Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish OL Paper 1

Options
  • 28-02-2007 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

just after finising paper one...the comprehension's were about guantanamo bay and the da vinci code..anyone have this paper? what company did this and what stories and poem are coming up on paper two??
    cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

What else was on the paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

ehm the question i did were the litir and sceal...litir was you are doing a french course in france, write home to your parents telling them how your getting on...and the sceal was your doing your homework in your room one night and you are on your in the house, a strange big car pulls up out site....very nice paper...

anyone???? i have paper 2 in the morning!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hopkirk

Did this paper about 2 weeks ago, There was a question on the Cearrbhach Story about summarising it and what type of person is he. The other question was about the theme. I did "Grá" for Clare Sa Spéir. I also think "Fiche Blian Ag Fás" came up in an other of the questions.

Poetry, Definately "Mo Ghille Mear" (I did this Q) and I think "faoiseamh A Gheobhadsa" in the First Part. "Níl Aon Ní" is the Second Question.

nice one...thanks alot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 superskunk

i had this paper today also...
    what company made this paper?
    Irish paper 1
    Freagair do rogha dha cheann de A B C D anseo
    A- GIOTA LEANUNACH
    Scriobh giiota leanuach ar cheann amhain de na habhair seo:
    I)An scoil seo againne
    II) Laethanta saoire
    III) Scannan a chuaigh go mor i bhfeidhm orm

B- SCEAL
    I) ag deanamh m'obair bhaile a bhi me nuair a chonaic me carr mor ag stopadh taobh amuigh den teach

II) nuair a dhuisigh me i lar na hoiche hi me cinnte go raibh duine eigin no rud eigin sa seomra lion

C- LITIR
    I) ta tu sa fhrainc ag deanamh cursa Fraincise i rith na laethanta saoire. scriobh litir a chuirfea chuig do thuismitheoiri ag insit doibh faoi conas mar ata ag eiri leat

II) Leigh tu alt sa nuachtan La faoi fhadhb na ndrugai i measc na n-og. nior thaithin an t-alt leat. Scriobh an litir a chuirfea chuig eagarthoir an nuachtain

D- COMHRA
    I) Ba mhaith leatsa dul go hIbiza tar eis na hArdteistimeireachta le cairde leat ach nil do mhathair sasta cead a thabhairt duit. scriobh an comhra a bheadh eadraibh.

II) Chuala tu go raibh coisir an-mhor ag cara leat ag an deireadh seachtaine seo caite ach ni bhfuair tu cuireadh dul ann. Scriobh an comhra a bheadh eadraibh nuair a fheiceann tu an cara seo aris
    then something about a prison and the da vinci code

if anyone had this paper please help me out.. i have ordinary maths paper 1 and ordinary irish paper 2 tomorrow so try post by 7:30am tomorrow.. i do business- higher, biology- higher, history- higher, french- ordinary, english ordinary.. if you can sort me out with any info on these exams let me know here or drop us a pm.. i'll try help as much as i can with all the exams i do like i did with irish paper 1 above..
    thanks

Thanks skunk, I am doing my Irish Paper 2 either, Monday or this Friday. Check out: History Paper Impossible for my History tips, that's all we ahve in similar though! :( Also could have different papers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 superskunk

no problem.. hopefully you have examcraft mock papers because ui have paper 2.
    on question 1 you need to write about what type of person the gambler is in an cearrbhach mac caba and 'ta me ag iarraidh achaini ort,' arsa an cearrbhach. 'cad e an achaini?' arsa dia. 'bua chearrbhach an domhain a thabhairt dom,' arsa an cearrbhach. tabhair cuntas ar ar tharla sa sceal ina dhiadh sin.
    in part b you need to write about lonlieness in an bhean og

in question 2 you have to write about how the poet loves his native place in faoiseamh a gheobhadsa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

So is all of this defiently examcraft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Copper_90210

Has any1 got d letters, comhra's or essays from paper1?? My paper2 had gealt and nil aon ni. the stories were on an bhean og-say how she spent her time at the beach, and i did la bui bealtaine- write about one character u liked and another character u dudnt like. ..anybody get dat paper??

• Advertisement

Any more hints, I have not done An Cearrbhach Mac Caba, what was the other option in that question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

In Paper 1 do you have to do Roinn A and B? I was writing far longer than everyone else although I did take a half hour break midway through the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I had that Paper 1 today. A 2 hour 20 minute exam, finished in 50 mins. Felt sorry for our teacher standing there looking at all her Leaving Cert students just sitting there, bored out of our tree's. Paper 2 in the morning so, eh yeah, I'm staying in bed. Dont know anything about any stories/poems so no point really.

Skunk, you've the same Irish company as me, so I'm guessing its the same all over. History essays are: causes of World War 2, the effect of WW1 on Womens role in society, how the two Irish Governments dealt with the social & economic situation from 1923-1939. They're the ones I did. Also something about the Balkans, Churchill, Nuremburg Rallies. Sorry if all of this is too late. Document question is 1913 Lockout, Q4 of that is What was the outcome for the workers of the 1913 Lockout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Nice exam in fairness, might have A1'd it, not that it matters coz I'll never get the grade in the real thing (0.8%... pfft)

Advertisement