Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad experience Re: Eircom BB and phone package billing

Options
  • 28-02-2007 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

Hi..
    I recently switched my phone and broadband service to Eircom. I signed up to do this with Eircom repressentatiive who came my door extolling the wonders of their broadband and phone bundle. I was told I'd pay E59 per month for an unlilmited landline calls and 2mb broadband package. There was to be no connection fee and the modem etc was to be free. My package started on Feb 1st and I recieved my first biill yesterday. To my horror it came to E259(only 28 euros of that applied to call charges). I rang presuming there had a been a mistake but heard that according to the terms of the contract the 1st month of service with them does not come under the special bundle pricing scheme and that it only applies from the second month bill. I've gotten wooly non specific answers as to where my the E259 charge came from but was assured quite vehemently by two eircom staff that it is correct. I've now spent a total of 3hrs on hold to customer services over the course of 3 calls and have yet to get through. Has anyone else had this experience ? Is the first month under Eircom bundle billing collossaly and unexplainably expensive ? I'm feeling completed shafted.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

chilly wrote:
    Hi..
    I recently switched my phone and broadband service to Eircom. I signed up to do this with Eircom repressentatiive who came my door extolling the wonders of their broadband and phone bundle. I was told I'd pay E59 per month for an unlilmited landline calls and 2mb broadband package. There was to be no connection fee and the modem etc was to be free. My package started on Feb 1st and I recieved my first biill yesterday. To my horror it came to E259(only 28 euros of that applied to call charges). I rang presuming there had a been a mistake but heard that according to the terms of the contract the 1st month of service with them does not come under the special bundle pricing scheme and that it only applies from the second month bill. I've gotten wooly non specific answers as to where my the E259 charge came from but was assured quite vehemently by two eircom staff that it is correct. I've now spent a total of 3hrs on hold to customer services over the course of 3 calls and have yet to get through. Has anyone else had this experience ? Is the first month under Eircom bundle billing collossaly and unexplainably expensive ? I'm feeling completed shafted.

Did the rep leave you any terms and conditions? the normal bill with most isps will include call charges and rental to date plus advance charges. So a proper charge for your first bill could be around 180 euros.

Given that you have spent so long on to Eircom without satisfaction I would write to their CEO Rex Coombs giving full details of the way you have been treated. I would also contact Comreg and see if they can contact someone for them - apparently they do not have a direct role in this sort of thing but they will often intercede unofficially.

Advertisement