Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf Key cutting / alarm

Options
  • 28-02-2007 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

We got the wife a new run around. A lovley 98 Golf.

She went to get a spare key cut yesterday, and nearly fell over when the guy said 75 euro.

Just wondered if any one knows where to get one cut south dublin/ north wicklow that isn't quite so high?

Also she has a 'blip blip' for the alarm and central locking, how would we go about getting another one of theses?

Thanks in advance,

Apip

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

First of all the coded keys are that expensive!!

Next if the alarm is seperate please provide the make of alarm so we can tell you where you can get a spare fob!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Thanks for the info on the key. Just going to have to bithe bullet on that one.

The alarm fob has 'gemini' on it. The car is with the wife. Would you need the alarm type?

Thanks,

Apip

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well if the brand of the alarm is "Cobra" goto the official site, or even open up the golden pages under alarms and find a supplier that are an authorised dealer of the alarm. Ring them and get a price cos they can code up your fob etc in a couple of minutes.

http://www.autronix.ie/ do those alarms!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There's a locksmith called Brown Bros in Dún Laoghaire, you could give them a call for the key. Although, as these things go, €75 doesn't sound too bad to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tonic07

There is a little hardware shop on the Grange Road Rathfarnham near the Three Rock pub that is supposedly very cheap for getting spare keys done.
    I had a dodgy Audi key and he took the chip out and inserted it into a newly cut key for 25 Euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Thanks for all the replys. Key seams to be around 75- 125, so as long as we're not getting robbed, I have no problem paying the 75e (still seams expensive though.

Looking in to the alarm, thanks jonny24ie for the website.

Thanks all,

Apip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Have a look on ebay, plenty for sale. I got one a couple of weeks ago and had it cut in a place at sutton cross in howth, only cost a tenner to have it cut and 27 sterling for the key.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mendo

Try Ilac (near McDonalds) or Blanch (inside the dry cleaner and shoes repair)Shopping Centre, if they can do it is only 40 euro.

Depends on the type of key and the type of transponder.

My friend got one done for 40 euro, for a '97 Polo.

Mendo

Advertisement