Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog soiling bed

Options
  • 28-02-2007 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

As some of you may know I got a puppy (English Mastiff) in January. Toilet training had been going brilliantly until recently. We got one of those big cushions for her to lie on in both the house and her kennel where she sleeps at night.

She has start to wet these though and not only that she continues to lie in it after she has gone...........

Anybody i have said this to has said it is extremely rare for a dog to wet it own bedding.

Then to top it off she wet 2 different beddings in the house yesterday and also went a third time but not on the bedding (there was none out though)

Anybody have any ideas? How would i know if she had a urinary infection cause there is no bad smells off it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

A trip to the vet would rule out any urinary tract/bladder/kidney problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Try putting her food in her bed.
    Some dried food or treats

Dogs don't generally wee/poo as a rule in their own bed

Try this once you rule out any infection - it works well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A trip to the vet is definitely something you should consider, it is a rare thing to happen.

Advertisement