Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh Prawns in Dublin

Options
  • 28-02-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

hi Guys,

I was hoping to find out some places around dublin where you would get some nice fresh prawns, are there any decent saturday morning markets etc?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Sawyers on Chatham Street?
    Or some Dunnes might have some.

Not sure of anywhere else around town really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

jebuz wrote:
    I was hoping to find out some places around dublin where you would get some nice fresh prawns, are there any decent saturday morning markets etc?
    There's one or two shops on the pier in Howth (Reids being one, I think) plus several sea-food restaurants. They are open on Sunday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

If you can manage it, buy directly off the boats when they come in (Howth, Skerries, Loughshinney etc.). You won't get any fresher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Howth rocks for that. There's also a fishmongers on Baggot St that used to be good for that kind of thing, not sure if its still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Its still there yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

I now this is an old thread but I was wondering if its still possible to buy prawns direct from the fisherman as mentioned in this thread.

Someone told me that this is not possible any more because the co-ops put a stop to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Yes still can do, once its cash so the nasty tax man can't trace it.

Advertisement