Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Three upgrade their entire Network?

Options
  • 28-02-2007 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if they upgraded all their masts to HSDPA? By the way they were talking i thought they would have? Is anyone on Three here and still only getting 3G speeds?

i got my new SIM card from them today..............after waiting FIVE yes 5, i will say it again FIVE!!! weeks, the network got upgraded in that time frame......

I am connecting but getting no more than 126kbps download (around 14KB/sec) with FULL signal. Its a solid connection with not much up and down in the speeds.

I cant see too many other people where i live using the service, and before i got the new SIM i was getting full 3G speeds.

Any ideas guys?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

20th Feb from enn.ie
    Irish mobile network Three claims to be the first mobile operator to upgrade its entire network to high speed broadband. Three said it will offer speeds of up to 3.6Mbps across its entire network, covering 85 percent of Ireland's population. "With speeds of up to 3.6Mb per second, Three is offering consumers the fastest mobile broadband speeds available," said managing director Robert Finnegan. "Three is a credible alternative to fixed line broadband and a catalyst for the uptake of broadband services in Ireland."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

looks like it is the entire network then, i need to call them in that case, my speeds are way off!
    Cound be a probelm with the cell?

Thanks for that!

Advertisement