Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Ripwave and Zone Alarm

Options
  • 28-02-2007 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All,

I have installed the latest version of the Free Zone Alarm firewall. I have Irish Broadbands ripwave at home, but Zone Alarm is blocking connections from the ripwave modem.

Does anyone know how I can setup Zone Alarm so that it doesn't block these connections? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭slick

I have A BT rooter and i had problems getting into hotmail due to Zone alarm.Here's the hotmail fix I read on the ZoneAlarm forum, this will reset all ZoneAlarm settings.

Close down Zonealarm and go to the following folder C:\WINNT\Internet Logs and delete the files backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb. Reboot pc.
    It might work!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Alternativly on your network inteface in Start | Settings |Network Connections in the Properites, only have TCP/IP ticked. In some cases doing that is more effective than Zone Alarm.

Disable Telnet and HTTPS in Start | Run |services.msc

If your PC is well set up you don't need Zone Alarm for XP or Vista or Win2K or NT4.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

watty wrote:
    If your PC is well set up you don't need Zone Alarm for XP or Vista or Win2K or NT4.0

Want to explain that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

router has hardware firewall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

stanley1 wrote:
    router has hardware firewall
    Yes it always amuses me to read about all these problems with software firewalls when a router is capable of doing the job with less hassle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement