Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sharon ni Bheolan loses voice during 6.1 news

• 28-02-2007 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Was watching 6.1 news last night with Sharon and Dobbo on newsreading duties. Sharon was reading a report while footage was being shown. Midway through the report her voice seemed to cut out almost like what happens when you swallow something and it "goes down the wrong way". Very uncomfortable for anyone who's experienced it. There was silence for a few seconds as the footage continued to run and then Dobbo took over the next story. I had to leave about 5 minutes later but from what I saw Brian read the rest of the news on his own.

Anyone else see it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I remember the same thing happening to Anna Ford on the BBC 1 o'clock news a couple of years ago. Her voice didnt go completly, but its was failing badly. As she was reading the news by herself, she had to wait until another newsreader appeared on.

Advertisement