Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 3347 , Hamachi , Company of heroes

Options
  • 28-02-2007 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Hoping that someone keeping tabs on questions in here might be able to enlighten me . Also hoping that the nets & coms mods might allow me to leave this here as I figure i might get better advice from people knowing about networks .

I am having trouble playing Company of heroes , both through Relic and Hamachi . Relic say there are important ports 6112 , 9100 and 30260 . I have an eircom netopia 3347 wireless router/modem . I use the netopia firewall . I have to open 30260 , otherwise I can't even connect to the main Relic servers . If I open 6112 I can't connect at all . If I just open the 30260 , and run Company of Heroes and check netstat -a-o i can see 6112 and 9100 associated with the coh PID . I can get in and play game with some of my buddy's but evertime someone else in our group picks up the game it is always me they have a problem connecting to . And if we host our own game , lets say a 3 v 3 , with 3 of our guys in there , we can see that if any random person trying to join can't , it is because of me .

Now on to Hamachi , I can connect to it , along with everyone else but they all have limited connectivity to me ......until I turn off my netopia firewall . Is there some ports I would need to open for Hamachi ?

Any help would be greatly appriciated as I have tried just about everything at this stage , also any extra info needed can be provided ...but might need a little guidence .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Why not switch off your Netopia Firewall and use a software based Firewall for gaming?

Have you tried switching off your Firewall and then tried playing? Does it resolve all the problems?

If I were you I would definatly use a software based firewall and create rules to allow you to play COH with Hamachi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Have you tried switching off your Firewall and then tried playing? Does it resolve all the problems?

If I were you I would definatly use a software based firewall and create rules to allow you to play COH with Hamachi.

Switching off the hardware firewall allows me to use hamachi to play COH but it makes no difference to playing it through Relic .

Any idea if there are ports that need to be open for Hamachi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Incase anyone searches this , the last patch 1.51 server side , seems to have fixed this problem , you still have to turn the firewall to 'off' ( although I havent tried it at 'low' yet )

edit : actually you can just set the firewall to ' low ' and it works fine .

Advertisement