoric has not stopped. The US are still there, and Bush will Veto a resolution that pulls the US forces out of there within next year. He doesn't give a fúck about the Iraqi people, he/they care about the location and long term economic benefits of being there. And of course the billions involved in developing and maintaing the military.

And he gets to do this for another what? 18 months?

Yes, but its getting out of hand now.
      us-spending-1998-2008.png
      http://www.globalissues.org/Geopolitics/ArmsTrade/Spending.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget

Sorry for quoting so many wiki sources.

But its always been this bad. The thing thats missing from your stats is the USSR. Which evenly matched the US's spending for decades. Theres no one to match it now. On no wait there's china.

The simple fact is you need to see the size and GNP of the other 17.
      I was originally suggesting that by the "Pearl Harbour" quote was inspired by the times military spending on information technology and R&D.

In this context it would seem that prediction turned out to be right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch

Okay again Nick whats your point? That the PNAC, used the events of 911 to justify impelmenting their policy?

How is this a conspiracy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Diogenes wrote:
      I submit Ian yourself and your mate arent Woodward and Bernstein, by "discovered" you mean "read somwhere on the internet"

One must obviously ask the question, why would a NWO global cobal declassify their plans? Unless they were engaging in atypical bond villian behaviour of exposing their plans to the hero to show how it can be foiled.

I never said PNAC is a conspiracy. It's a think tank who's members include various politicans, reknowned businessmen with positions on the boards of various large US corporations (including all the obvious ones) as well as various others who could viably ahve an interest in US foregin policy.

They've hardly set it up for a bit of skit to discuss IT.

ianmc38 wrote:
      I never said PNAC is a conspiracy. It's a think tank who's members include various politicans, reknowned businessmen with positions on the boards of various large US corporations (including all the obvious ones) as well as various others who could viably ahve an interest in US foregin policy.

They've hardly set it up for a bit of skit to discuss IT.

The Project for a New American Century is Neo Con think tank. You'll find organisations like this on both sides of the pollitcal divide, (and indeed) straddling all the political spectrum. They write papers and try to infulence government policy in all manners and areas. Some are NGOs some are financed by corporations, some by universities.

I don't think theres anything sinister in partical about the PNAC, the paper is a discussion on changes in military expenditure, and the evolution of the military into a 21st century fighting force.

Why do you think it is so sinister?

Diogenes wrote:
      Nick as often I'm utterly baffled as to what exact point you are trying to make, and often think your posts would be more suitable to politics.

My original point to Bonkey and yourself, was that that pearl harbour quote was directed at the military budget. Bonkey disagreed, as you can read above, and i was trying to let him see it the way i saw it, citing examples.

Yes, the posts were kind of politically orientated.
      Diogenes wrote:
      The traditional CT claim is that the PNAC is "proof" they planned this. You're arguing (I think) that they've benefited from this. Not to be funny but seeing as many members of the current US administration helped draft the PNAC, they were always going to benefit from Bush's administration. 911 or not. They got to draft policy and decide how budgets are drawn up, they would have got to done so, whether 911 happened or not.

I agree.

Diogenes wrote:
      Again nick I'm really struggling to see your point. How is this relevant to the PNAC?

It wasnt, it was relevant in the discussion Bonkey and myself were having about the quote in the PNAC.
      Diogenes wrote:
      Yeah I'm just reminded of the footage of the current secretary general cowering after a motar strike in Iraq.

These bases are under siege. This weekend, I was talking to a journalist just back from Iraq. All transport between bases, is done at night. By helicopter. Thats not a strategy location. You cannot use something like this to launch or base anything.

Fair enough, but i still maintain thats whats what the original plan was, location in the Middle East, beside Iran, however voilent the resulting months and years after the "Mission Accomplished" speech were.
      Diogenes wrote:
      And he gets to do this for another what? 18 months?
      Wait and see. (other PNAC/neocon, member/influence)
      Diogenes wrote:
      But its always been this bad. The thing thats missing from your stats is the USSR. Which evenly matched the US's spending for decades. Theres no one to match it now. On no wait there's china.

The simple fact is you need to see the size and GNP of the other 17.

Were not talking decades, we are talking about since 9/11 and how no one could match the current budget.. (since the PNAC heads gots teh powers!)

And for the other 17 you should visit this page.

As for the Soviet Union, well that was dissolved in 91.

Go here, redirected from here.
      Wiki wrote:
      The current (2005) United States military budget is larger than the military budgets of the next fourteen biggest spenders combined, and over eight times larger than the official military budget of China.
      Diogenes wrote:
      Okay again Nick whats your point? That the PNAC, used the events of 911 to justify impelmenting their policy?

How is this a conspiracy?

Nope, my point was that members of the PNAC are bad, bad ássholes and that the context of the "Pearl Harbour" quote was used in the Military budget sense, which Bonkey and myself disagreed on initially.

Edit: Call me Ed! I should request a Username change actually. Hmmm

• Advertisement

Fair enough, but i still maintain thats whats what the original plan was, location in the Middle East, beside Iran, however voilent the resulting months and years after the "Mission Accomplished" speech were.

Thats not something you've proven.
      Wait and see. (other PNAC/neocon, member/influence)

If you're looking for another Neocon in the whitehouse you're going aganist the grain, The Neocon star is waning, Rumsfeld is out on his ass, Cheney (arguably the most powerful vice president in US history) sphere of infulence is shrinking, republican frontrunner canditates, are anything but Neo Con.
      Were not talking decades, we are talking about since 9/11 and how no one could match the current budget.. (since the PNAC heads gots teh powers!)

And for the other 17 you should visit this page.

As for the Soviet Union, well that was dissolved in 91.

With respect Nick US military spenditure didn't nosedive in 92, the US has consistently had consistently the worlds highest military budget in the period 91-2001. Suggesting that the Neo Con's changed this policy in 2001 is specious. If anyone was in the whitehouse on september 11th of course they'd have increased military expenditure in the wake of the 911 attacks. Be it Mc Cain, Bush or Gore. They'd have had to spend more money. Suggesting that is primarily the fault of the PNAC for an increase in military expenditure is thinking in a vaccum.
      Go here, redirected from here.

Again Nick, so? It's been like that for decades. However during the cold war the USSR was also spending a fortune on it's military in the absence of the USSR the US's military expenditure is going to seem golaith like. Nick again, you're not looking at the historical aspect, the US's military budget has for the past 50 years been out of proportion with the rest of the planet.

911 didn't change that, and the PNAC didn't change that. Claiming that this is new thinking on the PNACs part just isn't true.

Nope, my point was that members of the PNAC are bad, bad ássholes

Why are they "bad bad assholes"?
      and that the context of the "Pearl Harbour" quote was used in the Military budget sense, which Bonkey and myself disagreed on initially.

Nick I often think that you're trying to make a point better suited to politics rather than conspiracy theories.

Diogenes wrote:
      Thats not something you've proven.

I dont need to, when im "maintaining" something, it could mean that im of that opinion.
      Diogenes wrote:
      If you're looking for another Neocon in the whitehouse you're going aganist the grain, The Neocon star is waning, Rumsfeld is out on his ass, Cheney (arguably the most powerful vice president in US history) sphere of infulence is shrinking, republican frontrunner canditates, are anything but Neo Con.
      The neocon ideals have gotten Bush in the last two terms. Its obvious that silly cnut should never have been in there in the first place. The scary Buzzwords, outright lies, and the foreign policys worked, for a time, and a large proportion of Americans went along with it. Media in tow.

The ideals of the next party will, IN MY OPINION, be similar. US interests come first when the US is the dominant superpower ATM. Yes that may be a wacky sentance but it still remains my opinion.
      Diogenes wrote:
      With respect Nick US military spenditure didn't nosedive in 92, the US has consistently had consistently the worlds highest military budget in the period 91-2001. Suggesting that the Neo Con's changed this policy in 2001 is specious. If anyone was in the whitehouse on september 11th of course they'd have increased military expenditure in the wake of the 911 attacks. Be it Mc Cain, Bush or Gore. They'd have had to spend more money. Suggesting that is primarily the fault of the PNAC for an increase in military expenditure is thinking in a vaccum.

The PNAC ideals contibuted to the esculating tensions in Iraq, they lied and blamed it on bad intellegence. "Saddam - Bin Laden, of course they are tied with with each other, we have proof. And the mobile chemical labs, heres a picture and a diagram". All lies.

I do agree that anyone would have increased military expenditure but they would have seperated their fecking facts with their lies before making a shiite of a country.

Look at the budget now. Its massive. And i did not suggest that the PNAC was the primary cause for esculation, they merely fuelled the fire/greed/idiocraty.
      While the United States now spends more on defense than the rest of the world combined, The U.S. Department of Defense argues that it's necessary to promote democracy around the world. Other groups, such as the Borgen Project have pointed out that much of that spending is wasted by contractors. The organization also points out that the U.S. gives more to its largest military contractor (Lockheed $22 billion a year) than is needed to end world hunger (World Bank estimates $19 billion a year).
      Am i missing something, do you think that they should be forcing democracy around the world? Do you think they should be spending $522.00BN in one year on all of this? Maybe they should spend that bringing the suppossed guilty party to justice other than making a shiite of the rest of the world and changing the priorities. Do you really believe that, Iraqi Citizens, US, British and the other coalition members should have to die because of outright lies?
      Diogenes wrote:
      Again Nick, so? It's been like that for decades. However during the cold war the USSR was also spending a fortune on it's military in the absence of the USSR the US's military expenditure is going to seem golaith like. Nick again, you're not looking at the historical aspect, the US's military budget has for the past 50 years been out of proportion with the rest of the planet.

911 didn't change that, and the PNAC didn't change that. Claiming that this is new thinking on the PNACs part just isn't true.

Oh yeah i forgot, the Cold War is exactly like this one, with the WMD's and all. NO, theres no superpower like the USSR here, theres no spies gathering information, theres no WMDs or ties to Bin Laden and theres no valid reason why that budget should be that big right now.
      Diogenes wrote:
      Why are they "bad bad assholes"?
      Obviously either you didnt read my previous PNAC quotes, are nitpicking everything i say for the craic or you agree with their ideals, so im not going to waste my time on this either way.
      Diogenes wrote:
      Nick I often think that you're trying to make a point better suited to politics rather than conspiracy theories.
      Yes, yes i am, and you took me up on my original point and resorted to this current converstaion, which had nothing to do with my original point/argument/disagreement with Bonkey and the thread is derailed now.

And whatever my opinions may be about the PNAC, my opinion on that particular Pearl Harbour quote still stands, it was in the context of the budget, and nothing else.

Nope, my point was that members of the PNAC are bad, bad ássholes and that the context of the "Pearl Harbour" quote was used in the Military budget sense, which Bonkey and myself disagreed on initially.
      Don't get me wrong here....I agree pretty-much entirely with your assessment of the members of PNAC. They're not nice people.

What I disagreed with was the notion that their Pearl Harbour comment was significant.

People like the guys in PNAC are used to turning a situation to their advantage. If the Democrats win the next Presidential election, the neo-cons will stop thinking "how do we advance our plans, now that we're in power" and will start thinking something like "how do we limit Democrat reform, and make sure that they fall out of power as hard a possible, putting us back in for another long stint".

The greatest political minds are the ones who will always ask, as one of the first questions regarding any situation, "how can I use this".

If someone read the PNAC document on September 10th, 2001, then there would have been no question but that they were advocating a long-term strategy. That the world drastically changed was unforseen (or so I would contend). That the PNAC could and would readjust to such radical change...well...that's a given, really.

Ed it is, then.

I dont believe the quote was really that significant either. :P

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement