Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you had 3.......

• 28-02-2007 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭

questions, and only 3 you could ask the Lost writers what would they be. Granted they cant give away the entire plot, but 3 things that you'd really like to know but would still keep you interested. Please just keep it to 3 questions.

Mine would be -

Q) is there an other amongst Jack, Kate & co we are unware about ?

Q) what and why is Penny looking for and how does she know about the island?

Q) what are the others trying to achieve?

Sorry if this kinda thing was done before, I havent come across it if it has!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

What is the monster? What is the island? Whats with all the weirdness?

All 3 questions from season 1. Doesn't look like they'll be answered soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Great idea for a thread:

Q) Why is Locke in a Wheelchair?
    Q) Who is Jacob?
    Q) Why is Jack not on Jacobs list, who is on it and why? (possibly 3 questions in itself)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Good thread. My three questions are:

1. Why can no-one see the island from outside?
    2. What's causing all the weirdness like Locke regaining the use of his legs and Jack seeing his father?
    3. What is the black smoke yoke?

Although, if I'm being honest, these three questions bother me more:

1. What does Kate look like naked?
    2. What does Nikki look like naked?
    3. When will Kate and Nikki get it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

damn you trilla, my brain nearly imploded trying to sort my list of questions down to just 3...

Q1. Have you decided on how the series will end?
    Q2. How many seasons are left
    Q3. Will all mysteries and questions be answered by the end of the series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Well I could have 3 questions about the show itself and 3 questions to the writers.

1) How come nobody can see the island or escape from it easily?
    2) Who are the Others and why are they here?
    3) What does the island want and how does it have those powers?

...and to the writers/creators/producers:

1) Why don't you ever write the characters talking about the events?
    2) Why do you make the characters so stupid that they never ask any questions?
    3) What were the 3 'great' mysteries meant to be solved in the last episode and were they important?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

L31mr0d wrote:
    Good questions and the only questions which actually make sense. The whole point of watching a tv show is to watch, wait and see what happens. Any other questions would just ruin the experience and as far as I can figure shouldn't be asked unless questions remained unanswered at the conclusion of the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

1. how come you decided to add a second island, and how did desmond not see it whilst circling the main island on the boat.
    2. why are you allowing yourselves to be raped by abc
    3. when and have you decided how you're going to end it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

daiixi wrote:
    Good questions and the only questions which actually make sense. The whole point of watching a tv show is to watch, wait and see what happens. Any other questions would just ruin the experience and as far as I can figure shouldn't be asked unless questions remained unanswered at the conclusion of the series.

normally id agree with you, but hey, this is lost, its lookin likely enough at this stage that some of the questions may never be answered, id be squeezin every answer out of the writers i could, given the 3 questions opportunity..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

doonothing wrote:
    normally id agree with you, but hey, this is lost, its lookin likely enough at this stage that some of the questions may never be answered, id be squeezin every answer out of the writers i could, given the 3 questions opportunity..

Agreed. We dont want another X-files or Alias(which doesnt sound good for LOST!) on our hands. They both had terrible endings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

Who's Nikki?
    This isn't what i'd ask the writers, i just can't place her, i've seen all this seasons episodes as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Splendid wrote:
    Who's Nikki?
    This isn't what i'd ask the writers, i just can't place her, i've seen all this seasons episodes as well.

She has only been introduced this season, she was just supposd to be 1 of the background characters in previous 2 season although she actually wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Scorponok

1.Why do you ignore the original characters like Claire, Jin, Sayid ect.
    2.Why do you keep given us more questions every single episode??
    3.Why did Eko die?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

1) Will all questions be answered?
    2) Is every second episode going to be filler?
    3) (to Michael Giacchino) Why did you stop using the brass fall-off motif from the first series????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

1.Why is walt specical exactly
    2.Is the virus real, what is it what does it do.
    3.Is Ben or has ben ever been part of Dharma

Q) is there an other amongst Jack, Kate & co we are unware about ?
    *No, Kate has had some very suspicious lines of dialogue but given events if she is a mole then she probably doesn't even fully realise it herself. Other theories have indicated bernard...but the writers have hinted recently that there isn't.
    *Desmond, why? she loves him, how? her father is Mr Widmore a financial contributor to Dharma/Hanso, so thats how she knew she needed to find electromagnetic anomalies
    Q) what are the others trying to achieve?
    *Possibly a perfect scoiety, possibly the notion portrayed in the sri lanka video.

What is the monster?
    *It's suppose to the security system for the Island possibly made from nano technology. It also seems to be a kinda judge.
    What is the island?
    *Damon says it's a 'hothouse'. Currently it's the aftermath of old Dharma projects, still protected by an em field and littered with the remants of the old projects.
    Whats with all the weirdness?
    *Well something to do with the eye. The hallucinations/images are probably down to the smokey. Also there increased pineal gland activity due to the em field is making all ther losties extra sensitive to their envoiroment.

Q) Why is Locke in a Wheelchair?
    *We don't know yet....
    Q) Who is Jacob?
    *Possibly pathchy. Who's pathcy? Seems to be the guardian of the flame station.
    Q) Why is Jack not on Jacobs list, who is on it and why? (possibly 3 questions in itself)
    *The most common theory is the list contains people who the others want to induct into thier society or save from ther judgement of smokey, this theory arises from the fact that ben once said to anna lucia 'goodwin thought you were woth saving'.

1. Why can no-one see the island from outside?

*EM field, possibly something to with time and how the core of the island us spinning
    2. What's causing all the weirdness like Locke regaining the use of his legs and Jack seeing his father?

*Smokey was Probably Jacks father, now that we've seen him recreate Ekos brother. Locke possibly regained the use of his due the large em field.
    When he landed on his back from the crash, the lower of his body charged.

1. What does Kate look like naked?
    *Really Hot
    2. What does Nikki look like naked?
    *Quite hot
    3. When will Kate and Nikki get it on?
    *Season 47 Episode 14.

1) How come nobody can see the island or escape from it easily?

*em field shileds the island and also throws off compass normal compass bearings

3) What does the island want and how does it have those powers?
    *Black rock is probably the source of the Islands power, the theory is a comet hit the island with contained special properties,

1) Why don't you ever write the characters talking about the events?
    *Possibly becasue they can't think of decent enough ways of doing it.
    3) What were the 3 'great' mysteries meant to be solved in the last episode and were they important?
    *Jacks Tatoo, Cindy and the childern.
    1. how come you decided to add a second island, and how did desmond not see it whilst circling the main island on the boat.
    *Great question about desmond not seeing it.......???
    2. why are you allowing yourselves to be raped by abc
    *I don't JJ Abrams is any way fearful of ABC
    3. when and have you decided how you're going to end it.
    *they claim yes

3.Why did Eko die?
    *Because he didn't repent when Smokey confronted him with his past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

stevejazzx wrote:

*Great question about desmond not seeing it.......???

Desmond didn't circle the island. He sailed away from the island, and accidentally ended up back there due to the compass reading being thrown off by the EM field..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

1) Is Vincent masterminding everything?

2) Will there be an episode devoted to female cast members mud-wrestling?

3) What do you do with an itchy arse?

Desmond didn't circle the island. He sailed away from the island, and accidentally ended up back there due to the compass reading being thrown off by the EM field..

Without checking I'm pretty sure desmond says he sails around the Island because of the compass bearing. It's a little bit of cop from the writers out to say he just didn't see it. Obviously it can only be seen from one side but you would of thought it was at least possible to circum navigate the island even it is impossible to leave it's circle so to speak, after all Jin, Sun and Sayid managed to sail around part of it in season 2.

stevejazz wrote:

*Desmond, why? she loves him, how? her father is Mr Widmore a financial contributor to Dharma/Hanso, so thats how she knew she needed to find electromagnetic anomalies

How does she know Desmond was on the lsland? Sorry if Im missin somethin here but I thought He landed on the Island my mistake and takin in my the guy in the hatch who was apparently working for Dharma. Maybe I'm wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What the **** is going on?
    Have you already got an ending in mind?
    Should I grow a goatee, a full-on beard or just keep clean shaven?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Trilla wrote:
    How does she know Desmond was on the lsland? Sorry if Im missin somethin here but I thought He landed on the Island my mistake and takin in my the guy in the hatch who was apparently working for Dharma. Maybe I'm wrong

des meets penny at the stadium,he realises/finds out that penny never got his letters (widmore -her father- kept them without telling him ) he tells her he's going to win widmores race for his pride, she goes off, widmore finds out about desmonds plan to win the boat race and has him imponded on the island using his dharma connections, in time penny finds out about what her father has done to desmond and confronts him, he admits what he's done but tells her that the only thing he's know is that the island is protected by an em field and can't be seen, she meets desmonds physcis freind who comes up with the idea of searching for an em anonaly, hence the 2 italian guys, they miss the first anomaly when desmonds brings down the losties plane but they see the second one - end of season 2 -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

1) Is the french woman just insane or did her crew really go insane?

2) What's the deal with the giant foot?

3) What exactly are Dharma doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

About Desmond and how he didn't see the other island, I've always thought that the fact that he seemed to be as snug as a bug in the cabin after drinking bottles and bottles of Scotch would have had something to do with him not seeing the other island.

Did desmond specifically say he didnt see the island? Maybe he just didnt mention it

stevejazzx wrote:
    des meets penny at the stadium,he realises/finds out that penny never got his letters (widmore -her father- kept them without telling him ) he tells her he's going to win widmores race for his pride, she goes off, widmore finds out about desmonds plan to win the boat race and has him imponded on the island using his dharma connections, in time penny finds out about what her father has done to desmond and confronts him, he admits what he's done but tells her that the only thing he's know is that the island is protected by an em field and can't be seen, she meets desmonds physcis freind who comes up with the idea of searching for an em anonaly, hence the 2 italian guys, they miss the first anomaly when desmonds brings down the losties plane but they see the second one - end of season 2 -

good theorey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Did desmond specifically say he didnt see the island? Maybe he just didnt mention it

Yea, he probably saw it, just couldn't see anything strange about it so found it to be pointless to bring up

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

bluto63 wrote:
    Yea, he probably saw it, just couldn't see anything strange about it so found it to be pointless to bring up
    He didn't see fit to mention that they're not alone and there's an island nearby which may have everything they need? How about the island didn't exist until late in S2? :)

Seriously, if they never circumnavigated the island.. how did they know they were actually on an island...

Anyway, I'd ask:

1) How can they credibly expect us to believe that everyone's path over-lapped before hand?
    2) How can the numbers appear at lots of differnet points, including the lottery, without someone altering reality or some other such nonsense?
    3) Do they honestly expect us to like Jack, given nearly anyone I know thing he's an utter a$$hole?

I dont dislike JAck, just hate the way he's in every episode when he doesnt need to be and his story lines most off all get drawn out. I actually like the character. I'm not found of Charlie for reasons Im not too sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Trilla wrote:
    I dont dislike JAck, just hate the way he's in every episode when he doesnt need to be and his story lines most off all get drawn out. I actually like the character. I'm not found of Charlie for reasons Im not too sure...
    I'm not found of Charlie for reasons Im not too sure...

Aye, I feel Desmond should be dedicating his time to more important matters rather than trying to save this excuse for a character!

stevejazzx wrote:

yeah great theory! Well done on comin up with the link with Dessie's physics mate and Penny. The question is when are we gonna find out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

My three questions would be (if I only had three to ask)
    1)Are you really the writers of LOST?
    2)Really?
    3)Really?

But seriously, folks.
    1)When will Walt and Michael return?
    2)What is the monster?
    3)When will we see more of the guys in the snow cabin place and Penny?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It might have been foggy when Des was circling Lostland?

My questions three:

1) Why are you making us hate the characters more and more? You know you are, we used to like not knowing what to make of them, but now you've forced our hands.

2) Do you really care all that much about what happens or are you already thinking of what your next series/film/car will be? It's okay if you are, we all get a bit bored, especially the creative ones. Just have fun killing it off, don't do what you did to Alias.

3) If you were a fan, what questions would you want answered most? Ha-ha, turn the tables on 'em with that one!

3) If you were a fan, what questions would you want answered most? Ha-ha, turn the tables on 'em with that one!

Oooh good question

Kanney wrote:

But seriously, folks.
    1)When will Walt and Michael return?
    season 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Mine would be

1 Why is there so much hype over this over rated show?
    2 Why are you being clever for the sake of being clever?
    3 Do you even have a clue what it is all about?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

season 4

Hasnt been confirmed. Believe me I've looked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

1) What are Dharma hiding?
    2) What and who are the Others?
    3) What is the Black Smoke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

L31mr0d wrote:
    damn you trilla, my brain nearly imploded trying to sort my list of questions down to just 3...

theyve all been answered before tho

Again season 4 comes around Walt will be 6f 4 with a fully grown beard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

cooker3 wrote:
    She has only been introduced this season, she was just supposd to be 1 of the background characters in previous 2 season although she actually wasn't.
    Ah that those token new people. That was very irritating the way they were introduced.

My questions would be:

1)Do the writers have the end in sight or is this another X-files type fiasco?
    2) CAn they tie all the plot lines together?
    3) Why arent there more Jack in shower scenes (surely the greatest moment in lost) just having one is shameful....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

stevejazzx wrote:

OMG i totally forgot about that. There is too much stuff going on sometimes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

descry wrote:
    OMG i totally forgot about that. There is too much stuff going on sometimes!!!

Yup i forgot about it also until i read it here today again. There is so much depth to this show, its unreal :D

descry wrote:
    3) Why arent there more Jack in shower scenes (surely the greatest moment in lost) just having one is shameful....:rolleyes:

I would happily have another Jack shower scene as long as it goes something like Psycho

Advertisement