Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get from Eyre square to GMIT by bus

Options
  • 28-02-2007 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭

OK I guess the title says it all, but have to get to and from GMIT for a couple of days work and can't use the car.
    How do I get to GMIT for around 9am and back around 5.30??

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Lisbeg Lawn, Ballybane and Merlin Park shuttle buses will pass by GMIT....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The magic bus apears there during a full moon, but nobody knows where it comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

What HavoK said, except the bus stop for those is the last bus stop on eyre square (the closest one to Cuba Nightclub / the one directly across from the tax office). You'd need to go early tho, they havent shown up for me loads of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 iarlaoha

A lot of the Bus Eireann buses from the Bus Station stop at GMIT, the Limerick\Cork and Doolin ones do anyway. You could always hop on one of those and ask the driver to let you off at GMIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

iarlaoha wrote:
    A lot of the Bus Eireann buses from the Bus Station stop at GMIT, the Limerick\Cork and Doolin ones do anyway. You could always hop on one of those and ask the driver to let you off at GMIT.

Chances are, the bus driver won't because GMIT is a pick-up only stop. There isn't a fare. The first drop-off stop is Oranmore.

If you get the Merlin Park or the Lisbeg Lawn shuttle bus it'll go by it. It goes the stop closet to the statue of Liam Mellows... I think!!!! But be sure to check the timetable - some buses alternate between that stop and the stops across from Fibbers....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

And also, good luck in trying to get a bus back into town... I spent an hour and a half waiting before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Vagrant

Your best bet is the number 2 or the number 5, get to the square for about half eight in the morning, and you'll get one of them. Getting back is a major problem though, don't bother waiting across the road from the college, the buses only pass there if they feel like it, sometimes I wonder if there is a secret bus park somewhere in Merlin Park, they pass by, but never come back. Where was I ? Oh yeah, to get back wait at the Bus stop beside Galvia (Bon Secours) hospital. That way you'll catch both bus routes. Though be prepared to wait either way. Stupid buses....

It aint that far, you could walk!

But yeah, as mentioned before: number 5 Ballybane bus, number 4 Merlin Park and number 2 Lisbeg Lawn.

Advertisement