Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XII

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Finally got me a ribbon. bloody hell the pharos subtera is tough, enemy love to swamp you. good items down there.

Apparently ther are six chances to get a ribbon in the game ( i dont think you can miss them) but you wouldn't know how to find them if you didnt have a guide/faq

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

ones killing a lvl99 chocobo,also theres a 1 in 250 chance of taking oe of a vishno. The pharos is the most straight forward way. check out gamesfaq guides for where.

Anyone know where i can find a decent map of the great crystal. specifically looking for a map with platform names. The books crap and the ones on gamesfaq are ok no names tho.

Here is a link to the map that i used:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/459841/46722
    It has no names but its probably the easiest one to use.

This faq has a map done with the names on it:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/459841/42270
    but i didn't find it that easy to go through. (at over 3 megabites , this walkthrough is a huge file, the map is down about a quarter of the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/747/747543p1.html
    this doesn't have a map, but the instructions are very easy to follow. it also has the names of the way stones.

• Advertisement

Combined one of the walkthroughs and one of the maps, hopefully i matched the names up correctly. Getting to ultima and omega should be a bit tricky, getting back might prove to be trickier.

Actually it's the one thing i really dislike about this game alot of the stuff is very dependent on a guide, for instance he Zodiac spear, theres no way in hell you'd get it without the guide.

does anyone know where in the henne mines secret area is ribbon?

from gamesfaqs, does'nt say where unfortunately.

|
    |
    | Ribbon Buy: - gil |
    | (Bangle) Sell: 0 gil |
    |
    |
    | Immune: Various status effects |
    | (Blind, Poison, Silence, Slow, Sleep, Sap, Immobilize, |
    | Disable, Petrify, Confuse, Oil, Stop, Doom, Disease) |
    |
    |
    | o Find it inside a chest in Pharos - Subterra B3F |
    | o Find it inside a chest in Henne Mines - Special Charter Shaft |
    | o Find it inside a chest in Crossfields (with Diamond Armlet) |
    | o Defeat Rare Game No. 44 Vishno (extremely low chance) |
    | o Defeat LV 99 Red Chocobo - Ozmone Plains (near Jahara) - rare |
    | appearance |
    |_____________________________________________________________________|

map : http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/459841/44213

And whatever the hell the hint is.

Actually it's the one thing i really dislike about this game alot of the stuff is very dependent on a guide, for instance he Zodiac spear, theres no way in hell you'd get it without the guide.

Forget about the zodiac spear, try making anything with the bazaar without a guide. The clues in the clan primer are terrible, they really should of had recipes that you could find to tell you what you need to make what you want.
    (eg the tournesol can only be made in the bazaar, but the recipe is really complicated, its not something you're likely to stumble on)

• Advertisement

Yeah was reading the weapons guide on Gamefaq the tournescols ridiculous, alot of the items are that way. without the guide forget about it. also some of the conditions on how to find marks\rare games stupid.

if anybody else is looking for ribbon in henne mines secret area, like i was, here is a link to a map of the area with the 'treasure' marked.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_xii_henne_secret.png

Was it there? according to one of the maps, zodiac spears there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Can someone tell me who Ashe marries?

Yes I am slow.

The Zodiac Spear isn't in the Henne Mines.

the zodiac spear has only a .1% (thats point 1 per cent) chance of appearing in the henne mines

i got ribbon there, no zodiac spear

Well i f'ed up the whole treasure chest thing, so looks likes i'll be visiting the hennes mines about 1000 times, does .1% include diamond amrlet.

Mate of mines currently fighting Yiazamat, got him down to around 1 m hp, apparently he gets very nasty around then.

anyone know if there is more than 1 Zodiac Escutcheon shield in the game. i got 1 in the great crystal. tried googling other forums but couldn't find an answer to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

seriously guys the answer to all of this stuff can easily be found on gamefaqs..

has anyone defeated omega mark xii? is it difficult? and how long?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AdventChild

i love final fantasy xii, but i definitly like the compilation af final fantasy vii better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Not finished it yet, so can't decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Well, after a 2 month break after clearing the game so I could go do my exams, I've gotten back into it. Just obtained all the Espers (main that Zodiark is a pain) and finished all hunts (except Behemoth King, Hell Wyrm, Yiazamat and Omega).

I enjoy doing this stuff, obtaining the best weapons etc but I have to agree with others in the way that it's nigh on impossible to do ANY of it without a guide. It's as if Square made the game so people would buy the guide and give em more money, bloody ridiculous.

Still, good old gamefaqs is enough for me, Behemoth King here I come ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Cina wrote:
    I enjoy doing this stuff, obtaining the best weapons etc but I have to agree with others in the way that it's nigh on impossible to do ANY of it without a guide. It's as if Square made the game so people would buy the guide and give em more money, bloody ridiculous.

They've been doing that since VII. Thankfully gamefaqs et al always have a comprehensive guide up by the time the games reach us.

Advertisement