Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The shiny eyes look Grainne Seoige has

• 28-02-2007 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

I was wondering how Grainne Seoige and other celebs get the constantly glistening look in there eyes as Im presuming they all dont have personal trainers, drink 5 litres of water a day and eat nothing but vegatables and fruit :D Is there some kind of eye drops that give this amazingly healthy look I dont know about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭silver haze

because they have the studio lights shining down on them which they look at when facing the camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Saskia wrote:
    I was wondering how Grainne Seoige and other celebs get the constantly glistening look in there eyes

Coke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

About 6000 watts of light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

My contact lenses make my eyes look really sparkley and dewey. Maybe thats the secret!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You can buy Optrex eye drops called Clear Blue that definitely do make your eyes a little bit more sparkly. Long term regular use is supposed to be bad for you however. I suggest you look for them yourself in the chemist. I made the mistake of asking an absent minded assistant for Clear Blue Eyedrops and was handed a pregnancy test :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Lump wrote:
    About 6000 watts of light.

Surely that would dry your eyes out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

White eyeliner is meant to help make your eyes look shiny. I'm kinda dubious; I know one person who wears it and it looks great, but pretty much everyone else who wears it just looks a bit odd.

A good mascara + eyelash curlers = great way to open up your eyes and make them look bright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hotlips_h

stargal wrote:
    White eyeliner is meant to help make your eyes look shiny. I'm kinda dubious; I know one person who wears it and it looks great, but pretty much everyone else who wears it just looks a bit odd.

A good mascara + eyelash curlers = great way to open up your eyes and make them look bright.

I recently did a course with Boylan & Balfe (www.boylanandbalfe.com). Ken does Grainne Seoige's make up regularly. For some looks, he used dark eyeliner on the inside of the lower lid but he didn't use any white.
    He did say that she had just perfect skin so it wouldn't surprise me if her eyes were perfect too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

hotlips_h wrote:
    He did say that she had just perfect skin so it wouldn't surprise me if her eyes were perfect too.

Bah humbag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

anyone with make-up artists and of course a life of money and luxury can have sparkley eyes!

i cant get the white eyeliner to work on me at all, you can actually see the white and i look like a ghost :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

you can get sparkley eyes with a) good under eyeconcealer and put some on the eyelid as that area is sometimes miscoloured. b) stick some vaseline on the lid either on it's own or over some eyeshadow. c) but black eyeliner on the inner rim below the upper lash - this gives the lashes the appearance of being darker and longer d) some maybeline mascara e) white eyeliner on the bottom rim if needed.

This all depends on the shape of your eyes also. Eyeshadow can give a sparkley eye appearance also - like blue eyes can be brought out with borwn eyeshadow (in the crease) and white eyeshadow on the browbone and inder the crease. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I've used Benefit Lemonaid to good effect - it's a pale yellow eyeshadow/colour corrector for your eyelids. It seems to open the eyes up, and might not look as ghost-like as white eyeshadow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DVDMAN

its all the activity the night before the show;)

Advertisement