Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopwatches Out please..! Kitchen work

Options
  • 28-02-2007 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi All

Getting some work done to replace the kitchen. Fit kitchen and tiling. The guy who will be doing it comes recommended by a friend and charges by the day. Would anyone care to estimate times taken to do the following jobs:

a) tile kitchen floor 3.5 metres x 3.5 metres approx. Regular size floor tiles. (may or may not require a float/skim on top to straighten floor.

b) tile kitchen wall (between wall and base units) .5 metre x 4.5 metres approx

The kitchen itself is a reasonably modest flat packed kitchen from Noyeks < €3000 but I won't ask anyone to put a timescale on this as It could be anything from 1-3 days i guess.

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The tiler I had done the kitchen, wall over counter and floor (slightly bigger than your dimensions) and my Utility room in a day, think it cost me ~ €240, not sure about the price though, I was happy with his work, still am.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

Any other guesstimates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I had kitchen floor, utility floor and wall over counter done.
    Kitchen floor was 23sq yards, utility was around 3.5sq yards and wall about 4 sq yards. He had it done in around a day and a half I think. Charged €18 per sq yard.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i got stung with a guy who charged by the day - i would seriouly advise you to get a set price - this guy took three days to do a two hour job and he was a friend of the family. you should pin him down on a price, he will know exactly how long it should take

Advertisement