Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crash Repair - New BMW

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Onkle wrote:
    Depends on your policy and who your insurer is

OK, back to the OP on this one so - Anan1, does your mothers' policy cover this or do you rely on the courtesy of the after sales support of the BMW dealer that you bought the car from only a few weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Hibernian sorted me out a Focus through Windsor in Bray who have a deal with some local crowd. I had to pay up front, and then Quinn re-imbursed me as part of the overall settlement. Don't know what it's like for other companies.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

unkel wrote:
    Can someone clarify this: on an insurance repair job, does the insurance company typically pay for a replacement car?
    I believe that if you need a car and yours will be in the bodyshop then you are entitled to the use of a car somehow - isn't the idea of insurance to leave you without any inconvienence so to speak?

Incidentally my cheque for €2100 arrived yesterday from Hibs. This includes 3 days car hire (one of which has already been used when the dealer was estimating the work involved).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

unkel wrote:
    OK, back to the OP on this one so - Anan1, does your mothers' policy cover this or do you rely on the courtesy of the after sales support of the BMW dealer that you bought the car from only a few weeks ago?
    The entire job, including replacement car was paid for by the insurance of the taxi who hit her. This time around, though, Maxwell will be providing the replacement car at their own expense. On an amusing side-note, my mother was quite unimpressed with her replacement 3 series, bemoaning the lack of bluetooth & folding mirrors in particular. Up to the 15th of January last she didn't even know such things existed! Update, I just got a call from the service manager there, who is very apologetic and is making all the right noises. Hopefully we'll have a satisfactory resolution soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote:
    my mother was quite unimpressed with her replacement 3 series, bemoaning the lack of bluetooth & folding mirrors in particular. Up to the 15th of January last she didn't even know such things existed!

LOL - addictive things, those bells and whistles...

Let us know the progress on this, Anan1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Anan1 wrote:
    Update, I just got a call from the service manager there, who is very apologetic and is making all the right noises. Hopefully we'll have a satisfactory resolution soon.

Perhaps he or the owner likes reading this forum ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Yakuza wrote:
    Damn Anan1, I'm sorry to hear that. Two weeks old and damaged already - that must be some (sick) record :(

That Veyron in the UK was written off after a week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    Perhaps he or the owner likes reading this forum ;)

You never know who'd be reading this forum! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

ned78 wrote:
    You never know who'd be reading this forum! ;)
    Given the number of trade people who have posted here in defense of their businesses I would say a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

ballooba wrote:
    Given the number of trade people who have posted here in defense of their businesses I would say a lot.

Because someone praising a business automatically means their wages are paid BY that business? Oh cmon! People are allowed to heap praise on a company from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

ned78 wrote:
    Because someone praising a business automatically means their wages are paid BY that business? Oh cmon! People are allowed to heap praise on a company from time to time.

It should always be guarded praise. :)

On the subject of praise, the salesman in Maxwell was really very good. Even though it's not his area, he's still very concerned and keen to help. They could do a lot worse than to send him on a spray-painting course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

eoin_s wrote:
    Exclusive Autobody in Bray are highly recommended.

I know the OP is semi sorted at this stage but for the benefit of anyone else that digs up this thread in the future during a search, I can personally vouch for Exclusive Autobody. My brand new A3 a few years ago came delivered with a deep gouge down to the metal on the passenger door. Dealer compensated me for 'My Special Day' being tarnished and booked her in for the following day. I asked who they used and he said Exclusive Autobody in Bray. Suited me down to the ground as I live in Bray anyway so I didn't bother taking the replacement car and just dropped the car down and picked it up myself. Was a lot less hassle that way.

Anyway, got down to Exclusive on the Lower Dargle and got a bit worried that it seemed to be a small poky workshop and yard down a small residential street. Bit messy inside too. The 'MD' Hugh Brickenden turned out to be a very friendly likable genuine guy who assured me that this was not a touchup. The gouge would be sorted and the whole door would be repainted and no one could ever tell the door was repaired. True to his word the job was spot on. Perfect workmanship and a perfect colour match.

Had the car down again last year when I was rear-ended. Again a perfect job done. Got them to paint and fit a rear boot spoiler at the same time.

Thumbs Up from me.

Calibos - I've used Exclusive Autobody, albeit years ago, when Robin Sutton was there. Robin's work is really excellent, so much so that my family kept using him when he moved to Ace Autobody. I know, I should have listened...;)

Advertisement