Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Accident Outside Stonyford

• 28-02-2007 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Anyone heading to Kilkenny City from the Waterford side be aware there's a bad accident after happening just outside Stonyford on the Kilkenny side. One of those lorries carrying wood (as in whole trees) lost it's load and 3 cars (one little car was completely flattened) and a van were hit with the wood. Another lorry also seems to have been involved, it looked very nasty... :confused::( I was coming back from KK to Kilmacow and passed it about 3.15pm, it was on the other side of the road so we got past but anyone coming the other way will have to divert to Kells. I'd imagine it'll take another few hours to clear the timber and the cars.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I was wondering what all the sirens were for in the last hour, knew it was something big...Hope no-one was very badly injured...
    Our govt TDs can hang their head in shame if there is, it's their fault that that death trap road is till not upgraded in the year 2007....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

That's terrible :eek: I've driven behind those wood lorries many a time and have wondered at times how well tethered the logs are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Yeah that road is a disgrace all right, I don't get up to the city much but it's a bad road, especially in the evenings when it's busy and people start passing out at dodgy places (well the whole thing is dodgy!). :eek:

I heard on the news at 4 no one was killed but several people were taken to hospital, no definete news on the extent of the injuries as of then anyway.

Also in fairness to the gardai they had a garda stopped about 3 or so miles before it to stop and warn people. :)

Advertisement